What's new

ACT [Kazufox0] Pixelforce Updates! (game in works)

blackraven1425

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Pixelforce Updates! (game in works)

I haven't played Megaman in far too long, and I now know that because of that dragon boss.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Who asked for the old demo? The old demo is TP's work, aka sucks.

OP
Kazufox0

Kazufox0

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Who asked for the old demo? The old demo is TP's work, aka sucks.
True...but lot of people were curious.

edit: I'll be posting a new link to the demo soon since Megaupload is down.

Last edited:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Bumping for update. Sorry.

OP
Kazufox0

Kazufox0

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello everyone, it's been a little while since I posted...I have indeed received a copy of the original Pixelforce since its blocking on Megaupload. And well...I did play it and I said to myself 'Holy shit, this is horrible!' Horrible it was, so much so I felt to give a public apology for on every place I posted it. So to everyone that has played it, I am truly sorry about this. Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...sorry.

Even with this new updated demo, it's to what I could do considering the copy+paste coding that other guy did. Hopefully you guys can forgive me with this new demo as the final version will play, sound, and look much better. Note, none of the music to be added in the game is here.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Seems pretty solid. Only issue I've noted so far is i made it to the Dragon Boss with all three lives left, but died to him, I got some errors and then an instant gameover. XP

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

I don't know.. I'm all for pixel-rape but maybe I've gotten spoiled... I didn't like this game very much... The rapes weren't very creative.

I hope it develops some more. :p

Shadowgungc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey is there anyway to slow down the rape animations or keep them from speeding up, since it only takes a second or two before the animations move too fast to enjoy.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So wait... from the replies here, I take it all of you made it past the first underwater jump?

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So wait... from the replies here, I take it all of you made it past the first underwater jump?
You can jump indefinitely in the water bit.

OP
Kazufox0

Kazufox0

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

*sighs* Lot to explain...firstly, it's not perfect I know and has some errors. This is why I am paying someone else to work on that part.

For the water, you can swim by jumping repeatedly. I don't know how to slow the animation speed from its exponential rate. Like I said, up till now this has been a 1 man project and the roadblock being I don't know how to code so it's best I can do really.

Yes, the final game will feature much more and be a lot better as said, just wanted to get something to make up for the atrocity of the first 'demo' I showed.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

*sighs* Lot to explain...firstly, it's not perfect I know and has some errors. This is why I am paying someone else to work on that part.

For the water, you can swim by jumping repeatedly. I don't know how to slow the animation speed from its exponential rate. Like I said, up till now this has been a 1 man project and the roadblock being I don't know how to code so it's best I can do really.

Yes, the final game will feature much more and be a lot better as said, just wanted to get something to make up for the atrocity of the first 'demo' I showed.
Will the animations get progressively longer than 2-4frames
? I hope you aren't keeping the re skins of mega man though you could of made a little bit more alterations to make it look different.

If the rapes are done via script all you usually need to do is add "image_speed = (and the value goes here can be 1 or .1 or whatever)"

I think drag and drop options in gamemaker has a set image speed in the change sprite option as well if its done that way.

I never tried the last demo was it better or worse than this one, i hope it's better at least, anyways keep on going if it gets progressively more elaborate in the sprites and a more solid engine with the new programmer I'll be sure to try it out Good luck.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

The biggest advice I can give is that you shouldn't scale up all your images. It looks terrible when pixel art is scaled to inconsistent sizes, and it makes no sense from an optimization stand point since the game will run slower. However, scaling all the images will give you a cleaner zoom, so if you're worried about that then at least keep the scaling size consistent throughout the entire game, otherwise, just change the size of the view.

I was also going to explain some things about the jumping, but instead I've just made a quick example.

It's basically how to do a basic jump. They way it is now in your game feels very.. unnatural, almost like you have an elastic hooked to your character and the ground. The double jump is also odd, since you don't jump any higher if you use it at the top of your jump, and you don't jump very high if you're falling.

Last edited:
OP
Kazufox0

Kazufox0

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

At this point, chances are that I'll need to redo the sprites and animations because it's taken longer than expected...however, that would mean that any plans on another game with the better animations would be scrapped altogether.

The game itself will be on a different engine, I'll update everyone about it when I have something from him. As for the quality and scaling, that will also be fixed, the jumping too. This demo I posted is what little I can do with the copy and paste code job my 1st programmer did. I am working with someone else to optimize this demo to make it more like a game demo rather than controls like this mesh.

For the most part, I'm handling the whole thing myself. If others would like to offer assistance, feel free to let me know. I'm still busy on my end with plenty for this.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I didn't think it was bad. Maybe the double jump should be for jumping further and not so much higher.

Hey, it's progress and I appreciate the time you put into this game. Good luck on it though, I'd like to see more of it.

Xol

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I would love to help, but sadly I'm afraid my ability to do so is minimal at best, as I suspect is the case for many others here. Good luck though, I'm looking forward to it.

OP
Kazufox0

Kazufox0

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay guys, with help of a guy named Lurker_01 from Project X forums, I've got an updated and better demo to share! Demo version 1.0

Last edited:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks!

Is Lurker your mystery programmer we've been hearing absolutely nothing about?

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

I don't see any real changes.. But you probably improved the controls and physics a little, which I had no problem with which is why I see no visible changes..

My only major problem is the overly-simple rapes.. Doesn't matter what gender you are, you get fucked, so male character is useless in my eyes.

That and what the other guy said about the 1-4 frame rape animations.. Doesn't even give me a boner.. :(