What's new

Jumpers Rebirth

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Jumpers Rebirth

It might help if we got a description of how we get aggro and what it does then. Currently, I have no idea why Elizabeth even has 40 aggro instead of 20.

Edit: Ok, I changed my post. Does that fit better?

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aggro is something that determines how much of a desirable target you are. The higher aggro you have, obviously, the more likely that the enemy will go as far as to completely pass up your comrades, and go for you instead, even if you're character is further away than others, should your aggro be high enough.

Everything that your character does factors into points, which I add together to form a total. Whatever percentage of that total belongs to your heroine, is how high her aggro is.

And getting aggro is a simple task as well, cause problems for the enemy, or be extremely helpful. If you're a mage, one-shotting enemies, then you're going to be the top target on every enemy's list. The same goes for those who use healing methods such as potions, or magic to restore themselves or their comrades.

Elizabeth has high aggro because, if it wasn't obvious, she did the same as Sakuya, and killed an enemy instantly. Ashe only made a simple strike with her sword, and didn't kill her target, nor do as much damage. Thus, she is not as high a threat, based on her current actions. However, had she used her Level 1: Longsword ability to get an addition to attack, she likely would have killed the slime in front of her, and thus shared just as much aggro with everyone else, putting them all at 33.3% aggro, as they all did basically the same thing~run up, and one-shot kill an enemy.

Ashe's strategy is based around one thing, run in, and use Battle Cry to make every monster look at her, and focus all their futile attacks on her, while she either dodges away, or takes many hits to her armor while in a grapple, lasting for more than enough turns, for her comrades to move in, and attack freely. And most likely, by the time they gain some aggro back, most of the enemies will have been defeated.

Last edited:

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh shi- It's been forever since I've actually had time and/or the energy to get on here.....

Uh... hope... nothing horrible happened and that I let people down. >_> What'd I miss?

Also, oh crap sorry evil team people from way back when.....

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So rogue abilities draw reduced aggro then? I'm guessing this since she did the same thing as Elizabeth, but got only 20 aggro. (Which, if it's supposed to total at 100% among all party members, makes the total aggro currently 80)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Whops, that was a mistake on my part. Nope, the Rogue still draws just as much aggro when she attacks, but the way she attacks is supposed to draw less aggro overall, given how she's just supposed to move in, stab, and quickly run away.

I corrected Sakuya's aggro to be what it's supposed to be.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

That was why I was confused. I couldn't figure out why the rogue had less aggro.

Also, you may have missed the edit I made to my ooc post a while back, but I did fix my game post.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For a little bit of extra damage, Pheonix, you could use a normal attack, then use Strike, doing 250% total damage as a little boost of power.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

... I'll stick to what I have for now instead of changing my post.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh, I wasn't saying you should change it, I was just pointing that out. A small tip, if you will.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Can we make contact (To help with grapples or attack) from diagonals or not?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You can move diagonally, but can only attack, or anything of that nature, vertically and horizontally. And for grappled individuals, as long as your character is facing either the grappler, or the victim, you can assist either one of them, since they're pretty much sharing the same two spaces.

GoldGolem

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm going to wait for Pheonix to post Ashe's actions. When Ashe's actions are posted ill quickly add Sakuya's.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

So by
As well, to speed things along, once a majority of characters have low AP, the next turn will begin. However, all leftover AP will be kept for future use.
you mean monsters as well as characters...? That should probably be noted somewhere as well.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Naturally... I don't see why that wouldn't apply to monsters as well.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'm just saying, it says characters which normally implies player characters only. It should probably be changed to 'combatants' before you make a compiled rule thread.

Edit:
I've been assuming that, since grappled characters can be used as shields by the monsters, we can only make escape actions when grappled. Is that not the case? (Because if it is, I fail to see why we even needed the round before this one, since neither player could respond)

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashe still had the option of attacking from the grapple she was in, which costs 10AP, and was a rule left unchanged from Tassadar's post.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

...That would have changed my moves both rounds since being grabbed had I know that... *Sighs*

Just to clarify, given her situation, she is trying to escape this round.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You guys could clarify in your posts... That's both of ya, now.

Like;

Ashe/Sakuya does yadda yadda yadda, all cool-like and stuff.

(I attack monster C with my shiny sword)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

We did earlier, just before now, I didn't think we had an option to do anything other than attempt to escape and gold may not have known either.