Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score
Re: Introduce yourself

Welcome Karla, enjoy thy stay.

As for the bible... wasn't the US founded as a nation where church was separate from state and the founding fathers weren't even that religious. If that's the case, how come Religion is being used as the main excuse that homosexual shouldn't marry in multiple states. If I'm wrong let me know.
It's because they don't have anything vaguely resembling a valid point. There is no reason for there to not be homosexuals. In fact, homosexual are a good thing, in discreet amounts. But those homophobes are grossed out and don't know how to deal with it. So they become violent.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's because they don't have anything vaguely resembling a valid point. There is no reason for there to not be homosexuals. In fact, homosexual are a good thing, in discreet amounts. But those homophobes are grossed out and don't know how to deal with it. So they become violent.

relevant?

kj67879

Reputation score

The Basics

Name: kj67879 or Karla
Birth Place: hospital
Current Country of Residence: usa

Appearance

Hair Color: dont remeber the original color
Eye Color: gray

Personality

Zodiac: Virgo Celestial monkey (yr of the monkey)
My Fears: clowns
Common Utterances: We cant stop here, its bat country!!
Is the glass half full, or half empty: probably broken Im clumsy
Bad Habits: biting my nails

3 Things You Dislike:
1) stupid people
2) thieves
3) Paris Hilton and any Cardashin (the Olsen twin annoy the hell out of me too)

Favorites

TV Show: Food Networks Chopped
Drink: Rum + anything
Shoe: Is a stupid comic
Hat: Is something you wear on your head
Color: purple
Music Genre: anything but country and gangster rap
Internet Meme: Long live the Super Midge Ninja Pirates!!

Do I...

Smoke: no
Swear: hell no
Flip out and kill people: see dislike #3
Play Guitar/Air Guitar: no...no rhythm
Knit scarves for orphans: Orphans taste good with ketchup

Future

Can you see into it? i see the end of this intro does that count?
Should Marty have gone back to it? He should have nailed it.
Where you'll be in 5 years? Fuerer

Other Stuff

Reason for joining: friends
Other random trivia: Nerd/Geek/Gamer/Bishonin worshipper

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I... what?

@Toxic: The one where god is all "and you will sleep as man and woman" and people take that to mean he was specifically banning men sleeping with other men.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Uhhh, hello again karla?

@Toxic: The one where god is all "and you will sleep as man and woman" and people take that to mean he was specifically banning men sleeping with other men.
You mean Leviticus 18:6 - "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female. It is an abomination." ?
Cuz if so, have I got some words for that.

*EDIT* This also actually involves incubus' point of "9 “These you may eat, of all that are in the waters. Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat. 10 But anything in the seas or the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is detestable to you. 11 You shall regard them as detestable; you shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall detest their carcasses. 12 Everything in the waters that has not fins and scales is detestable to you."
Which is also Leviticus.

IN HISTORICAL CONTEXT: Leviticus is a holiness code. Meaning, it is something to be expected of the priests of Israel. No one else. Jesus and Paul both attested that Leviticus is not for Christian followers. The holiness code was for behaviors that Jewish people thought wrong in a certain context. And this also plays into the usage of the word "abomination," because they didn't use it how we use it today. To them, it just meant they thought it was offensive in a certain context. It wasn't a law, it wasn't to be upheld the same way.
So everything in Leviticus, including getting round haircuts, eating shellfish, playing with pig's flesh (football), and getting your fortunes told are a) not applicable to regular Christian followers, B) only held to Priests of Israel, and even then C) was not taken as a decree of law.

They didn't like the spilling or wasting of seed back then because in their understanding, semen was the entire being and women were only placeholders, so to speak. It's christianity, don't expect them to have decent views on women. So spilling seed was killing to them, and they were not a populated people. Almost every issuance of homosexuality in the bible is not the same as it's understood today. Even, and especially, in the classic case of Sodom.

Last edited:

Zelse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The Basics

Name: Zelse
Birth Place: USA
Current Country of Residence: USA

Appearance

Hair Color: Sort of brown
Eye Color: Blue
(Unless you post pictures, we don't care if you decide to bullshit.)

Personality

Zodiac: The fish I can't spell.
My Fears: Too many to name.
Common Utterances: "Indeed, good sir."
Is the glass half full, or half empty: It depends. If it was empty, and you are filling it, it is half full. If it was full, and you are drinking/emptying it, it is half empty.
Bad Habits: Way too many to name.

3 Things You Dislike:
1) Math
2) Preachy people
3) Drama

Favorites

TV Show: Battlestar Galactica?
Drink: Coke
Shoe: There are different kinds?
Hat: There are different kinds?
Color: There are different kinds?
Music Genre: Rock
Internet Meme: what is this i dont even

Do I...

Smoke: No.
Swear: No.
Flip out and kill people: Besides that one time.
Play Guitar/Air Guitar: I used to.
Knit scarves for orphans: Nah. I know how, though.

Future

Can you see into it? Nah.
Should Marty have gone back to it? Obviously.
Where you'll be in 5 years? Dead, I think.

Other Stuff

Reason for joining: No idea.
Other random trivia: I once stole the wind jade from Normoon, before being killed by a small kid named Brian.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hello there zelse (I typed zelda 5 times before I got that right. DAMN YOU S AND D BEING SO CLOSE AND MUSCLE MEMORY TAKING OVER FROM THERE!)

Welcome to the introduction/currently arguing bible interpretations thread.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Congrats zelse, you're the first new member that I don't hate with a passion

mainly because of your avatar and meme choice

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

No problem, anytime.

Be funnier next time.
Oh shit, I guess Incubus is our new humor judge. I guess I better stop telling jokes or Incubus will call me unfunny, which would just ruin my day.

But seriously, fuck you. No one cares about what you or anyone finds funny. Stop pointing out jokes, stop fucking judging other people. You're not important, and even if you were, no one cares.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure people would care if he was important, granted it was people caring that made him important, or one who isn't cared about is immediately unimportant. ie: if he were important, people would care.
Not to suggest he is important, but your hypothetical is a fallacy

*EDIT* Oh hey, noticed differences
So karla, do you now like liars? And did you unlearn how to play the sitar, or does the sitar take no rhythm?
And ... nut shucking?

Last edited:

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Oh shit, I guess Incubus is our new humor judge. I guess I better stop telling jokes or Incubus will call me unfunny, which would just ruin my day.

But seriously, fuck you. No one cares about what you or anyone finds funny. Stop pointing out jokes, stop fucking judging other people. You're not important, and even if you were, no one cares.
u mad?

But seriously, grow a pair. This is an adult site, try acting like one.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Adults: We aren't allowed to make jokes. Ever.

Zelse

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I... I've been doing it wrong all this time... :(

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

@toxic: I don't think that was the one I was thinking of, but then and again I heard it fifth or sixth hand at least five years ago so I could be remembering wrong. I've not gotten around to reading the bible yet. but that's a good post and now I have another rocket for my armory to use against the ignorant. (this makes me happy)

Cappy

Reputation score

My God, and I thought that I raged at shit nobody should care about way too much, that was a particularly un-offensive comment, in fact when I read "Be funnier next time" I giggled a little, I found that funny, God forbid he tells a joke about a joke. This starting to sound familiar?

No? Then let me put this to you in Incubus' possible perspective: *Makes witty comment* *Rage ensues*

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I'll take the QQ in this thread with a side of fries please.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Cappy, don't you have a shitty RP to tend to?

Status
Not open for further replies.