What's new

Into the Darkness (Tiffanian and Hentaispider)

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Into the Darkness (Sponge, Tiffanian and Hentaispider)

(same here XD)

He couldn't wrap his mind around it.
Ok, I've confirmed that harpies do in fact exist. Demons exist, and now apparently angels. Though I suppose if demons exist that would also in turn mean hell exists, thus heaven exists. Though while demons do their best to corrupt, why would an angel bother coming? I suppose the threat of demons would make their arrival also logical. So what does this all mean? Is this a battle of literally hell and heaven? Or is it all just coincidence? For all I know, she might not be an angel. I'm pretty sure that naga's exist, wonder if fauns or satyrs do? Man I've really been sheltered my entire life now haven't I? Or has everything been changed so drastically in a short amount of time?
His thoughts continued to wander until they finally came to a halt, realizing they had reached their destination.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Garrett: HP = 62, PP = 43, EP = 77, Status = Fine
Laena: HP = 67, PP = 56, EP = 46, Status = Fine
Lily: HP = 62, PP = 88, EP = 62, Status = Fine

The atmosphere of the Forest Maiden was very different from that of The Wealthy Bird's Lounge, the air of professionalism that the servants at the larger tavern had possessed replaced by a more homey feel. A young girl that Lily recognized as Aesir, the only daughter of the owner, came out the front door to greet them, "Hello again Lily! Who are your friends? Are you all here to have something to eat?" She was smiling pleasantly, and her gaze didn't linger on any of them long enough for it to be considered staring, not even on Laena.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

"Mmm" Laena hummed out quietly, nodding in reply as Garrett offered to buy her dinner, the words flying over her head as she remained lost in thought. She was snapped out of it when he grabbed her hand and began to lead her quickly behind him. She had to hop awkwardly fast to keep up with him. "Ahhh, wait" she called out, looking up as Lily flew up into the sky on her beautiful wings. "It's more comfortable to fly" she said, waiting for him to let go of her hand before she flapped up to join the angelic being just above the ground, though she flew a bit higher than did Lily. The harpy had some idea where they were headed, and her thoughts were confirmed as Lily landed in front of the Forest Maiden. She had never eaten here before, but she had been inside once or twice. It had seemed a pleasant place. She landed in front of Lily and followed her inside with a few hops, appreciating the less stilted atmosphere. She decided to let Lily handle the talking, though, since she seemed to know the hostess already.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As they fly together in silence, Lily keeps wondering about Laena. I always thought harpies were bold and talkative, but she seems so shy. Cute, though.

Lily answers with a slight smile, relieved to break the silence: "Hello Aesir. These are Laena and Garrett. Yeah, we're here to eat. What do you have today?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's nice to meet you two! I'm Aesir, as Lily here pointed out." The young woman replied, and then curtsied to both Garrett and Laena. "We're still serving breakfast, if you'd like that, else we've got a wonderful stew in the works for lunch. Beef and broccoli! And Auntie is always willing to make sandwiches. Come on in, I'll get you all a table!" She continued, and then spun on her heal, her short skirt fluttering with the quick motion and giving them all a brief view of her pink underwear. She either didn't notice or didn't mind that she'd offered them all a view, however, and led them into the Forest Maiden and found them a table near the window that could have seated a dozen. The small establishment was fairly packed, at least compared to the tavern, and many of the patrons stared at the two winged women for a moment before returning to their food.

Menus were quickly brought before them, as well as cups of water, and Aesir asked; "What'll ya have?"

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

"Nice to meet you too" Laena replied, nodding to the curtseying human. Breakfast sounds good she thought, starting to recover herself a little bit. She didn't pay much mind to the flash of Aesir's panties; judging by how short her skirt was, it was an intentional bid to give the men, and some of the interested women, who patronized the tavern a bit of eye candy while they ate, and she didn't have a problem with that. The harpy hopped after the waitress along with Lily and Garrett, eventually being led to sit at a rather huge table by the window. She shrugged off the stares directed at her, at the moment not caring what any of the other customers might think of her. Soon a glass of water and a menu were laid in front of her, and she took a sip as she allowed Lily and Garrett to order first, giving her a chance to look through the menu. She managed to pick out a few things after a quick glance, looking over at Aesir and ordering. "I would like some eggs, and a little bit of this you have here" she said, pointing towards a dish of breakfast meat on the menu, "and then a side of whatever greens you would recommend, please."

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He watched the hostess Aseir greet Lily, so that meant they at least knew each other. The woman had a very friendly disposition, just as a waiter would be. Even the curtsey was a nice touch, he always thought such a thing looked elegant and maidenly. Though after that moment Aseir turned around too quickly, her skirt fluttering enough for Garrett to catch a glimpse of her panties. He found himself blushing and looked upward, like he was thinking to himself. Following to there seats, he could yet again see people staring at them. What was so weird about this? They were people just like anybody else. But Garrett just decided to humor the a couple of the spectators and give a quick raise of his hand like he was greeting them.
"Yo." And proceeded to walk on, paying no mind afterwards.

"I would like that special that you had mentioned earlier if you would? The beef and broccoli stew. I could use something pretty filling right about now. And for drink, just water will do fine."
They had been seated to their table, and the atmosphere of the place was much better than the last one they'd been at. While admiring the place, he overheard Laena's order, and Garrett had to prevent himself from making a horrible joke about what she was ordering. But he managed to catch himself, as he still wasn't sure if she found such types of jokes to be either funny or offensive. "So harpies are cannibals?" is what he was about to ask, but he just gave a nod and smile to Laena.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Raising an eyebrow at Garrett's blushing, Lily doesn't say anything before taking a seat next to Laena. Great. More stares. At least we'll be out of here soon...if they even take me with them. They seem so...quiet. I hope it's not because of me.

Shifting uneasily in her seat, Lily looks at the menu without actually seeing anything, until her thoughts are interrupted by Garrett ordering. "I...guess I'll have some of that stew, too. And goat milk, if you have any." Desperately trying to think of something to make conversation about, she keeps coming blank. "So...where are you going to go from here?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Coming right up!" Aesir replied cheerfully, and quickly departed. The girl returned a short while later and handed out their drinks, a cup of goat's milk for Lily and more water for Laena and Garrett. A few minutes later, she came bearing a tray with their food, setting everything down in front of each of them and ten leaving them on their own once they had assured her that they didn't need anything else.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lily's question had caught him off guard. Where was he headed after here? Did he even have a plan?

"Well actually, now that you mention it, I'm not really sure where I should go next. Half the reason I'm here is to ask around, as where I lived nobody would ever know the location."

He was struggling whether to really tell exactly where he was trying to go. And in a place like a restaurant, it probably would only gather more stares if he mentioned he was searching for any connections or locations of demons.

"It's not where I'm going, but where I'll get the information rather. Is there anybody around that you know of that might have any knowledge of the current situation that's plaguing the land at the moment?"
I'll have to lie a bit to make it sound reasonable.
"My home town was attacked by demons, and we are currently looking for ways to either deter them away from us, or properly ward them away somehow. Magic, tools, rituals, anything that would help really. We've heard that this place has held pretty well against them, and from the looks of it, it's true. I don't see any signs of demonic aura or taint. The last attack on us had dire effects."

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

A slight edge of bitterness enters her voice as Lily answers to Garrett's question: "Oh, there are plenty of prominent sages and the like around. Good luck getting one to talk with you unless you're one of them, though. I'm a mage of sorts myself, but I don't have much experience with demons, unfortunately."

As the food arrives, Lily takes her plate and thanks Aesir before starting to eat, though not really hungry she ends up spending much of the time picking on it. Demons? That almost sounds like he wants to go hunting for some. But then, I would too, had my home been attacked.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

Laena thought quietly once Lily had asked them where they were headed. She wasn't really certain. There wasn't any specific place where Garrett's family would be, or where they could look for them. It was probably a lost cause to look for them anyway, but the harpy didn't want to say so. Before she could even begin to formulate a response, Aesir came back with their meals, laying a plate with eggs, meat, and a form of lettuce. "Thanks" Laena said, nodding to the waitress and then beginning to munch on the lettuce, which was satisfyingly crisp and tasteful. She was interested in Garrett's motivation for lying to Lily, but said nothing, instead sampling some of the eggs and meat. Once she had swallowed it down with some water, she decided to try and direct the conversation in a slightly different direction. "Oh, you're a mage? What kind, if you don't mind my asking?" she asked between mouthfuls.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Raising a brow, Garrett himself was also curious about what Lily's magical profession was.

"Mage eh? Indeed, what type? I myself couldn't really be considered a mage, despite my use of magic. It's something more like that lies in my spirit, rather than some energies that surround us."

Garrett was slightly amused to see that Leana was perhaps loosening up a bit. She was starting to ask questions rather than staying silent like she had just recently. The waitress came with his stew, and giving a polite nod of thanks, he started to work on the vegetables first.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Shrugging as her wings slightly change their shape to better fit her chair Lily answers, starting to relax: "Oh, a little this, a little that. Though mostly I've learned pure, so called arcane magic. And... my master's study was focused on death magic, though I never really got the hang of that."

Lily keeps her eyes mostly on her food, though she occasionally looks at the others. Garrett seems so...proper it's almost annoying. I bet he has dirty thoughts about Laena, the way he denied being with her so quickly. And Laena. A weird pair, that's for sure.

"So what do you do? Are you...demon hunters or something like that?"

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Crap, she thinks I'm a weirdo. I didn't want to make a scene, obviously some guy that's running around town asking people where to find demons isn't exactly the sanest thing. Was hoping to be a little more subtle about it. But in a way, she's right on the dot.

"What? Demon hunters! Don't be ridiculous! That's way too dangerous!" He did his best to laugh off her correct accusation, but he felt guilty that Laena was being thought of being a crazy demon hunter too.

He wasn't exactly convincing himself either, he would be pretty easy to see through.
"Well, not exactly demon hunters. I just... I just need to know where I can find some that I might possibly be able to converse with. I need to find some family, but the only people that would know would be the demons. But if they try anything funny, I won't mind killing them. Honestly I'll be trying to look for a reason if I ever do come across an intelligent demon humanoid."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Is that so." A voice, cold and masculine and possessing worlds of fatigue and age behind it spoke up without warning following Garrett's announcement that he would gladly look for an excuse to kill any demons that he found. The diner the trio had been in went silent as all eyes turned toward a man sitting in a booth no more than ten feet away from Garrett. He was alone, and had just laid a small book bound in red leather aside, and set aside a pair of reading glasses as well. Lily had never seen this man before, but his blood red eyes and his general aura she knew without a doubt that he was, in fact, a demon himself. "Well, boy, perhaps I can help you, hrm? I just so happen to know of the location of a demon who would be all too happy to converse with you, even on such violent terms." The man, who appeared to be nothing but a human reaching toward middle age to Garrett and Laena, spoke calmly and cleanly as before, and even wore a smile on his face, though the expression did not touch his eyes.

There were some concerned mutterings, but then the other groups of people in the Forest Maiden went back to their own topics of conversation. To any onlooker, it would appear as if nothing had happened, but there were more eyes upon their table now than had been when Lily and Laena walked in.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

Laena noted with interest the way Lily changed the shape of her wings to better suit the booth she was sitting in; maybe she wasn't an angel after all. It would explain how beautiful she was, too, if she could change shape at will... "Arcane, you say? I always thought arcane was a little odd. I mean, most of the other energies around us are obvious, but for arcane it isn't, if that makes sense. I'm a wind mage of sorts, myself" she replied, taking a pause from her meal just long enough to get the words out before diving into the plate of eggs again. At the demon hunter talk, she looked up from her plate again and shrugged. "I've actually never met a demon before. I've heard stories that paint them in a bad light, but I've heard stories about most races that do that too" she said. She was a little bit disturbed by the way Garrett was talking. It seemed to her that he was too eager to do something so drastic as to take a life, almost gleeful about it. She didn't feel that way even about the weeds that infested the jungle, and she wasn't much a fan.

She wasn't the only one who had an eyebrow raised by the comment, as a man in the next booth spoke up. Laena looked over at him, watching as he set aside a small book and some reading glasses. He seemed no different from any other middle-aged man, as he offered to introduce Garrett to a demon, but there was something odd about him somehow... Something that made Laena feel just a little bit uncomfortable, though she couldn't place why.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Is that so."

The unexpected voice took him off guard, and Garrett turned about to see somebody else talking. It seemed to be a rather middle aged man. He seemed normal enough, except for his eyes. Those eyes... they unnerved him for some reason. Garrett could almost feel his hand going for the sword in his sheath, but quickly halted before drawing the blade out.

"Well thank you... sir. Perhaps we could talk elsewhere soon?"

Garrett was almost finished with his meal.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Lily was just about to comment on Garrett's words when the demon spoke. Her hands grip the table hard, but she doesn't say anything yet, listening instead while trying to recall if she has a suitable spell for the situation. Picking up her fork again, she finally decides to finish eating, since it would seem that Garrett doesn't realize what he's talking to.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Perhaps so!" The man replied with a slight grin, a hint of eagerness behind his voice as he responded to Garrett. He began packing away his things, his own plate already empty, and waited until they had finished before rising from his seat. He set a few coins upon his own table, and then a few upon theirs, paying for their meal for them. "Please, allow me to pay for your meal. There is much I would like to.... Discuss, with you and your two lovely companions here."

Once they had agreed, as the strange man refused to take no for an answer. Only once they had left the Forest Maiden did he offer them his name; "Canderous. And I would like to invite you to my home. I think I have some information there that might be of interest to you, my young friend."