What's new

RPG Patreon Abandoned [Indivi] Monster Girl Attack!

Daemon McRae

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Attack! (English Indie Futanari H-RPG)

Played a bit, got as far as the scene with the mushroom girl. I like it, will keep tabs. The skill cooldown mechanic is nice, makes it easy to work with special abilities without having to overstock on potions.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just my point of view
all the enemies have too much HP.
If you focus your opponents right and heal when possible, you will leave the combat only with some hp hurt and while you run around, it will regen. (you also don't want to one hit everything or without hp loss, and theres comes regen, unless you are about to leave an area, in my view, it is what happening)
the monstergirls do have quite hefty hp but theres not much problems of grinding for levels if you just don't dodge the random enemies. (already mentioned the fact that mushroom girl is min. level 4 or probably 5 to beat her)

The "tutorial" is effectively a scripted fight which defeats the entire gameplay design. (Are we seriously going to be spamming "slash-heal-attack/cooldown-repeat" the whole game?)
There will be new skills, for now you just use what you have and even then you may screw on cooldowns

Dev note: Game doesn't run if the computer has no speakers. I disabled the audio on my computer and the program refused to run. When I enable the audio the program ran just fine.
This bug is inherent to the game platform and i didn't seen any other rpg maker game get around it

Last edited:

sigmazx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

any way i can donate to you directly via paypal?

OP
Indivi

Indivi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Not a bad start for an indie project, but all the enemies have too much HP.

The "tutorial" is effectively a scripted fight which defeats the entire gameplay design. (Are we seriously going to be spamming "slash-heal-attack/cooldown-repeat" the whole game?)

Everything else, meh. It runs, it has art and the writing has some semblance of personality but its all early in development.

Dev note: Game doesn't run if the computer has no speakers. I disabled the audio on my computer and the program refused to run. When I enable the audio the program ran just fine.
I guess I see what you mean about too much HP. it's something that bugs me a lot too and some RPG's that I play. It's a tough thing to balance, since the idea is for them to be a resource sink, so if they're easy to beat about any penalties, that why even bother including them right?

You'll get more skills as the game progresses which opens things up a little more. But I don't know, if that fight, plus the general art and writing turned you off so badly, it just might not be your kind of game?

I'll take a look at the audio problem, but in the meantime you can just disable sound and music in game through the options menu.

Just wondering, will this game include any kissing or facesitting at all? Those are my two all time favorite fetishes.
Face sitting, is it okay if this is the girl doing it?
Kissing, I guess you mean a scene fully devoted to it? Maybe. I'm not too sure how that will play out, but I will keep it in mind!

Played a bit, got as far as the scene with the mushroom girl. I like it, will keep tabs. The skill cooldown mechanic is nice, makes it easy to work with special abilities without having to overstock on potions.
Thanks for giving it a go!

This bug is inherent to the game platform and i didn't seen any other rpg maker game get around it
Is it? I had no idea. Bodes ill for my idea of fixing it.

any way i can donate to you directly via paypal?
Ah, perhaps. I'm not overtly fond of using paypal for this, but I do have an account. I'll send you a pm.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is it? I had no idea. Bodes ill for my idea of fixing it.
Really, i just disabled my sound device and tried some of the most popular games that use rpg maker engine and seen all of them fail, also this is very specific request and I didn't seen anybody complain about it.

OP
Indivi

Indivi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Really, i just disabled my sound device and tried some of the most popular games that use rpg maker engine and seen all of them fail, also this is very specific request and I didn't seen anybody complain about it.
I suppose that's true. Sorry imercenary, I did do some snooping around about it. It looks like it's something that's coded directly into the engine (meaning all games made with VX Ace require this), which isn't really something I can get at without messing with the program itself, which would be breaking the EULA.

saga55555

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm not much fan of RPG Maker because most of them are the same. I like how you change MP/AP to cooldown. Atleast it's different. I think mc has too weak atk power and leveling up is bit too hard. If I want to lv up fast; I have to rematch with monster girl then go back for restore. And it's make normal enemies useless. Because they give very low exp and no items or money drop.
So I dodge all of them. That's all my comment :)

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I like your style, man...

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Compressed cause quotes.

For Lurker:
If you focus your opponents right and heal when possible, you will leave the combat only with some hp hurt and while you run around, it will regen. (you also don't want to one hit everything or without hp loss, and theres comes regen, unless you are about to leave an area, in my view, it is what happening)
the monstergirls do have quite hefty hp but theres not much problems of grinding for levels if you just don't dodge the random enemies. (already mentioned the fact that mushroom girl is min. level 4 or probably 5 to beat her)
Fair point, but then you're walking into the old skool RPG gameplay trap : "If the player thinks its too hard/not easy enough, just tell them to grind moar."

What level will we have to be to fight the post-Mushroom Girl boss fight? Level 50? After all, we can always tell players to just "grind moar". /sarcasm

There will be new skills, for now you just use what you have and even then you may screw on cooldowns
Perhaps, but unless/until the game gives us some more (curve)balls, its hard to mess up a juggling act with just two balls.

Ok.

For WeirdTea:
I guess I see what you mean about too much HP. it's something that bugs me a lot too and some RPG's that I play. It's a tough thing to balance, since the idea is for them to be a resource sink, so if they're easy to beat about any penalties, that why even bother including them right?
Depends on what game design/philosophy you're going for I guess? Its still early in development and I haven't exactly read your design doc so I don't want too judgmental.

You'll get more skills as the game progresses which opens things up a little more. But I don't know, if that fight, plus the general art and writing turned you off so badly, it just might not be your kind of game?
The general art and writing doesn't turn me off, I just know that art and writing tends to change a LOT over the course of development so I largely ignored them.

I'll take a look at the audio problem, but in the meantime you can just disable sound and music in game through the options menu.
Just wasn't sure if it was RPG Maker or something else.

Mkmd13

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yes, a monster girl doing the facesitting is what I mean and kissing, just like a general attack by one of the monster girls or if you want, a hentai scene with it.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I've played a bit more now, so I have a general idea of it by now I think.

The combat I feel isn't bad, but probably the first "proper" fight might seem to give people the wrong impression. The random mobs don't really take too much thinking/planning to beat, but the monster girls are much more... strategic about it, as they're basically boss fights. It isn't bad though, and it's very interesting to make it so you have to actually find out the "hidden trigger" for the H-scene - so you have to work for your defeat rape even. Kinda odd, but kinda interesting too.

For the content in the game so far, it kinda makes sense as all the monster girls seem to know Celta, but I feel the idea might feel flimsy when she runs into monster girls that are hostile, or at least, not friends.

I can agree that Celta's level ups seem a bit weak though, seeming to only gain a point or two in attack. But understandably, balancing the RPG part of this is pretty tough...

I'm usually not a fan of futa with balls, but given Celta is originally a man rather then a woman who gained a penis, I'm willing to let it slide since it kinda makes sense this way.

Writing wise, I'd say it's pretty good. The characters all have their own charm and personality, which is nice. Although I have to wonder why Celta chooses to live out in the middle of nowhere, near an abandoned forest, that's teeming with monsters...

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

imercenary
Fair point, but then you're walking into the old skool RPG gameplay trap : "If the player thinks its too hard/not easy enough, just tell them to grind moar."

What level will we have to be to fight the post-Mushroom Girl boss fight? Level 50? After all, we can always tell players to just "grind moar". /sarcasm
Basically what happening here is that you want to do a boss rush, ignoring all the "minions", and the game allows that, fine dodge all random encounters but don't be mad if you cant beat something. I found that right now it just about right, just don't dodge the randoms. I get your point.

Perhaps, but unless/until the game gives us some more (curve)balls, its hard to mess up a juggling act with just two balls.
Fine.

And in real life is so easy and because of that most of our sports supports only one ball /sarcasm

OP
Indivi

Indivi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

New version up!
Download Link v0.12:

Nothing particularly exciting. Lowered enemy HP and wait time, and raised how much exp they give out.

More importantly, re-drew Erika (slime girl)'s cg so that it's not (as) weird now. God that was bugging me for the longest time.

That'll probably be it until the next big content update, barring something crashing and burning.

Also, for my Patreon, I feel like I'm pushing it too hard, so I think I'll put it aside for now, and just focus on getting this made.

Also, I finished the cowgirl line-art:

Compressed cause quotes.
For WeirdTea:
Depends on what game design/philosophy you're going for I guess? Its still early in development and I haven't exactly read your design doc so I don't want too judgmental.

The general art and writing doesn't turn me off, I just know that art and writing tends to change a LOT over the course of development so I largely ignored them.

Just wasn't sure if it was RPG Maker or something else.
Ah, okay. Well, maybe it'll become more fun later on, but I can't promise anything.

Yes, a monster girl doing the facesitting is what I mean and kissing, just like a general attack by one of the monster girls or if you want, a hentai scene with it.
Oh okay, that's easy. I can do that.

I've played a bit more now, so I have a general idea of it by now I think.

The combat I feel isn't bad, but probably the first "proper" fight might seem to give people the wrong impression. The random mobs don't really take too much thinking/planning to beat, but the monster girls are much more... strategic about it, as they're basically boss fights. It isn't bad though, and it's very interesting to make it so you have to actually find out the "hidden trigger" for the H-scene - so you have to work for your defeat rape even. Kinda odd, but kinda interesting too.

For the content in the game so far, it kinda makes sense as all the monster girls seem to know Celta, but I feel the idea might feel flimsy when she runs into monster girls that are hostile, or at least, not friends.

I can agree that Celta's level ups seem a bit weak though, seeming to only gain a point or two in attack. But understandably, balancing the RPG part of this is pretty tough...

I'm usually not a fan of futa with balls, but given Celta is originally a man rather then a woman who gained a penis, I'm willing to let it slide since it kinda makes sense this way.

Writing wise, I'd say it's pretty good. The characters all have their own charm and personality, which is nice. Although I have to wonder why Celta chooses to live out in the middle of nowhere, near an abandoned forest, that's teeming with monsters...

Thanks for trying it out! Yeah, once Celta leaves the forest, there'll be a lot less familiar or friendly faces to her. Don't worry, I have a plan for that.

For the most part, I'm trying not to put too much emphasis on leveling. Rather, I'm hoping that having the right skills will compensate so that people don't have to grind as much. We'll see how it goes.

It's actually interesting that you mention the balls thing. Most futa drawers do tend to forgo the balls for some reason, and I've always wondered why. I guess it makes sense if you think about it just as an enlarged clit (if the futa's originally a woman, like you say.) But then, where do the cumshots come from?

As for living in the middle of nowhere, yeah there's definitely a reason for that that'll be revealed.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

It's actually interesting that you mention the balls thing. Most futa drawers do tend to forgo the balls for some reason, and I've always wondered why. I guess it makes sense if you think about it just as an enlarged clit (if the futa's originally a woman, like you say.) But then, where do the cumshots come from?
Magic, clearly. It's always the default go-to! (I guess at least the time I really used it was a MGQ-esque setting, so it's just the mana or whatever but yeaah...)

I'll be looking forward to seeing how this game will shape up though! Will have to see how that "$1,000,000" tier goes ;P

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Lurker:
Basically what happening here is that you want to do a boss rush, ignoring all the "minions", and the game allows that, fine dodge all random encounters but don't be mad if you cant beat something. I found that right now it just about right, just don't dodge the randoms. I get your point.
Not my point. My point was that the scaling currently doesn't feel "right". No one goes into a (non-MMO)RPG and expects to be told "you need to grind for a couple hours between each boss even if they're just 4 screens away from each other".

Thats just a blatant attempt by the developer to inflate the gametime/"difficulty". If people grind in RPGs they either skipped a LOT of exp or they want to feel like an absolute badass and stomp the bosses (which doesn't happen here due to the small stats gains)

Fine.

And in real life is so easy and because of that most of our sports supports only one ball /sarcasm
The fact that you're deflecting the issue implies you have nothing else to input.

WeirdTea:
Ah, okay. Well, maybe it'll become more fun later on, but I can't promise anything.
Thats fine, things change in development.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

imercenary
"you need to grind for a couple hours between each boss even if they're just 4 screens away from each other".
You don't need to grind considering you don't skip stuff like random encounters while you walk around, i don't want to make an analogy with other "noticeable" RPG maker games but, or you ether have mostly lineal story with no dodge-able enemies (or if you can dodge, you will just making your life harder(MGQ)) or you have free roaming ala MGQ paradox and have to "grind" by your words to progress. (is 200% more grind-ly that this one)
(thats how i see what you are saying "might as well just defeat 1-2 random enemies before the bosses because they inflate game time" (I don't feel this game have any extensive grinding because i only defeated 3-4 random encounters more, to level up and only because i dodged them in the first place (I say my limit that describe grind is higher)))
Fine, you are right and I drop the issue, I don't have anything else to say.
Will see how the game progress.

OP
Indivi

Indivi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Attack! (English Indie H-RPG)

So somewhat major news.

I'm getting the feeling that I might have a HORRIBLE misunderstanding of what people look for in futas, and that this might actually be working against me here. So I'm going to just make Celta male from the get go and try to follow more closely in MGQ's footsteps.

Sorry to anyone hoping for a futa protag! (Then again, like I said, I might've completely missed what people are looking for in a futa protag.)

Also gonna try and focus the kinks a bit more so that it'll be easier to know what to expect from h-scenes (and also makes things a lot more manageable for me.)

So basically, I went back and redid all the cg, cutscenes, and what not to reflect a fully male Celta. Please lemme know if there's anything I missed!

(I also fixed some bugs and implemented a much better screen re-size system, so now you can resize the screen to different resolutions)

Here's a new download for v0.13:

Derpatron

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Damn loss of futa protag is dissapointing :(

>.> maybe add an early event or option for it (though it'd probably be more work since you'd have to do two sets of H scenes). Anyhoo, still looking foward to the game based on what you have so far.

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

all though you changed it I'll answer this question
A. The testicles are internal.
B. not really semen just a semen like substance
C. whatever reason people cant really disprove magic/nanobots/cosmic anomaly/et cetera et cetera

oh just wondering did he actually have a pussy hidden behind his balls (if yes he did count as a futa if not he was just a shemale)

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry to anyone hoping for a futa protag! (Then again, like I said, I might've completely missed what people are looking for in a futa protag.)

I like this better. I like futa, but i hate transgender shit.