What's new

Indie H-Game Ideas (get feedback from your peers!)

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Indie H-Game Ideas (get feedback from your peers!)

Interesting, I guess it just doesn't look right to me then because I am the one making them and at no point before putting the gif into game maker does that borderline appear.

Good to know that it does not look wrong within the context of the starmap background. It seems that irrelevant of size or color, that borderline appears.
It looks wrong because it's so regular. If you look at the image Dycraxis posted or some of the images from the Cassini probe of the far side of Saturn, on a real planet, the light from a star will be brighter on one side than the other. Also it needs to look more diffuse. The only reason we see the "halo" is because the atmosphere is bending the light around, so it looks fuzzier than the one pixel border your image shows.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Interesting, I guess it just doesn't look right to me then because I am the one making them and at no point before putting the gif into game maker does that borderline appear.

Good to know that it does not look wrong within the context of the starmap background. It seems that irrelevant of size or color, that borderline appears.
isn't there sort of the same thing on your ship there too...it looks less subtle but i think i see it... vvhen i vvas playing vvith an engine the other day something similar happened. don't really knovv vvhat caused it but my sprites got vvhite outline for some reason

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

It looks wrong because it's so regular. If you look at the image Dycraxis posted or some of the images from the Cassini probe of the far side of Saturn, on a real planet, the light from a star will be brighter on one side than the other. Also it needs to look more diffuse. The only reason we see the "halo" is because the atmosphere is bending the light around, so it looks fuzzier than the one pixel border your image shows.
Well, regular or not, it is not supposed to be there in the first place. If I could figure out what caused it, I would be able to at least darken it out so that it did look more natural within the scene.

That being said, does anyone happen to know enough about this that could be able to explain why the planet has this thing on it when I import it into game maker but never beforehand? Also, how do I modify it or even better rid myself of it entirely?

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That looks like PNG alpha being handled incorrectly, either by the generator or RPGmaker.

If you want an excuse to leave it in, look up "airglow".

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Ok, thanks for letting me know what the "issue" was that was causing this. Now I can play around with it a little and see if I can get a better effect from it.