What's new

In today's news...

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

Martyrdom is generally akin to terrorism in this day and age
Only if the terrorists don't win. If they do and western society collapses, they're brave and noble heroes who gave their lives to bring about the destruction of a corrupt and evil people.

History's a funny thing like that.

Lurker
Reputation score

So the moral of this story... Don't eat a poppy seed bagel after giving birth? Or are CPS a bunch of douchebags?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Both?

Either way, anything connected to government is just STUPID STUPID STUPID

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Hey guys, remember Vanilla Ice? Well .

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Oh joy. Another reality tv-show? I'm just dying from excitement.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Vanilla Ice? Never heard of him, though it sounds like a name a wannabe wigga rapper would use.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I now have Ice Ice Baby stuck in my goddamn head. You bastard.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Vanilla Ice? Never heard of him, though it sounds like a name a wannabe wigga rapper would use.
...What? Even I have heard of her. She was pretty big pop-star during 90s or something like that(I don't think I've ever heard any of her music).

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Ha, after watching 5 seconds of the video on that website I was proven right.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Vanilla Ice was Huuuuuge in the 90s. Dunno why he's all of a sudden trying to make a comeback xD

And yes, I have Ice Ice Baby stuck in my head.

As well as the from the second Ninja Turtles movie. <3

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vanilla Ice was Huuuuuge in the 90s. Dunno why he's all of a sudden trying to make a comeback xD
He's not the only one. Chris De Burgh, Joe Cocker, Kim Wilde, OMD, Ace of Base, Alphaville and probably a bunch of others have come out with new albums recently.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

To be fair, Rob Van Winkle (aka vanilla ice) had a nice part of Bloodhound Gangs cd, as well as a funny part in that movie "The New Guy" starring me (aka DJ Qualls)

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Well, I don't know if I can top my Vanilla Ice find, .
*NSFW CONTENT*

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I don't know if I can top my Vanilla Ice find, .
*NSFW CONTENT*
And on that day, the japanese population growth dropped another percent.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

And in today's news...

The Douchebag forum is apparently leaking, as a douchebag proceeded to post outside of its confines.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

He is the very model of a modern Major-DOUCHEBAG!

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So, the arguments on that aforementioned California law to prohibit the sale of violent video games to minors started a couple days ago. You can read the transcript if you scroll down. Judging by the transcript of the oral arguments so far, it's looking like the law is going to be ruled unconstitutional. Also, holy fuck these lawyers are bad at presenting a convincing case. Not just the one representing California, but the game industry lawyer too.

Anyways, choice quotes:
JUSTICE GINSBURG: Is there -- you've been asked questions about the vagueness of this and the problem for the seller to know what's good and what's bad. California -- does California have any kind of an advisory opinion, an office that will view these videos and say, yes, this belongs in this, what did you call it, deviant violence, and this one is just violent but not deviant? Is there -- is there any kind of opinion that the -- that the seller can get to know which games can be sold to minors and which ones can't?

MR. MORAZZINI: Not that I'm aware of, Justice Ginsburg.

JUSTICE SCALIA: You should consider creating such a one. You might call it the California office of censorship. It would judge each of these videos one by one. That would be nice.
JUSTICE SCALIA: What about excessive glorification of drinking, movies that have too much drinking? Does it have an effect on minors? I suppose so.

I -- I am not just concerned with the vagueness. I am concerned with the vagueness, but I am concerned with the First Amendment, which says Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech. And it was always understood that the freedom of speech did not include obscenity. It has never been understood that the freedom of speech did not include portrayals of violence.

You are asking us to create a -- a whole new prohibition which the American people never -- never ratified when they ratified the First Amendment. They knew they were -- you know, obscenity was -- was bad, but -- what's next after violence? Drinking? Smoking? Movies that show smoking can't be shown to children? Does -- will that affect them? Of course, I suppose it will.
Judging by the transcript, it's looking like a 5-4 decision with Ginsburg, Sotomayor, Kennedy, Kagan, and Scalia voting to overturn the law.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I liked this quote from Justice Sotomayor:
"One of the studies, the Anderson study, says that the effect of violence is the same for a Bugs Bunny episode as it is for a violent video. So can the legislature now, because it has that study, say we can outlaw Bugs Bunny?"