What's new

In today's news...

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: In today's news...

France is getting real sick of this stuff around now, it seems

(Related news: Grenades thrown at Mosque courtyard. No injuries. Appears to be in retaliation)
It's 2015 and we have internet and all, but we still can't seem to solve racism. *sigh*

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It's 2015 and we have internet and all, but we still can't seem to solve racism. *sigh*
Racism? I don't think race can be said to have anything to do with the attacks on either side. The motivations are related to religion, not race.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Definitely not racism

It's mostly people murdering over religion, and then other people who are angry and upset over that being done striking back.

Other factors include, among other things, that the policies done in Europe that even made this possible have always been opposed but this opposition has been ignored for so long that they are at some places beginning to take action on their own. Large groups of people are feeling attacked after the idiots shot up the cartoonists, and it's hard to blame them for such feelings, as it is indeed an attack on freedom of speech and freedom of religion. What they can be blamed for is their actions which won't really help the situation at all

Nobody wanted mass immigration. Only politicians supported it. Those same politicians are ignoring all the negative effects of their policies so that they do not need to take off their rose-tinted glasses

Anyone who considers a drawing or words they disagree with to be a valid reason to take another's life has no place in civilized society

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

This is a white dude with a beard

No he's not amish, he's a muslim.
He's also a terrorist.

Islam is not a race, its a religion - an ideology. Anyone can choose to be a muslim - providing they're willing to give up bacon and meat slaughtered in a humane way.

Its also a choice for these dumb ignorant fucks to go to these mosques and be radicalised by fundamentalist preachers into flying planes into buildings or stabbing cartoonists in the streets or shooting up their offices and committing mass murder because some infidel kafir dared draw cartoons about a child raping, mass murdering, bandit king.

The backlash isn't 'racist' (which by the way is a bullshit Trotskyite term), its against an ideology - sure the backlash might've been directed at people/places that weren't directly involved but it wasn't directed at people because they were brown - otherwise sikh/hindu temples would've been bombed too.

Racism/xenophobia/bigotry/etc are going to exist for as long as people are different to one another in a such a way that another finds them to be abhorant, being in the magical enlightened era of internet were bullshit travels at the speed of light is not going to change that.
The only thing that will get rid of those is a mass extermination of people that are different to you.

You're probably now disgusted at me and wish people like me didn't exist, which proves my point exactly.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

the parts of Islam that make it brilliant also make it terrible, for instance there are two sections which can be used to allow the religion to evolve and prosper. the two sections- and i'm paraphrasing- stat that all the people in the religion must stand together, and that what is written later supersedes that which was written earlier. this can allow the entire religion to join together, cast away hatred and ignorance, and quickly revolutionize itself for the betterment of the human race. and therein lies the problem.

problem is that were dealing with humans, which are also responsible for the Inquisition, Third Reich, African slavery, and Crusades. maybe not the same humans, but still shockingly similar to the ones reading this message. my only issue with them is not that they believe in something that i disagree with, or that they choose to act on their beliefs. my issue with the religion is that they instead choose to, and often succeed in, attacking anything that does not fit their beliefs. due to the previously mentioned brilliance in the religion this causes a great problem.

at any point a neighbor can become an enemy, and if they don't they themselves become a target. at any point someone you trust will immediately turn on what they adamantly believed a day earlier due, and if they didn't always think this way they would be ostracized. on top of that many people seem to think that they are above defending themselves. and i don't blame them. i don't like to think of myself as vulnerable or exposed, and fortunately i'm often not, but the people were talking about are.

both Islam and non Islamist people in Europe don't want an open conflict. unfortunately we as humans cant seem to get along. this isn't uncommon, humans are terrible to each other. but id like to keep in mind that the idea of widespread equality being something you are born with is relatively new to humans, and is something Islam- a word that literally means slave to god- is not used to and greatly opposed to.

tldr: humans are just being humans, and refusing to adapt to things both strange and new, people like you and me are dying, and there is no good answer.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Christopher Poole, the administrator of 4chan we all know as moot is retiring from his role as admin after more than 11 years.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

moot said:
easily one of the greatest communities to ever grace the Web
I'm sorry, what? Excuse me while I go contact NASA, and tell them to start looking for my sides, seeing as they've entered orbit. *dies laughing*

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I would hope they improve the place then. Mootykins kinda messed up when censorship started happening and it made a lot of people lose faith in the place

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

From Zimbabwe, Africa:
"We hate food, farmers must leave or else!"

Retards being retards, I don't like to say it, but at this point it's time to just stop food aid. They're clearly not interested in eating.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

One of the comments. >_>

Dennis Geingob - January 22, 2015 at 11:26

I am not starving my family benefited from the policy.you are ignorant and it's shocking.Most Zimbos don't depend on farming anywer they just go in the shop and buy stuff
Oh dear.

Reactions: XSI

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

At this point it's not even really worth trying to argue about this stuff, there won't be a response anyway. But since apparently it's important enough to warrant a negrep, maybe I'll see if I can find some more gamergate news
Here we go, some news on the stuff

Anti-GG is still showing that they're idiots who want to ban people for disagreeing with them, by trying to ban Adam Baldwin from some convention for supporting Gamergate

The organisation behind the convention or whatever has said 'then put in a petition to see if you want them banned or not'

There is the petition that wants him to stay. It has about 1000 more people signing than the one asking them to ban him for disagreeing with them.

---

Somewhat old stuff on how this social justice crap is litterally fucking up the world and universities

Not neccesarily gamergate related, but mostly related to how retarded the modern ideology kids are being taught is

--

And the anti-gamergate wikipedia brigade that was editing the gamergate page and all these 'feminist icon' pages to make it seem like they were saints fighting the evil oppressors? They got themselves wrecked by Wikipedia. They're now no longer allowed to ever touch the Gamergate page anymore as they were just writing in propaganda on how it's all just anti-women stuff instead of the push for integrity the movement actually is.
Along with this, they may no longer touch any pages related to “gender or sexuality, broadly construed”

In other words, they got wrecked because they're just bullshitting their way into propagandising things.

---

ABC, some Australian news thing, running a smear campaign. When called out on this, they start banning commenters and deleting.
The video of their smear story, with massive dislikes of course

Among other, unmentioned things going on

Anti-gamergate is currently trying to censor Lets Play videos for being 'a toxic non-inclusive culture'
And ABC has been almost immediately reported to, and begun to get investigated by the Australian version of the FCC. Apparently it was so incredibly biased that the thing was pretty much reported by half of Australia

Last edited:

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Rest in peace.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Another cast member (Ricardo Medina Jr.) of the Power Rangers franchise charged with murder

If you didn't know already, a previous actor (Skylar Deleon) for the Power Rangers murdered a couple over a decade ago and was sentenced to death in 2009.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Why does it seem like this thread is turning into an obituary?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Here's some news that's more important than celebrities dying.

I looked a while, since the original source wasn't one I would fully trust, but basically it seems to be a thing. In essence, you would need to have a religious official sign a marriage license, since state officials would no longer be able to do it. this basically means that if you aren't attending a church regularly enough to know a minister on a first name basis, you probably can't get married. And fuck you if you're not a Christian or a Jew. Especially if you're not straight.

Also fuck, Monty Oum dying sucks

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Stuff about an Oklahoma legislator trying to throw up roadblocks against gay marriage.
“Marriages are not supposed to be a government thing anyway,” is apparently the stance of State Representative Ted Russ. There's a couple of things there that I don't understand. If marriage is a matter of faith and NOT state, then why does marriage affect one's taxes? Taxes should be the same for a single person and a married person, by that same logic.

More importantly, if marriage shouldn't "be a government thing," then shouldn't the government avoid any involvement in divorce? If this bill made straight couples go to a priest or rabbi for a divorce, it would never pass.

That's the problem with these "sanctity of marriage" nuts. They believe that all these religious precepts should apply, as long as the rules don't impact their own lives in a negative way.

Frankly, I find it sickening.

P.S. I know I'm preaching to the choir here (most of this forum's outspoken members are rather liberal, it seems), but I still felt like saying it.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Not *exactly* relevant to the topic, but it's coming pretty close (in light of Hope's comments about government and church butting in on one another.)