What's new

Images of Wonder Truth and Fear...

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Images of Wonder Truth and Fear...

The Oldest Lolcat, from 1905

It's a little comforting, and a little not, to know this wasn't a new phenomenon.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Aww! XD So cute.

And from the way our cats look at us, sort of thing they would say if possible.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sorry child, your parent/guardian may be using you as a bomb.

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

What I don't understand is why those people (the if you touch me i'll have you arrested bro) get airtime. I mean, if I have to strip I'll do it if I don't get blown up in a plane....

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

What I don't understand is why those people (the if you touch me i'll have you arrested bro) get airtime. I mean, if I have to strip I'll do it if I don't get blown up in a plane....
They get air time because <insert deity of worship here> FORBID the news cover more pressing issues, like what's going on in congress/parliament/ w/e.

Also, some people aren't as comfortable with being searched/strip searched as other people are.
The other problem is that there are also people out there who will use their position to simply feel someone up, and claim they did it in the name of national security.

Lurker
Reputation score

There are some people who are willing to go to any lengths to feel safe. There are others who believe this is a violation, and that the constitution guarantees no unreasonable search and seizure.

I will simply choose to not fly for the time being, or if I absolutely need to fly, look into chartering a plane.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I will simply choose to not fly
^this.

I don't mean to get all political, but you don't HAVE to fly if you feel like it's a violation. It a whole lot different if there was a cop at your door searching you each time you left. I guarantee once something happens on a plane that kills people, the same people on TV crying about privacy will be the ones who cry "why didn't we do more to protect the innocent."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I guarantee once something happens on a plane that kills people, the same people on TV crying about privacy will be the ones who cry "why didn't we do more to protect the innocent."
Something has which resulted in this high state of airport security to begin with.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My favorite is the dude who refused to go through a detector, then refused to be searched by a wand, then refused to get patted, and is now suing the airline because they refused his flight

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

My favorite is the dude who refused to go through a detector, then refused to be searched by a wand, then refused to get patted, and is now suing the airline because they refused his flight
I hope that it's thrown out of courts, because if he wins... fuck I'd have lost all hope in the courts.

This also sounds like something from the States, am I wrong?

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

No, sadly you're right.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Is the "if you touch my junk, I'll have you arrested" dude suing the airline? I thought he was just disputing the $10,000 fine.

EDIT: Unless we're talking about different folks, he's not suing anybody. The government is bringing a civil suit against him for $10,000. He's actually cool with the airline as they refunded his ticket and everything. Not to say he isn't a nutter though, because he is.

Last edited:

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I've been reading a weird manga recently. It knows its weird and in between the gratuetous crap its got some gems:

you may have noticed that this manga is about a man who's tentative daughters independantly come back in time to make him marry their mums to make sure they exist.

Last edited:

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And just to sate my own curious nature...

What by chance would this most intriguing Manga be?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Yomeiro Choice

its not actualy that good, but i enjoy how it just doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I kinda got that fro your first post... That you actually had to wade through chapters of.... Meh... To find something even worth posting but now I know what it is and Curiosity Sated...

I dance the manly dance of eternal gratitude..