What's new

If you could redo or add something to the human body...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: If you could redo or add something to the human body...

Except the people who work for gas companies. Still, gas companies should have been screwed by now if we had actually put more effort into electric cars, and the hydrogen run cars (so you could pump sea water or such into the vehicle to make it run).

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd take the ability to blow up at will, so if I ever see anyone, I can hiss before blowing up next to them.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Except the people who work for gas companies. Still, gas companies should have been screwed by now if we had actually put more effort into electric cars, and the hydrogen run cars (so you could pump sea water or such into the vehicle to make it run).
Loong reply:

Sadly, you can't really run anything worthwhile on pure water. What happens in a hydrogen powered car is that hydrogen is combined with oxygen via the use of a catalyst in a fuel-cell, this produces electricity, which in turn runs and electric motor. In essence it's just an electric car with a battery that gets refilled rather than recharged.

The problem with hydrogen powered cars is that it takes a crapton of energy to separate hydrogen from water, giving a realistic input/output ratio for power of less than 40%.

As for electric cars, yes, those have been given way too little focus. One of the reasons for this is in fact the Oil lobby. The Th!nk electrical car costs around 2$ to fully recharge, and the infrastructure for electricity is already in place. Hydrogen on the other hand, is something the general public has little experience with, so the sales of Hydrogen can garner a HUGE profit provided there are not too many competing businesses, which there naturally won't be because of the expensive catalysts and the sheer volume required to do low-cost hydrogen extraction.

As for modifications to the human body, I don't think immortality would be a good idea. The world would be in chaos if no-one died. I'd sure like to be immortal if it was only me, but also to have the ability to die when I wanted.

Oh, and to modify the brain/body interaction in such a way as to grant us more power over ourselves. I'd like to not have to shave every goddamn day, and get a little more tan. Maybe grow some more muscle or burn up a little fat. It's not that I have an intense urge for those things, but freeing up time usually spent exercising would be nice.

E

Exofluke

I would alter my brain so I wouldn't be able to notice retarded threads like this.
Probably the best response you've ever given.