What's new

[How to use] RPGMaker Trans - Tutorial

exanoid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [How to use] RPGMaker Trans - Tutorial

where do i download the patch of a game?

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Getting this error when trying to patch games bigger then 1GB
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\coreprotocol.py", line 290, in update
  File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\gui\guicontroller.py", line 278, in go
  File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 213, in initialiseHeadless
  File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headless.py", line 231, in __initialiseHeadless
  File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\controllers\headlessrbarc.py", line 48, in go
  File "C:\Users\Habisain\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\unpackers\common.py", line 74, in unpackFile
MemoryError
For example i tried to patch ROBFEOY(1.20Gb) and it crashes if i patch Succubus quest(roughly 200mb) it works fine. It worked fine on a Win 7 laptop but crashes on my win 10 PC.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For now, I'd unpack the file with another unpacker program. This kind of error should be fixed with V5, which completely rewrites that part of the program with something more memory efficent.

Also: this is not the place for bugs and support issues. There's a bug tracker, and it even offers to take you directly to the bug tracker when a crash happens.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Habisain, do you have any advice for handling text-wrap? That's a major annoyance for me. My current solution is literally counting the letters it takes to get off-screen and then noting it down for future reference, which is a pain since it varies depending on things like if there's a character portrait and whatnot.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've been falling behind in a lot of things unfortunately. Text wrap is a very tricky feature for RPGMaker > 2k3, because the font or size of text window can be changed, and these things aren't easy to automatically detect. Hence there isn't any plan to handle Text Wrap within RPGMaker Trans.

That being said, my still-not-ready-for-release Robotrans utility already has a facility to highlight any lines which are too long (with the user providing what is too long, assuming a monospace font, and assuming that it knows how to separate out any 'speaker' commands), which is smart enough to parse RPGMaker's codes (although, now that I think about it, this feature *also* needs work because I think it doesn't assign any length to codes which output text... Robotrans is not ready for this precisely due to issues like this one!). So I guess changing it to do line wrap wouldn't be too bad - I may look into this. And as for finding out how many characters per line, most games have the same values (either 45 or 60), so a readme and user intuition could handle that most of the time.

I have managed to fix most of the hard blockers in Robotrans (including a nasty crash on certain inputs), so a release may happen in the near future. Not sure when, but shouldn't be too long I think.

IPetr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Windows XP compatibility of RPG Maker Trans can be restored by replacing msvcrt-ruby210.dll with WinXP-compatible one I attached to this post. Extract the DLL into \pruby\bin replacing the existing one.

The source of that DLL is Ruby 2.1.5p273 built by Puppet extracted from downloads.puppetlabs.com/windows/puppet-agent-1.0.0-x86.msi
Open that MSI with 7-Zip, find and extract the file called fil8FC2281612805BFE36D017D58CDEB80B with 2,41 MB (2 531 328 bytes) file size.
Rename it to msvcrt-ruby210.dll and replace the same DLL shipped with RPG Maker Trans (or your system install of Ruby 2.1.5, if any).

Details on making Ruby 2.1.5-2.1.9 compatible with WinXP again without recompiling the whole thing are in the spoiler below.
RPG Maker Trans users don't really need them as it still ships with Ruby 2.1.5, and the easy solution for that version is above.
All versions of Puppet Agent up to the latest (as of now) 1.8.2 come with WinXP-compatible builds of Ruby, ranging from Ruby 2.1.5p273 in Puppet Agent v1.0.0 to 2.1.9p490 in Agent v1.8.2
A specific XP-compatible build of Ruby v2.1.6-2.1.9 can be extracted from Agent installers available on puppet.com/misc/pe-files/previous-releases
Agents not available there can be found via downloads found on chocolatey.org/packages/puppet-agent
Chocolatey downloads are .nupkg files which are ZIP files, and download links in these archives are stored in chocolateyinstall.ps1 files - open them in Notepad or similar text editor to get direct download links similar to the one given at the top of this post.
Puppet Enterprise 2015.2.3 Agent (puppet-agent-1.2.7-x86.msi containing Ruby 2.1.7p400) is the last one which can be installed on WinXP/2003 normally, although I recommend extracting Agent's MSI installers with Universal Extractor 1.6.1 instead of going through the whole "installation, getting Ruby out and uninstallation" process. Besides, UniExtract on WinXP works with all Agent MSIs (including v1.8.2) whether they can be normally installed on WinXP or not anymore.

This reenables official installations of Ruby 2.1.5-2.1.9 on WinXP, provided that you replace official components with the same versions of components extracted from Puppet builds.
And you can trust Puppet builds, because those guys know what they're doing: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppet_(software)

Attachments

Last edited:

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is there a way to turn off that annoying as fuck box that won't even let me use the program, all because it sees there is a newer version availible, BUT OH LOOK, I CAN'T DOWNLOAD IT BECAUSE OF ERRORS.

Shit is fucking irritating.

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well, this is the closest we have to an RPGMaker Trans "official thread", so...

Anyone able to use the new version at all? It seems to not only crash at the main application, but each individual process also crashes and throws an error message... and that for any game I've tried.

Main Error:
Code:
  File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\errorhook.py", line 51, in wrap
  File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 537, in getPatchData
  File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 504, in __missing__
AssertionError
Process Error:
Code:
---------------------------
cx_Freeze: Python error in main script
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2237, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2226, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1191, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1161, in _load_backward_compatible
  File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2237, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2226, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1191, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1161, in _load_backward_compatible
  File "C:\Python34\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 24, in <module>
  File "rpgmakertrans.py", line 20, in <module>
  File "C:\Python34\lib\multiprocessing\context.py", line 148, in freeze_support
  File "C:\Python34\lib\multiprocessing\spawn.py", line 74, in freeze_support
  File "C:\Python34\lib\multiprocessing\spawn.py", line 106, in spawn_main
  File "C:\Python34\lib\multiprocessing\spawn.py", line 119, in _main
  File "C:\Python34\lib\multiprocessing\process.py", line 273, in _bootstrap
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'flush'

OK   

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks like I managed to upload the wrong build - the one you've got had an indentation error in the code, causing the bug. A fixed build is up now.

Also read my sig: I don't normally look at this thread, so it's lucky it caught my eye. It's really best to report bugs on the bug tracker because it makes loud shouty notifications go off on my phone.

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Looks like I managed to upload the wrong build - the one you've got had an indentation error in the code, causing the bug. A fixed build is up now.

Also read my sig: I don't normally look at this thread, so it's lucky it caught my eye. It's really best to report bugs on the bug tracker because it makes loud shouty notifications go off on my phone.
Well I just thought a broken build wasn't really a "bug" so much as a mistake so I didn't want to annoy you.

Thanks!

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I just thought a broken build wasn't really a "bug" so much as a mistake so I didn't want to annoy you.
When things aren't working, it's always best to complain in ways which are guaranteed to get attention. For example, the bug you reported on the tracker would not have been fixed yet if you'd reported it here. So please use the bug tracker and don't worry about "annoying" me, because me distributing software which doesn't work is more harmful to me in the long run than mere annoyance.

Kuba12144

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Trying to run RPGTrans for the latest version of The Demon's Kingdom. The game is 1.7 the patch is for 1.7. I'm running in admin mode. All folders involved are as close as humanely possible. And I'm still getting this error.

File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\errorhook.py", line 51, in wrap
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 519, in __init__
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 324, in fromString
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 324, in <listcomp>
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 360, in splitLines
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 129, in fromString
Exception: Invalid command > END STRIN

Also RPG Trans sends me to a 404 on linkbucket as well. So if anyone has any advice on what the hell is wrong pls hit me up.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1) Update RPGMaker Trans from the link in my sig. The website URL changed recently (for reasons beyond my control) and Google hasn't yet picked up the new one because people are still linking to the old site. (and incidentally, is the only reason I'm answering a question here for now)
2) Search your patch for the corrupt command - there's a line in there that says "> END STRIN" when it should say "> END STRING"

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Trying to run RPGTrans for the latest version of The Demon's Kingdom. The game is 1.7 the patch is for 1.7. I'm running in admin mode. All folders involved are as close as humanely possible. And I'm still getting this error.

File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 519, in __init__
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 324, in fromString
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 324, in <listcomp>
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 360, in splitLines
File "C:\Users\Aleph Fell\Desktop\rpgmakertrans\librpgmakertrans\workers\translator\translator3.py", line 129, in fromString
Exception: Invalid command > END STRIN

Also RPG Trans sends me to a 404 on linkbucket as well. So if anyone has any advice on what the hell is wrong pls hit me up.
I will update the translation, but may I suggest in future if you have an issue like this for a translation you post it in the thread for the translation. I only noticed this by chance

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The fact that it demands that you update it (even when unnecessary) is annoying, but usually not really a problem.

The actual layout of the UI itself is kind of troublesome though. It's taller than my screen, and it can't be resized.
I've selected the game exe and the translation file, but the "start" button isn't visible. I assume it's at the bottom, the section that's cut-off from my screen.

I'm prevented from using this program because I literally can't reach the buttons.

It's the strangest issue I've ever had with a piece of software, I admit.

easily solved by just moving the start button further up the page, allowing resizing or just compressing things down a little.

scallywag13

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The actual layout of the UI itself is kind of troublesome though. It's taller than my screen, and it can't be resized.
I've selected the game exe and the translation file, but the "start" button isn't visible. I assume it's at the bottom, the section that's cut-off from my screen.
now... that's a strange issue, with a fancy windows border the program takes less than 600pixels from the top to reach the "start" button. So either your screen resolution is set wrong or you're using a really old monitor

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

now... that's a strange issue, with a fancy windows border the program takes less than 600pixels from the top to reach the "start" button. So either your screen resolution is set wrong or you're using a really old monitor
Or a high DPI setting for instance. I have a smaller monitor at 960ox tall, but I use a higher DPI setting and the window takes about 75% of the available height of the screen, excluding the task bar