What's new

Hounds Of The Blade (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Rahl

Reputation score
Re: Hounds Of The Blade

hello i'm new here and i've already a problem...

i can't download the game from the site. the download starts but stopps ever
ytime btween 10-20%.

so it would be nice if someone can upload it on mediafire or something like that

thanks for everyone who could do this :D

Sasha

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure the developer doesn't want that done, or else it would be.

KD360

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hello i'm new here and i've already a problem...

i can't download the game from the site. the download starts but stopps ever
ytime btween 10-20%.

so it would be nice if someone can upload it on mediafire or something like that

thanks for everyone who could do this :D
The creator does not want us to redistribute the game, thus posting mirros here would not be a smart idea.
However i can give a mirror through pm ^^ Which i will take down after a few days. Just don't redistribute the link/game on any other site for the public, as this goes against the creators will.

Just give me some time to upload it.

Trigon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It looks like this game was updated today. Now there's a pretty nice Game Over scene if you are defeated and give up during the stage.

If you defeat all the enemies you're still stuck with an empty stage, though. (You can go back to the title screen from the menu, however.)

OP
Deviancy

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The game continues to show a lot of promise, and if he gets a few levels done I think Hounds will easily outshine games within the same genre. He tends to use better looking sprites, better animations, and the end game scenes are even partially interactive.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is the download password for Axfc still "Inui" I've tried it loads of times and it isn't working? I'm probably missing something obvious.

Edit: Yes I was, google made a herp derp of the formatting and buggered up where the password was, for anyone in the same position the password is "blade" with out the quotes

Edit2: Holy shit!!!! that ending is amazing!! interactive and animated! I can't WAIT to see what he comes up with nest, though I CAN see it increasing the dev time

Last edited:

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To be honest I think the guy is one of those people who find joy in creating what they like. So maybe the dev time will increase but I don't think he will quit that easily.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

To be honest I think the guy is one of those people who find joy in creating what they like. So maybe the dev time will increase but I don't think he will quit that easily.
This is gonna come across as me being a smart ass, and I dont mean it like that, but 3 abandoned projects say otherwise. Though that being said, he HAS learned from every other one, you can see that even in the demo that he has here, so that's a good thing

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

3? Don't you mean 2? Beside as much as I understand those where only study projects.

OP
Deviancy

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The first project was just nothing more than him testing the waters, while the second was when he started showing he could really make something cool. And although I liked where Nanocrisis was going, so far I prefer that he dropped Nano to start work on Hounds. The sprites are better looking, and I prefer the character quite a bit. I can't tell what kind of dialogue the game has since its in japanese, but hopefully when more of the game is done someone will do an english translation.

6Negima9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How does one "give up" during the stage? I only see an endless rape loop.

mrxthemusic3

Homer
Reputation score

*steps forward from the darkness*
When your hp reaches 0,you press "q" then select yes.
*disappears into the darkness*

lolcats

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I tried pressing every key on the keyboard during the rape scenes after 0HP, after the rape scenes, and before them, nothing happens, can't seem to end it. Am I missing something?

I got the updated version, too.

Pressing Q just puts you in a pause menu with only two options, to turn the radar on or off: also unless I go into the config myself, I can't seem to access the status menu, literally pressed every key on the keyboard.

Last edited:

Trigon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

^ It sounds like you either have the old version, or maybe your data got corrupted somehow. I'd try redownloading the game if my suggestions below don't work.

1) Make sure you have current version. the folder name is Hounds_of_the_Blade20111225

2) To give up, you must be at 0 hp. On your status window, it should say "Serious Injury" (or "Rape", if you're currently getting raped). You can't do anything except maybe crawl around.

3) Once at 0 hp, press whatever button you have set for "Pause". It should ask "Do you give it up?" Select Yes to get Game Over scene.

4) On you Status menu, or from the Title screen, go to Config and select "Key Config" to set up your buttons. That way you know exactly what to press. That should allow you to access the status menu too. (It's a little hard to tell because it just lists the keyboard keys as numbers, but remember what key you selected.)

5) Note: If you have a gamepad, it will automatically default to that as your controller. On the Config menu, switch the Controller option from Auto or Joypad to Keyboard if you want to control the game using your keyboard. (Personally, I prefer a gamepad. The "Key Config" advice above applies for a gamepad, too).

In none of this works, I don't know what the problem is.

lolcats

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

^ It sounds like you either have the old version, or maybe your data got corrupted somehow. I'd try redownloading the game if my suggestions below don't work.

1) Make sure you have current version. the folder name is Hounds_of_the_Blade20111225

2) To give up, you must be at 0 hp. On your status window, it should say "Serious Injury" (or "Rape", if you're currently getting raped). You can't do anything except maybe crawl around.

3) Once at 0 hp, press whatever button you have set for "Pause". It should ask "Do you give it up?" Select Yes to get Game Over scene.

4) On you Status menu, or from the Title screen, go to Config and select "Key Config" to set up your buttons. That way you know exactly what to press. That should allow you to access the status menu too. (It's a little hard to tell because it just lists the keyboard keys as numbers, but remember what key you selected.)

5) Note: If you have a gamepad, it will automatically default to that as your controller. On the Config menu, switch the Controller option from Auto or Joypad to Keyboard if you want to control the game using your keyboard. (Personally, I prefer a gamepad. The "Key Config" advice above applies for a gamepad, too).

In none of this works, I don't know what the problem is.
The newest version is "25", not "26"? 0_o that doesn't make much sense, the version I have is "26"

Trigon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The old version was 20111126.(It was updated on 11/26/2011) The new one is 20111225. It was updated yesterday(12/25/2011).

There was no update today.

lolcats

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The old version was 20111126.(It was updated on 11/26/2011) The new one is 20111225. It was updated yesterday(12/25/2011).

There was no update today.
Ahhhh, alright that was my mistake then.

irokez

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Whoa! The game evolved much since I last checked. Graphics are really cool. Lol'd at the ending when Aya sees all those goblins and makes an IMPOSSIBURU-face.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

That silver haired girl looks kind freaky though. I wonder if she's meant to be some sort of cyborg.

Status
Not open for further replies.