What's new

Hive Number One

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Hive Number One

Siphon nods to Zero, having noticed as well, but says nothing yet. He quickly moves over to the indicated cell, and after a few moments, it too opens easily. "Cell open. Rise and shine Miss, time to kick some bot butt."

He fails to suppress a slight chuckle at the end of the sentence, then shakes his head as he steps away from the control panel.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

The stretching person left his cell, yawning. "Damn... Well, I guess I owe you one, so I'll tell you. My name's Cross Grave, though I prefer to be called Grave." The man put emphasis on the word "prefer". Combined with his tone of voice, it would turn the message in the brain of people listening to Grave into something like "call me Grave and I might not punch your guts out". The man shrugged. "As for my combat capabilities, I can handle most of the things I encounter. I tend to get a little bit too... Zealous from time to time. I need a nap afterwards, and I bet that's the reason why I'm here." Grave scratched his head.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

The woman on the floor snaps awake, looking at her surroundings with alarm, though she calms when she doesn't see any apparent enemies. She quickly jumps to her feet and turns to face Siphon. "Hey, uh, thanks, where are we?"

She appears to be human, but with very pale skin, a gaunt but athletic look to her, and she is nearly seven feet tall. She wears a skintight black leather outfit, and you don't see any weapons on her, but she moves like she knows how to handle herself in a fight.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I will keep that in mind Grave."

He turns to the young woman and replies, "your in the middle of an ad-bot hive facility. We're here to send it back to whatever hell it came from, preferably with explosives but I'll take whatever I can get for it."

Again to note, his voice was inhuman sounding, and the strange markings on his face didn't really help that image one bit.

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

"And someone found a panel for me, lovely! Sure it's for the cell, but it should work...." Tsuki started poking around on the computer for the cell doors, seeing what she can do with it. She also gives a distracted wave to the new people that joined the party.

((lol, totally BSing this post....))

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave sighed. "Well, that sounds like a good plan. Or rather it would sound like a good plan if you added something about getting out of here in one piece." Grave unsheathed his katana and made a few experimental slashes. "I wouldn't mind some action, though. I'm feeling quite stiff."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's what detonators are for," Copper replies with a wink, eyeing the newcomers and absently sucking on a fang. "You guys go on ahead. Tsuki and I will get to work here. If anything goes south, just give the signal." At Zero's comment, she cants her head a little. "That's Bartnum for you. He pops in and out when you least expect him. He's probably found something interesting outside to make go boom." She grins.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Siphon spots another console off in the near distance and frowns slightly. "I wonder if that is an access nodule? Watch for any security, I'm going to check that panel over there and see if I can coax anything out of their data systems."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Right, sounds like some payback is in order then." Shrike then closes her eyes and appears to focus for a moment, and a blue shimmering blade appears in her right hand stretching almost four feet off each side. Her face scrunches up, almost as she's in pain, and the blade flickers and dies. You hear her sigh, and she tries again, this time the blade only appears on one side of her hand, stretching out about as far as before, but very thin. It stays solid, and she opens her eyes again. "Alright, where are they?"

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Burrito simply sighs and sweeps the room, making sure nothing else was going to surprise him "Siphon. I've got a bad feeling. I think I'll stay here and guard Tsuki while she hacks. Just in case." he says, his eyes darting back and forth across the room "Siphon, I'm putting you in charge of the bomb squad. Find that central script core, and blow it up. If you have the time, then try and see if you can find the weakness for these blasted hives." he says, moving over and crouching next to Tsuki "You try and gather some intel as well."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'd say C-4 is a weakness for pretty much damn near everything," she grins, cocking her head a little at Burrito's change in plans. "Have it your way, boss. I'll stick with the boys then. You two just be safe in the meantime."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

"Right right..." Tsuki said, clearly distracted by trying to get access deeper into the hive's mind (lol) through the terminal not really meant for it. At least she liked the challenge.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave grinned. "So, did I just get promoted to a demo expert?" His tone of voice was very sarcastic. "Anyway, it seems that you won't mind if I tag along. I owe you, and I intend to repay the favor." Grave sheathed his katana and prepared to move out.

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Can't let it all be a nice walk in the park here.))

Siphon headed around a corner to access that panel he had pointed out a few moments ago, and after a moment, there were several brief sounds that sounded a lot like a scuffle and something, or someone losing. There was a wet crackling noise, as if something was being sucked up by something, and then the withered husk of one of the bots exploded around the corner, lifeless and in two pieces. After another minute, Siphon came back around the corner, part of the bots chest still in his hand, and he tossed it to the ground, a strange grin on his face as he said, "he trespassed on my new feeding ground. Anyway, Tsuki that terminal in there I think is better protected from being seen and has more access to it. Central core script is six levels DOWN, which means this thin extends a lot further than we previously thought it did."

One might wonder what he meant by 'feeding' ground, although most of the core group probably knew already having seen what he was capable of.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave nodded. "So, we'll have to go down... I'd like to ask a question. Are we supposed to stay quiet, or may we simply blast our way through?" He looked at the bot part. "For some reason, I think that you're better at doing your job the hard way."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

"Right... this thing isn't working too well," Tsuki said, kicking the terminal she was at. "...Ow." She bounced around for a moment, holding her foot. Once the pain died down, she headed over to the other terminal, sighing as she started over. "Here we go again. You guys be careful now."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Shrike tilts her head at Siphon's comment, but decides not to ask about it, figuring she'd get the answer sooner or leter just by sticking around. She takes a moment to walk ovwer to the corpse of the adbot and test her blade on it. She finds she can puch through the main armour, but decides it takes too much effort to be done quickly, so she tries the lighter armour near the joints, which her shimmering blade cuts through with ease. Satisfied, she turns to the others just as Tsuki makes her comment. "Alright then, time's a wasting, we've drawn too much attention to this position already."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Agreed. Let us make our way then down these six levels and find this central core. I have a feeling we'll want to take what we can from it and then smash it to tiny pieces."

He catches Shrike's look and decides to save her the trouble. "I feed off their electrical energy. Actually any electrical energy for that matter, though I haven't tried human energy. Have no desire to. Anyways, off we go!"

He starts heading down an access way that opens for him, shaking his head and muttering something about the hive seeming to like him.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hey, you leave the human energy for me, buster," Copper states, grinning as she elbows Siphon lightly in the arm. Satisfied that their leader would be watching over Tsuki, she didn't feel bad about following the rest of the group further in and further down. "Nice cut, by the way," she says to Shrike. "They're usually weakest underneath." She pats under her arm. "And right where you hit: at the joint. Hit 'em hard and fast enough and all you're left with is a heaping hunk of bot. Course, not as satisfying as tearing into them, but whatever gets the job done." She glances at Grave's katana. "That oughta be sharp enough, too. Though as for demo expert, you might be fighting Bartnum and Zero for that title." She grins.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Shrike nods to Copper. "Thought so. Normally it wouldn't be much of a problem, but I have such a splitting headache." She touches her hand to her temple, then continues the conversation. "So, you're a Kindred, right? What's your Clan?"