What's new

HeroineRumble

jumjummju

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble - 3D ACT Fighting/Battlefuck/H-Wrestling

The graphics card is very weak and the game's default settings is running at roughly the equivalent of "medium-high" settings. The current "high performance" version only disables shadows and dynamic portrait. What is actually required is to basically disable all post-process effects such as ssao and bloom in addition to dropping resolution to say 720p. Then the graphic settings would be "low" and is suitable for those with low powered graphics cards.
Thanks for the reply! Is there any way to do this in the current build of the game? Probably via file editing, I'd assume, since the options menu isn't available ingame yet.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Maybe a 3rd person dungeon crawler thats a mixture of Diablo and Doom or perhaps a squad based turn based strategy game like XCom? With an actual fantasy sword and magic setting focusing on capturing monster girls and corruption?
I mean, you've already sold me on Heroine Rumble, are you trying to get me to be invested in your next game before you even start on it? Because it's working.

For real, though, they way you've designed characters for Heroine Rumble is both cute and sexy, and the game is coming together very well. I'm looking forward to seeing how far you go with it, and now I'm also excited to see what follows it.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I took a peek at the blog and noticed that was available; I hope I didn't somehow miss a post earlier that mentioned it, since I figured some of you would be all over it the moment it released.

Last edited:

redx

Reputation score

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees i've been waiting till they released. can't wait to get my ass beat learning the controls.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees i've been waiting till they released. can't wait to get my ass beat learning the controls.
Luckily for those who don't want to possibly get their butts kicked, there appears to be an option to make the AI do nothing (set it to level 0). I'm not sure if this was a new addition to this version or not, as I haven't played in a while.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This looks good!

Except..would you consider making it more "hold"-ey to better fit the theme of the game? Like having the girl's knees pinning the back of the girl's calves to the floor so she doesn't just..y'know, like kick her really hard or something?
Makes sense. Do people want the change?

Thanks for the reply! Is there any way to do this in the current build of the game? Probably via file editing, I'd assume, since the options menu isn't available ingame yet.
Not yet

Hopefully the controls are simple enough now so that wouldnt be a problem.

Futa girl is available in game now. What should be next?

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Honestly there's so much you could do now that there's also Futa in here...

Personally I'd love to see some animations against futas, like blowjobs/handjobs and such.

Also is it possible to always display the penis when 2 futas are H-humiliating? Kinda similar to Amazon Brawl if you know the game. I would love this kind of feature..

Besides that, more girls and more animations are always welcome of course (but seriously add a forced blowjob like RIGHT NOW :p)

OnyxShadow

Reputation score

Makes sense. Do people want the change?
Personally, I think it's fine either way. In most of these games there is a certain point where lust takes over and physical restraint becomes unnecessary.

I'm with PaNiq. H-moves by females that work specifically against futanari would be awesome!

Edit: Finally played the new version. I haven't tried it since the second character. I love how it's all coming along, and the new futa is AMAZING!

Edit 2: The only thing I'd like to see adjusted (and this is just my preference) is Wolfie and/or future futa characters to be...better endowed.

Last edited:

Roanoke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Futa girl is available in game now. What should be next?
Not sure if you're asking about characters or just in general, so I'll do both.

---

Character Talk:

I'd like to chime in that it'd be nice to see moves that are intended to be used on a Futa character, but I understand that that is more than a simple 'X uses move on Futa, call Y animation instead of Z' at the moment, considering it'd seem kind of shoved in unless you added the same compatibility to all of the existing characters. Right now, the way moves currently work on Wolfie is perfectly fine.
A new character could be created to specifically target her Futa bits, but then what of the rest of the cast? Same problem, calling a different animation and it'd be a waste to do it for only one character.

Also, while I'd love to suggest that all of the characters currently have a toggleable futa mode to make use of the feature if it was added to the whole cast, it would definitely need to be a toggle at character select rather than a global toggle. There are far more people that like FutaxNormal than like FutaxFuta, and with a global toggle we would be alienating some people.

Then.. you have the problem of: "Okay, so they're all potentially futa, right? Why does only one actually use hers?"
More swapped animations, more work, and I believe you could do it but I'd definitely be 'pray'ing for you, going through all of that effort.

Now.. onto the topic of a new character, I honestly have no idea. It would help to know how fantasy you actually want to let this get. From what I think I understand, you don't want any creature appendages in the game, unless I'm mistaken. (Likely due to the animation work involved)

If that's the case, it really comes down to new moves, hairstyles, body types, (Ears and tail types?), and new major features.

If you wanna create another character that's got creature features I totally wouldn't be against one similar to:

or

Both of which are actually fighting game characters you can find videos of to pull move inspiration from.

---

Features/Mechanics:

Rounds - I know that's more of a fighting game thing than a wrestling one, but if I could turn on multiple rounds in the exhibition mode that'd be great.

Tag Matches/Doubles - I'm almost certain this is coming at some point, due to the new target marker in the game and that being the major problem with introducing it. I fully support this idea!

Random Character Select - Possibly an option for both full characters and one that uses the random character generation from Endless mode.

More Outfits - Please make more globally usable outfits for the characters, with your most recent one I can see you get the creative bug once in a while. If you wanna work on an outfit/costume in-between characters, please, do!

Skin Tones - I saw you talk about this in the initial Wolfie reveal, saying she should have a darker skin tone once you get proper shaders or something? I honestly cannot wait for this! Varied skin tones will make both Endless Mode and the game as a whole more interesting to look at!

----

In the end you definitely do not need to introduce any of my suggestions. Just keep up the good work and don't burn yourself out trying to add every little thing. Not that I don't love how fan driven you've let this project be!

Last edited:

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

The new girl is absolutely delightful! the pounce move makes it all the better.

As for ideas/thoughts of how to go about...

One tweak that could be made, could the futa gal's hips keep moving during the "climax" part in time with the, ah, spurts?

I love the random outfits in the endless mode that show up. Would there be any way to enable that sort of thing for the player?

On the idea of more animal-like characters or such, perhaps make ears and tails an accessory that can be toggled/switched between rather than a set character, so anyone could use any combination of them?

The pinning, while fun, doesn't particularly feel very personal or interactive once a move is chosen. Could it be made so that perhaps the victim has to press the button to escape more than once, the number needed dependent on damage levels or the like? While the pinner can hinder or make it harder for them to raise the escape gauge by also mashing a button? I'm unsure of the process used to do this, so this sort of rework may be unrealistic.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The futa wolfie is good. Well done.

redx

Reputation score

yeah the controls were easier to get into then i thought it'd be.
probably said already but any plans for special attacks? or maybe a meter that allows you to use a H/Normal grab.

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So much text :eek:

Personally, I think it's fine either way. In most of these games there is a certain point where lust takes over and physical restraint becomes unnecessary.
I like that line of reasoning. No bias :rolleyes:

Edit 2: The only thing I'd like to see adjusted (and this is just my preference) is
Wolfie and/or future futa characters to be...better endowed.
Trying to not push the non-futa crowd too much atm.

I'd like to chime in that it'd be nice to see moves that are intended to be used on a Futa character, but I understand that that is more than a simple 'X uses move on Futa, call Y animation instead of Z' at the moment, considering it'd seem kind of shoved in unless you added the same compatibility to all of the existing characters. Right now, the way moves currently work on Wolfie is perfectly fine.
This is correct. Although I wouldnt totally count moves attacking on futas out.

Features/Mechanics:

Rounds - I know that's more of a fighting game thing than a wrestling one, but if I could turn on multiple rounds in the exhibition mode that'd be great.

Tag Matches/Doubles - I'm almost certain this is coming at some point, due to the new target marker in the game and that being the major problem with introducing it. I fully support this idea!

Random Character Select - Possibly an option for both full characters and one that uses the random character generation from Endless mode.

More Outfits - Please make more globally usable outfits for the characters, with your most recent one I can see you get the creative bug once in a while. If you wanna work on an outfit/costume in-between characters, please, do!

Skin Tones - I saw you talk about this in the initial Wolfie reveal, saying she should have a darker skin tone once you get proper shaders or something? I honestly cannot wait for this! Varied skin tones will make both Endless Mode and the game as a whole more interesting to look at!
Rounds - maybe as a hardcore mode where each time you finish an opponent they regenerate their health to a value less than previous.

Doubles - the targeting marker is in game long ago XD. Camera is a big problem. Cam mode B, which most people prefer, is bad at handling versus multiple opponent. Then there is issues with balance of course like how hard it is to save your teammate from a hold and so on.

Random character select - not planned. There is actually a couple of engine optimizations that doesnt play well with unlimited RNG girls. Solving it is possible but at that point might as well give players full girl customization options.

Outfits - dont know what the creative bug is refering to, but yeah definitely more outfits coming.

Skin tones - another benefit of dynamic skin color is that it should be possible to give the impression that the player's skin becomes wetter as matches progresses.

On the idea of more animal-like characters or such, perhaps make ears and tails an accessory that can be toggled/switched between rather than a set character, so anyone could use any combination of them?

The pinning, while fun, doesn't particularly feel very personal or interactive once a move is chosen. Could it be made so that perhaps the victim has to press the button to escape more than once, the number needed dependent on damage levels or the like? While the pinner can hinder or make it harder for them to raise the escape gauge by also mashing a button? I'm unsure of the process used to do this, so this sort of rework may be unrealistic.
That would be possible if customizable girls ever gets implemented. It is asked for often but its not trivial to do.

Submissions (whats meant by pin I assume) - do people want button mashing? Alternatively there were suggestions of submission mini-games like that fishing game.

yeah the controls were easier to get into then i thought it'd be.
probably said already but any plans for special attacks? or maybe a meter that allows you to use a H/Normal grab.
If there is a reasonable proposal on how to balance it then yeah.

Aiolos1212

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: HeroineRumble - 3D ACT Fighting/Battlefuck/H-Wrestling (Futa+Yuri)

The main issue I see with any sort of special attacks is that right now there's not really room for them as matches end so fast already. Adding a new particularly powerful move would just be too much, and matches would often be decided by who filled the special meter first.

It's possible to make room if you made finishing people off a bit more difficult, though. For example, remove the gradual max HP drain when you're suffering hard knockdown and aren't grabbed as that's simply an invisible/non-interactive match shortener right now. Secondly, increase the slow max hp regen up to perhaps 40% of the max. This would make finishing people off generally require the additional help of either triggering humiliation to stop regen, triggering pain from a submission for multiple grabs in a short space of time, or using a special move powerful enough to tip the balance.

This would be a fairly significant gameflow change, though. I personally would rather like longer matches, but I'm not sure if other people would find it tedious. It would help people who have problems with the AI at least - have more room to make a comeback. AI don't vary their strategy based on health after all, such as playing defensive to try and recover, etc, but human players will tend to understand that concept intuitively.

Roanoke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is correct. Although I wouldnt totally count moves attacking on futas out.
I wouldn't dream of them being left out entirely!

Rounds - maybe as a hardcore mode where each time you finish an opponent they regenerate their health to a value less than previous.
This sounds like it would be fine, I think.

Doubles - the targeting marker is in game long ago XD. Camera is a big problem. Cam mode B, which most people prefer, is bad at handling versus multiple opponent. Then there is issues with balance of course like how hard it is to save your teammate from a hold and so on.
Oh okay, I hadn't noticed it in the older build I tried before Wolfie was teased. My bad.

If you're not sure how to go about making a true Doubles match, could something like Tekken Tag or Dead Or Alive be used as a basis for it instead?

In those games you basicly have two characters, one in-play and one in reserve. Upon hitting a button specific to the function, you switch out the character (Unless being struck, downed, grappeled, etc. Basicly only while in completely neutral state.) and the character switched out has an increased rate of recovery for their recoverable health while out.

Using this method, there is no point where both characters on either team are targetable.

If you wanted to make things more complicated, DoA has tag-team grapples that can also be used to switch out characters. During those grapples the character getting swapped out normally grabs the opponent and the one getting swapped in lands a quick blow knocking the opponent down. (Some combinations of characters do things like a double suplex, two-man boston crab, etc.)

Random character select - not planned. There is actually a couple of engine optimizations that doesnt play well with unlimited RNG girls. Solving it is possible but at that point might as well give players full girl customization options.
That's okay, I didn't expect this to be a thing due to the low reward for doing so. Still felt like gauging how you'd feel about it though!

Outfits - dont know what the creative bug is refering to, but yeah definitely more outfits coming.
I was referring to Wolfie's outfit! You got creative by adding the paws and claws to her, and her whole design is very nice. I really want to see more of that.

Skin tones - another benefit of dynamic skin color is that it should be possible to give the impression that the player's skin becomes wetter as matches progresses.
Eagerly awaiting both of these features now.

Submissions (whats meant by pin I assume) - do people want button mashing? Alternatively there were suggestions of submission mini-games like that fishing game.
I would definitely like there to be more input when both placed into a hold and when performing them. It'd be nice if it was more 'tug-of-war'ish, to represent the opponent or yourself actually struggling to break free.

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A lil question: can I find a girl that uses futa animations in the endless mode?

OP
Enlit3D

Enlit3D

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A lil question: can I find a girl that uses futa animations in the endless mode?
Not atm. Not enough futa moves to make it interesting.

Looking for ideas on the grapple system rework.
List of issues to look at:
  • Dislike how standing grab move must be after 2 auto attacks, required for balance but feels out of place.
  • Dedicated grab button "A" will be depreciated. Neutral "W" (without dir key down) will replace it.
  • Give players an options to stay downed on the floor if desired.
  • Make AI go for grab faster on a depleted green bar opponent.
  • Make outfit relevant. H-moves will either not work or does reduced damage if outfit on. Considering replacing H-move with a stripping animation when H-move used on opponent with outfit on. The stripping animation does some damage and will strip the armor if enough damage is dealt to armor, allowing H-move to be used on the opponent.
  • Resisting grapple animation should no longer put opponent into downed state but rather only pushes back.
  • Make the AI use a couple of moves on pinned opponent. If the player cant take it anymore they can always exit the match.
  • Looking for input on how to re-balance submission/throws/humiliation/H-moves.
  • Looking for input on what kind of "mini-game" (if any) people want to be played during grapples.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

i like the idea of stripping the opponent. would give costumes purpose.

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah stripping is a pretty cool idea.

I gotta ask; are you one guy only working on this? It can't be that... You're seriously having too many ideas and working too fast for being only one :p

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

[*]Make outfit relevant. H-moves will either not work or does reduced damage if outfit on. Considering replacing H-move with a stripping animation when H-move used on opponent with outfit on. The stripping animation does some damage and will strip the armor if enough damage is dealt to armor, allowing H-move to be used on the opponent.
I would prefer is you implemented something like my old idea:
How about this:
-Make normal attacks not break clothing OR very slowley.
-Submission moves do moderate damage BUT also do clothing damage.
-H moves do less damage than submission moves BUT do more(than submission) damage if the corosponding clothing item is damaged/broken.

This allows for a progressive and rewarding battle without making it complicated.