What's new

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

Sadly this is a kinder, gentler Navy than it was a while back... I can't shoot anyone, let alone keelhaul them. But I can make their lives suck.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

BAH! I say start your own MK ultra program, either they turn into the perfect sailors (Mariners? I just realiese I have no fucking clue how to refer to navy personnel in a general manner), or kill themselves. You win either way!

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

In the end it sorted itself out though, and I have now made a distinction in my mind between "Academical" Chemists and chemical engineers. The latter are problem oriented and progressive, and do what it takes to get stuff done... The former are one of the most unpleasant races in the Galaxy. Not actually evil, but bad-tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.
Sadly this is a kinder, gentler Navy than it was a while back... I can't shoot anyone, let alone keelhaul them. But I can make their lives suck..
Hmmm...

In my experience university jobs inflict their nightmarish beurocracy on all the staff who just want to do their research. I mean who teaches in a university, teachers? who runs half the administrative side, administrators? For wonderboy the answer to all this is chemists. they didn't get their by wanting to teach or play politics or administrate, they wanted to do their research and will therefore tend to have little interest in other areas.

Thats why the only two faculties of universities that run efficiently are businiess management and IT, because their the only people who know how to run things.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I hate when people kill snakes instead of letting them go on their way. Something that is obviously not a venomous snake, at least. If it rattles and you have kids... call DNR to relocate it or shoot it. Otherwise... leave it the hell alone.

-stubborn-

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I hate when people kill snakes instead of letting them go on their way. Something that is obviously not a venomous snake, at least. If it rattles and you have kids... call DNR to relocate it or shoot it. Otherwise... leave it the hell alone.

-stubborn-
What if you really hate snakes? Of if you're really tired of them? Or if you're stuck with snakes on a plane?

I'm just saying... it could happen.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh come now, if they were garter snakes there wouldn't be any problem with a plane full of them.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

what if you're australian?
See: the "only if it's an obviously-not-venomous snake" exception. We're fine to kill any snake we see.

Not that I will, though. They're such cute little things.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

what if you're australian?
Sorry, we Americans generally have an easier time. If it rattles, it's dangerous. If it lives near water and has a blanched white mouth, it's dangerous. If it's copper colored or has red on yellow BRIGHT COLORED STRIPES, it's dangerous.

Most of the time though snakes won't seek you out and will run from you. They just wanna be left alone.

Except the cottonmouth. Those chase you.

Obsidious

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You can't blame folks for overreacting, it's a primal instinct after all: If it moves, it's potentially dangerous --> Kill.
If a species is endangered, isn't important in my opinion, you should generally try to avoid to harm them. However most people don't, of course. Often, the same people that complain about xyz being harmless, kill every spider in their house regardless - hypocrisy.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Heh, Canada really only has rattle snakes, and even then mostly out west. All our dangerous animals are large enough that we can easily spot them coming. Like bears.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Cottonmouths will chase you, if you're stupid enough to get too close that is, all the others will typically avoid you. You should really call DNR to get rid of it rather than doing it yourself like Chibi said though. Why, because your more likely to get bit if you try to kill the thing yourself and two it gives me something to do beside chase people fishing without licenses.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Cottonmouths will chase you, if you're stupid enough to get too close that is, all the others will typically avoid you. You should really call DNR to get rid of it rather than doing it yourself like Chibi said though. Why, because your more likely to get bit if you try to kill the thing yourself and two it gives me something to do beside chase people fishing without licenses.
<3 Ohwait. I can't do that here.

Uh... uh... uh... I hate the heat index!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate that I don't have to worry about a heat index, seriously it's cold outside right now.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

We've got some big suckers up here called "milk snakes", I've seen them streached from one side of the road to the other. Fairly harmless though, just get out of your car and they'll move along.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah milk, or king as they are sometimes called, snakes are harmless and fairly common. Just remember the saying "Red yellow, kill a fellow. Red black, venom lack." since coral snakes are venomous and of a similar color pattern. I've never actually seen a coral snake to be honest, though.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I have, they're tiiiiiny. Much much smaller than the scarlet kingsnake

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

My fave author, Sherri, tells stories about snakes growing up in Tennessee. I think she starts with "America has 20 varieties of poisonous snake. Twenty-two of them live in Tennessee..." (Or something close to that.) How she never understood her grandmother's "snake-killing hoe" until they had one actually attack and chase her sister. And my favorite, when they were expanding their garage, the construction guy climbs up to the rafters to get what he thought was a pair of gloves that someone left behind..."Hissssssssss" There might've been a rattle involved. I'd have to go look for the actual story.

As for the spider-killing hypocrisy, I understand that all living things are God's creatures. However, this is not God's house. This is my house. And they need to go away before they dangle down in front of my face and I nearly walk into them in the dark at 3am.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I have, they're tiiiiiny. Much much smaller than the scarlet kingsnake
Tiny as in neonate tiny, or as in copperhead tiny.

I usually let spiders go outside if I find them, of course they're usually just harvester spiders. I don't really like running into cobwebs either though, which is why I have this habit of walking with my hand in front of my face in the dark.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Tiny as in neonate tiny, or as in copperhead tiny.

I usually let spiders go outside if I find them, of course they're usually just harvester spiders. I don't really like running into cobwebs either though, which is why I have this habit of walking with my hand in front of my face in the dark.
Smaller than Copperheads and very skinny as far as i remember the one being shown to us. But i was little, I may be confused. I'd ask someone else first xD