Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Gold and Blood (Archer)

Minas Status: HP = 43, P = 36, EP = 43

To-hit: 7 + 44 + 3 = 54 vs 28 == Hit.
Damage: 10 + 9 = 19 damage.

The demon pulls back as Mina stabs at it, taking only a minor wound rather than a lethal one. It turns as she retracts her blade and tries to run.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina takes a step then shakes her head. "No, it's running for help in that direction....quickly, this way!" She picks up the Kobold and runs down a different alley trying to find a sturdy suitable place to duck into and lay low for a moment.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The kobold, startled, follows her lead, and the pair take hiding in a hut a few streets and alleys away from where they'd found the demon. After a few minutes of silence, no immediate pursuit follows, but perhaps the demons are just waiting.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina calmly looks out to see if anything is in view, drawing her blades if she sees anything or waving for the kobold to follow her into the alleys again if it's clear.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Minas Status: HP = 29/43, P = 36, EP = 43

Perception: Failure. (Damn, 1 vs 20. About as Fail as you could get.)

Mina, not spotting anything outside the house and thinking that the coast was clear, steps out of the cover of the house and prepares to continue on her way.

To-hit: Automatic Success.
Damage: 3 + 6 - 2 = 7 x 2 == 14 damage.

Suddenly, something strikes her right in the back of the head. Turning, she sees another of the gray skinned demons standing behind her, already preparing another attack. She easily ducks it, but now the creature regains its balance before she can attack, putting them both on even footing.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina shouts a curse in her native tongue as she falls forward and staggers back to her feet. "Ugh I should have chased you down and butchered you...." Mina draws her weapons and crosses them before lunging forward and swinging them in opposite directions trying to cleave her foe in twain after embarrassing her in front of the kobold.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To-hit: 16 + 44 + 3 = 63 vs 28 == Hit.
To-hit: 16 + 42 + 3 = 62 vs 28 == Hit.
Damage: 4 + 12 = 16 damage.
Damage: 3 + 10 = 13 damage.

Minas blades slash across the demons belly, but he retracts just enough so that the savage attack is not instantly lethal. Instead, he takes a few steps back, trying in vain to keep his innards from pouring out of the two slashes in his belly. He drops to his knees, and then onto his face, dying swiftly but in extreme pain.

The kobold walks out of the hut, and says; "What was all the commot- oh. A stalker."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"A stalker? That would explain why it snuck up on me so easily, it probably isn't alone, is there anywhere in this city you know of where we could slip through undetected?" Mina grabs the kobold's hand and leads on into the alleys once more trying to stay ahead of any friends the stalker might have near.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The kobold is about to reply as Mina grabs his hand and starts rushing him through the alleys. He eventually gets out; "Not that I know of, unless we stumble onto one of the Fey camps in the city. I don't know where any of them are though."

Nothing attacks them as they run aimlessly, weaving through the city.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Camp....ngh of course, why the hell would they put their camp in the middle of enemy territory?! I'm such a fool." Sick of confusing alleys Mina put the kobold on her back and looked for the nearest place she could climb on top of a building before using the tightly packed rooftops to make a run for the edge of town while looking for any signs for a large gathering on the outskirts.

(when in doubt...freerun)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hey! What are you----" The kobold says, as she pulls him onto her back and climbs up a building. Reaching the top, she finds that the huts and shacks are all packed closely enough together that she can traverse them, and sights on the forest bordering the town off to her left.

She heads across the roofs with great agility, the kobold hanging on for dear life and grumbling to himself the entire time. They reach the last few huts after a short while, but Mina has seen no sigh of any large gathering.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Sorry about the scare but I was starting to get kind of claustrophobic, I'm used to seeing my enemies from miles away across the desert. Can you see anything from up here that you recognize?" Mina scans from her new vantage point looking for any signs of things out of the ordinary. "At the very least perhaps we can spot one of your assault groups or other adventurers such as I."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The kobold glances around for a minute or so before shrugging and saying; "I can't spot anything, though anything or anyone nearby would probably be hidden by all the shacks."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"That is true, the town seems strongly in demonic hands we need to exit the city to improve our chances of finding anything friendly, and hopefully find a way to keep from wandering blind. I would fight a dragon with my bare hands for a map right now." Mina slides off of her perch to the ground and begins retreating from the city, heading for the river and forest bordering it.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The kobold shakes his head; "No, we should stay in the city. The forests in this area are hard to navigate and filled with wild animals who've been warped by the demons corruption. And I heard talk of setting up camp within the city, though it was never said exactly where. I would guess in a big open area of some kind, if any exist."

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, that's better than no clue I suppose. Still we should skirt along the edges of the city, I'm not sure how confident you are in your combat skills but I'd prefer to avoid a company of demons decending on us." She takes a deep breath as she prepares to walk the perimeter of the town. "And the less excitement for me the better lest my......condition, flares up." She gives an annoyed growl under her mask.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The kobold looks at her curiously, before saying; "Condition? What are you talking about? It's not contagious, is it?"

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Mina sighs as they walk, "No it's not an accidental illness. On my wedding night my husband poisoned my drink with succubus blood, thankfully I was an only child so my father raised me to be strong, the poison didn't turn me into a mindless toy as it had his dozen other wives. If I start taxing myself though I begin having the more....distracting side effects of being a succubus without any of the benefits. I apologize beforehand if anything awkward should happen during our time together."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Following her along, the kobold listens whilst keeping alert. When she finishes, he replies; "Ohhhh... Errrr.... No apology necessary. Honest." It seems that he wouldn't at all mind something "awkward" happening between them. The area continues to be clear as the pair skirt the edges of the town.

Archer

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"I already had one unfortunate incident where my curse became a hinderance." She mutters thinking back on the tentacle beast last night. "I must wonder if the two of us will simply wander around until the crisis passes......or the demons take over our world." Mina narrows her eyes thinking, "I just thought of something curious. Why have the fey deployed their army here but there is no sign of any human force....it does not make sense that no other race has been alarmed by this invasion."