What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

See, I liked Dissidia. I haven't really liked Strikeforce.

Dissidia had more story.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Dissidia had more story.
I know, the attempt with strikeforce was done horribly. Yes, dissidia was good, but if your going to pretty openly copy a battle system, atleast make it more fun, or give it more of a DW feel. Instead, i felt like a super saiyen, air dashing, speed dashing in glowing blue armor at floating yellow turbans who were air dashing all over the god damned place.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

According to that site, first quarter of this year.
Yeah, I think that's after a delay, too. I think it was supposed to be out last year. Ah well. We'll deal.

Dissidia had more story.
Speaking of Dissidia, PSM's got info on that, too. Dissidia 012 [duodecim] New game modes, new assist tactic that summons an ally for a devistating attack and a playable Chaos storyline. As for characters, apparently the previous characters are back and joining them are...wait for it...wait for it...

Lightning, Tifa, Kain Highwind (FFIV), Laguna Loire (FFVIII), and freaking Vaan from 12. Seriously? I'm hoping they have more of a lineup of that. Of all the characters they could pull into the games, they pick Laguna and Vaan? The other three I can see. Laguna? Vaan? I want me some Auron, gorrum gorrum! I suppose Balthier's already got his own cameo in Tactics, but Vaan? I...I...fuck it. I'm done. Time for bed.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I think that's after a delay, too. I think it was supposed to be out last year. Ah well. We'll deal.

Speaking of Dissidia, PSM's got info on that, too. Dissidia 012 [duodecim] New game modes, new assist tactic that summons an ally for a devistating attack and a playable Chaos storyline. As for characters, apparently the previous characters are back and joining them are...wait for it...wait for it...

Lightning, Tifa, Kain Highwind (FFIV), Laguna Loire (FFVIII), and freaking Vaan from 12. Seriously? I'm hoping they have more of a lineup of that. Of all the characters they could pull into the games, they pick Laguna and Vaan? The other three I can see. Laguna? Vaan? I want me some Auron, gorrum gorrum! I suppose Balthier's already got his own cameo in Tactics, but Vaan? I...I...fuck it. I'm done. Time for bed.
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but did you mean dissidia 012 as in a patch or update was released for it? If so how do i get it??

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Speaking of Dissidia, PSM's got info on that, too. Dissidia 012 [duodecim].
Yeah, I mentioned that a while back, though only said that it was being made.

and a playable Chaos storyline.
Oh god I think I jizzed a little.

I'd only heard of Tifa, Kain and Lightning when it was first announced, and yeah it is pretty shit that they're putting assbag Vaan in. I'd have loved to see Balthier air dashing all over the place and shooting the shit out of everyone. Though why the hate for Laguna? I liked him a damn sight more than fagbag Squall and he was only playable for relatively small sections.

And on the topic of Dissidia I played the fuck out of it when I bought it, maxxed out Cloud and Gabranth, who's damn ridiculous though is kind of a double edged sword. I can play him pretty well against most people I've fought againt, but damn I have struggled in some matches. And I have Strikeforce too, though I haven't played it yet. Undead Knights is a pretty cool hack and slash game that allows you to turn enemies into your own zombie army.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't have a total hate on for Laguna, but I like Zell a lot more and Dissidia is a fighting game. And, well, ZELL! Hyperactive little shit. I love him. Course, if they're putting Tifa in there, that's already one hand-to-hand brawler. Given the choice, I'd take Laguna over Vaan. I'd take just about anyone over Vaan. I can see them not having Basch in there, but Vaan? *sigh*

@darmy - I'm thinking actual sequel rather than patch or DLC. Hasn't been released yet. Mag says Q1, which is anytime from now to April, I believe.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I never liked Zell, hell the only characters I really liked was Irvine and Laguna and his group. I can't wait to see who else they'll be putting in, apparently one of the people working on it wanted to put Gilgamesh in the first one but couldn't so he may put him in 012. Personally I'm hoping some of the non-numbered game characters will be put in especially Ramza from Tactics.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

The lack of Auron displeases me, too. Auron, Lulu, and Wakka were my main party throughout the majority of FF-X.

I think it'd be funny to see Wakka in Dissidia, but they'll never put him in. After all, he DOES have the most OP weapon to ever grace the FF series :rolleyes:

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

never had the opportunity to travel through FF10 entirely. The sphere grid disgusted me so much i turned to Dragon Quest for comfort. And that's when my Long Journey into DQ7 began.

Also, This music is EPIC! SHIT! Why cant sonic have good music like this anymore?!

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yeah, the Sphere Grid put me off FF10 too, though I did complete it. Though I do hate pretty much all the characters except for Auron.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, the Sphere Grid put me off FF10 too, though I did complete it. Though I do hate pretty much all the characters except for Auron.
Well see that's the thing. Tidus had more character life in Dissidia to the point i liked him (the cut scenes in FFX we can all agree were awkward and kind of odd. Yes, first FF game to make it to the PS2, but man guys, we could've polished that before release..now every tidus and yuna cut scene seems..Stiff, awkward, and mostly dumb). In FF10 he just seemed..bleh! Aurons awesome no matter what, especially since he was in KH2. Also..never bring back yuna and rikku ever, ever again square enix.....NEVER...after you fried their brains in FFX-2 and made them sped kids, im never listening to them ever ever again.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

According to my last look at the Wiki, Yuna's showing up as a second char for 10, so that probably means either Seymor or Yunalesca is showing up as the boss opposing, going off logic.

The earlier FFs (Before 7) are gonna be interesting for adding a second 'Chaos' villen due to the large cast of secondary bosses but not many major bad guys. The only two that come to mind is Gilgemesh (The most epic subordinate ever) and the mage that called forth the Cloud of Darkness in 3. Other then that it's anyone's game.

Seven onward it's probably (though not entirely unlikely to be wrong:)
7: Hojo, Genesis or Kadaj, depending if they're sticking to 7 or it's seperate entities
8: Unknown. I've not really played 8 as much
9: Another unknown, though they could easily put in the captain of the Queen's soldiers for a decent supstitutes.
10: Yunalesca or Seymor
11: Unknown. I despise 11 to no end
12: Probably another judge or the final boss
13: Not played 13 so I dunno who'd they toss in

And of course the wealth of baddies from the side stories, some possible matchups

Original Tactics: Sadly not gotten too far into it, so dunno who's important or unimportant are interested.
Tactics Advanced: Ritz, Mewt or March versus the Li Grim
Crystal Choronicals: I can't really say much for this, beyond a almost-complete playthrough of Ring of Fate leading me to think Chu Chaspel could be fun to pound people up with and he's more then crazy enough for Chaos

Other?: There is always a chance of Square tossing in a spare character from another of thier more popular stories. Kingdom Hearts comes first to mind of recent years but there's always a chance for a game represent somewhere.

Also: Red Mage from 3 or 1. Make it happen :p

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure they've already said there wont be an equal amount of characters coming from each game. And as I've said, I believe they're planning on putting Gilgamesh into 012 or at the very least they really want to.

Lurker
Reputation score

For anyone who has seen the roster list for MvC3 and is excited, but doesn't know who Super Skrull is:

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

They just GOTTA put in Seymore.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Said I'd post it a while back, so for those who care here's my . Not much on there because I had to delete everything to get Spore to work again for some reason but I'm slowly adding creatures in there. Most of them are probably cliched but I find them cute/cool looking.

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

sometime back in mid-january I ran into this article....

Though from some of the chat I had a yesterday on the shoutbox, I realise not everyone buys their games here :p

However some people like me only buy their games :p

So yeah, safe to say that article made my wallet run away from home :(

Personally I can't wait for Star Wars the Old Republic, Batman, Crysis 2, Deus Ex, Guild Wars 2, Duke Nukem, InFamous 2, Portal 2, Mass Effect 3...

So yeah presuming each game is about 40 pounds (games here at launch range from 30 to 50 pounds), by the time this year is over I will have spent 360 pounds on games alone (not including monthly fees on SWTOR if it turns out to be good)

So yeah what about the rest of you?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well that list is made of fail, absolutely no mention of any PSP/DS games.

Though regardless of that looks like there's a few more games out this year that I want than I first thought.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Well that list is made of fail, absolutely no mention of any PSP/DS games.

Though regardless of that looks like there's a few more games out this year that I want than I first thought.
Oh hush, Mass effect 3 and The Old Republic have been long awaits. Though i do agree there are some great psp/ds gamess. Im personally most hyped about what i read for Skyrim.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm mostly hyper for F3AR, Skyrim, Dragon Age II, and Mass Effect 3.

I may get others, depending on how things go.