What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

DLsite (jp):
Game's blog:

Wolf RPG Harvest Moon-like (farm simulator). I think the game is R16 - ie not hentai, in accordance to HM's spirit. Move the thread if really required, but frankly, this game is worth your time and attention - if you ever were a pre-Marvelous Neverland player.

Story:
You play as a man or a woman who wakes up amnesic on the back of Gora-Chan, a huge turtle dragon.
After meeting the dragon's Miko, the MC decides to rebuild the local village.
It turns out all people in this world (humans, elves, beastmen, etc.) live on top of colossal dragons, as the world below is unhabitable. These dragons each have a specific attribute, and as they roam they change both the world's surface and the back of Gora-chan (Water dragon makes it rain, Light dragon provides light 24/24, etc.).

Gameplay:
Harvest Moon-like. You start with just a house, a axe and a hammer, and need to build and plow your way to grandeur - with your hoe, obviously. You can recruit 7+1 inhabitants to assist you with some tasks; each will have a preferred occupation that will show in his/her questline, and almost everything up to marriage is unlocked through these.
Activities you can't delegate include woodcutting, digging, farming, mining, raising cattle, etc. up to swordfighting and dragonriding.
At some point you'll be able to control Gora-chan somewhat, including fighting giant beasts, later on herding the other dragons, etc. You'll eventually unlock little dragons you can ride to go scavenge the surface.

Not-so-obvious quirks:
- most tools have a "just hit" gimmick. Using a tool with the right timing between strikes will boost productivity/EXP by 50%.
- butterflies eat crops. You were warned...
- with livestock, absolutely watch out you always keep at least 1+ male and 1+ female
- only walls & doors count for building durability. You only require over half the building's rectangle in walls (not doors).
- Gora-chan can use a cannon to stun, but the real damage will be dished out by dishes (well duh)
- rotate your fields. If you plant 3x3 turnips, leave another 3x3 field empty for the next batch. Early on you'll want fertilizer to level up your farmgirl, but it's a time-wasting chore later on.
- yes, the child you'll have has a creepy laugh. This is normal and will solve itself. Very soon.
- most edible things can gain 2-3 levels (curing, drying, grilling). Make sure you prepare ample room for the required structures. Process them only after they went through these steps (might mean double, like for cheese)
- don't confuse your storage chest with your sales chest...
- Science questline should be prioritized. Arrow panels are a boon for mining and animals. And cauldron is required for Gora-chan's intimate place.
- never put more than a single fish in a bucket, unless you want sardines instead of a whale.
- what you dragonriders find on the surface depends primarily on the terrain (left of Gura-chan in the menu). Butterflies, on the weather.
- much, much more...
Occupation tips for residents:
(assuming 'she'. There's always a male counterpart, except the cook)
- blacksmith: you need one, just one. You won't be ordering furniture 24/24, so she will need a secondary activity
- agriculture: you need just one, a well-trained one. Useful stuff(seedmaking) unlocks late, and will take much time
- livestock: you don't really need to train her, so assign her to another occupation. Unless you lack grass somehow...
- sewing: you just need one, just like the smithy. Secondary activity much desired.
- cooking: essential for money making (and Gora-chan's weapons). You'll need 2-3 to make sure Gora-chan and your wallet are well-fed
- science: essential. You need 1-2 doing just that 24/24, plus 2-3 part-timers.
- fishing: not very useful for residents, but you still want 1 metal bucket in every single house. Pop a single fish in it and it will level up ad infinitam. Also, your villagers will never be idle again. Fishing will get you there anyway, but much slower than any other occupation...
If there's any interest I can share some layouts :D

Controls:
←→↑↓ / WSAD : move
Z/Enter : inspect, confirm
X/numpad 0 : cancel (long press: tool palette)
C/shift : use selected tool/item (long press has teh occasional use)
Q and E : previous/next tool (set up in the main tool menu)
1 to 0 : select assigned tool/item (TAB switch page)
Hold SHIFT after you selected which file to load, to use modded characters (in Data/characters/). Be wary you shouldn't remove any of them them afterwards.

Contents:
Dragons, huge dragons, medium-rare dragons, small dragons. Farming, building, grinding.
Also a furry delivery dragonrider, to add to the long fetishes list.

Like I've said, some borderline ecchi pics is as H as it gets. I'd understand if this game's moved away to another section, far from prying eyes, but it'd make me sad, cuz the game's awesome. Please let it stay in the H-section a short while, if only as an invitation to mend our broken, perverted hearts :)

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
I can't believe you'd play with my heart like this Strange, thinking we could have a HM-like that also has hentai in it!
Then again, it can't be a proper HM-like unless there's some hot single MILF you're unable to marry/woo for no good reason, other then being older then you or having a kid.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
SCP's more urban rumour fanfic than proper Jungian Psychology, but like all fanfic there are some really good ones. Here's a few famous ones:

Oh I meant the game itself. There are a lot of nods to it, a fair number of the objects of power that the heroine encounters can be described as manifestations of Jung's collective unconscious and a few like the board, the oldest house and the service weapon are straight up jungian archetypes, their function is set but their physical properties and capabilities change so as to meet that function. A little difficult to explain but... it isn't the service weapon because it can kill enemies, it can kill enemies because it's the service weapon.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
it can't be a proper HM-like unless there's some hot single MILF you're unable to marry/woo for no good reason
Aww. And don't mention when they made the Harvest Goddess unmarriable :cry: If that's any consolation, you have my word the child-making scene exists, and is unforgettable.
Since you can marry every character here, I guess this isn't a proper HM-like. I forgot to mention there are modded characters there so some H isn't totally out of the question, maybe in the future? I find the art gorgeous anyway.

A couple layouts:
1647063898702.png
The seasonal barn can be made much larger. The point is the chests are visible even with roofs turned on, and the sprinklers to have the fields almost fully automated.

1647064013077.png
Here I've used holograms (with transparent .png created in the texture folder) on the right to mark the fields by crop time. I could have used naughty succubi pics instead, were I not so lazy.
PS: MTools breaks the game pretty quickly - slowing it down to a miserable point, and breaking textboxes. Absolutely play without MTool (send your saves to an Mtool-modded version in case you really don't understand something). The video on DLsite pretty much explains/shows all the basic activities.

Last edited:

blerghit

Reputation score
I tested the demo a while ago, and yeah MTool slowing it down makes it meh. I dont want to play without translation.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

DLsite (jp):
Game's blog:

Wolf RPG Harvest Moon-like (farm simulator). I think the game is R16 - ie not hentai, in accordance to HM's spirit. Move the thread if really required, but frankly, this game is worth your time and attention - if you ever were a pre-Marvelous Neverland player.

Story:
You play as a man or a woman who wakes up amnesic on the back of Gora-Chan, a huge turtle dragon.
After meeting the dragon's Miko, the MC decides to rebuild the local village.
It turns out all people in this world (humans, elves, beastmen, etc.) live on top of colossal dragons, as the world below is unhabitable. These dragons each have a specific attribute, and as they roam they change both the world's surface and the back of Gora-chan (Water dragon makes it rain, Light dragon provides light 24/24, etc.).

Gameplay:
Harvest Moon-like. You start with just a house, a axe and a hammer, and need to build and plow your way to grandeur - with your hoe, obviously. You can recruit 7+1 inhabitants to assist you with some tasks; each will have a preferred occupation that will show in his/her questline, and almost everything up to marriage is unlocked through these.
Activities you can't delegate include woodcutting, digging, farming, mining, raising cattle, etc. up to swordfighting and dragonriding.
At some point you'll be able to control Gora-chan somewhat, including fighting giant beasts, later on herding the other dragons, etc. You'll eventually unlock little dragons you can ride to go scavenge the surface.

Not-so-obvious quirks:
- most tools have a "just hit" gimmick. Using a tool with the right timing between strikes will boost productivity/EXP by 50%.
- butterflies eat crops. You were warned...
- with livestock, absolutely watch out you always keep at least 1+ male and 1+ female
- only walls & doors count for building durability. You only require over half the building's rectangle in walls (not doors).
- Gora-chan can use a cannon to stun, but the real damage will be dished out by dishes (well duh)
- rotate your fields. If you plant 3x3 turnips, leave another 3x3 field empty for the next batch. Early on you'll want fertilizer to level up your farmgirl, but it's a time-wasting chore later on.
- yes, the child you'll have has a creepy laugh. This is normal and will solve itself. Very soon.
- most edible things can gain 2-3 levels (curing, drying, grilling). Make sure you prepare ample room for the required structures. Process them only after they went through these steps (might mean double, like for cheese)
- don't confuse your storage chest with your sales chest...
- Science questline should be prioritized. Arrow panels are a boon for mining and animals. And cauldron is required for Gora-chan's intimate place.
- never put more than a single fish in a bucket, unless you want sardines instead of a whale.
- what you dragonriders find on the surface depends primarily on the terrain (left of Gura-chan in the menu). Butterflies, on the weather.
- much, much more...
Occupation tips for residents:
(assuming 'she'. There's always a male counterpart, except the cook)
- blacksmith: you need one, just one. You won't be ordering furniture 24/24, so she will need a secondary activity
- agriculture: you need just one, a well-trained one. Useful stuff(seedmaking) unlocks late, and will take much time
- livestock: you don't really need to train her, so assign her to another occupation. Unless you lack grass somehow...
- sewing: you just need one, just like the smithy. Secondary activity much desired.
- cooking: essential for money making (and Gora-chan's weapons). You'll need 2-3 to make sure Gora-chan and your wallet are well-fed
- science: essential. You need 1-2 doing just that 24/24, plus 2-3 part-timers.
- fishing: not very useful for residents, but you still want 1 metal bucket in every single house. Pop a single fish in it and it will level up ad infinitam. Also, your villagers will never be idle again. Fishing will get you there anyway, but much slower than any other occupation...
If there's any interest I can share some layouts :D

Controls:
←→↑↓ / WSAD : move
Z/Enter : inspect, confirm
X/numpad 0 : cancel (long press: tool palette)
C/shift : use selected tool/item (long press has teh occasional use)
Q and E : previous/next tool (set up in the main tool menu)
1 to 0 : select assigned tool/item (TAB switch page)
Hold SHIFT after you selected which file to load, to use modded characters (in Data/characters/). Be wary you shouldn't remove any of them them afterwards.

Contents:
Dragons, huge dragons, medium-rare dragons, small dragons. Farming, building, grinding.
Also a furry delivery dragonrider, to add to the long fetishes list.

Like I've said, some borderline ecchi pics is as H as it gets. I'd understand if this game's moved away to another section, far from prying eyes, but it'd make me sad, cuz the game's awesome. Please let it stay in the H-section a short while, if only as an invitation to mend our broken, perverted hearts :)
This thread is not an H-game, but you clearly put an effort into making an OP, so I moved it over to the Game Discussion thread in the Everything Else section.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Aww, I was hoping for a lil' bit more than 24h. Rules are so cruel...
I'll have to reapply after I've modded a hentai futa tentacle monster character 😁

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I think the real issue is that maybe 5 people actually look at the EE sub.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
I like this part of the forum. But it is used very little

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
you could have made the thread in EE or something, then make a sig with the link.
Actually, I just went and wrote the OP, then went "woops!" when I reached the contents part... I thought there was a SFW section here at ULMF; I guess not. I seldom stray from the H-game section, or its subcategories when I feel like being helpful (even more seldom so :LOL:). This is a hentai forum after all.
TL,DR: it wouldn't get much more visibility as a thread in that same EE backstreet, compared to now.

I intended to promote this great game a bit, in hopes for translators to become interested. It's wolfRPG, I can't deal with it for my life, but I know a few gifted persons around here can. Also, ULMF tends to be more... literate? than other places, so I thought a SFW game held a chance.
But I do understand looking away can be difficult, when you have to deal with rowdy 18+ big kids like us every day. Exceptions begets more demands for exceptional treatment...
I don't think this game will ever get any Hentai. HM spirit and all. I don't really mind, as a RF zealot myself: a nympho Raven would be heresy... :unsure: Oh wait why did I marry her again?

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Oh I meant the game itself. There are a lot of nods to it, a fair number of the objects of power that the heroine encounters can be described as manifestations of Jung's collective unconscious and a few like the board, the oldest house and the service weapon are straight up jungian archetypes, their function is set but their physical properties and capabilities change so as to meet that function. A little difficult to explain but... it isn't the service weapon because it can kill enemies, it can kill enemies because it's the service weapon.
Ah I see. The head researcher of the FBC mentioned in game that objects of powers are all based on man made objects, and wondered if the human unconsciouness is somehow involved in the creation of these objects.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
So I got a new game
It's sadly kinda bad

Aircraft Carrier Survival
A neat idea that is pretty much unfinished

Aircraft Carrier Survival is an interesting idea that seems to have needed more time and polish.

This is not a simulation and I don't think it was ever intended to be. But judging it purely as a videogame isn't going to get it high ratings either. Despite large delays, it still feels like it is unfinished and perhaps intended for a QA or beta testing team

At its core it mixes time management for the airplane take offs and landings with command to let you set a course and do missions in your carrier. However the more game-like design of it makes it feel more like a puzzle than any sort of management game. The puzzles in this case are the missions, setting the course on the map avoiding hostile patrols that seem to move in predetermined paths to get to your objective. And secondly the airstrikes, which work off a card system where you need to find the optimal solution with those cards. It works pretty well, but it means that once you have found the optimal solution you will only rarely have to change tactics

There are a lot of small annoyances and issues that build up over time spent playing to lead to an annoying experience, and many moments that make it seem like it isn't entirely finished yet. It has good in there too, and while every individual negative issue is small, there are so many of them that it makes the experience as a whole unsatisfying.

But first the good parts. The best part of Aircraft Carrier Survival is probably the map, setting a course and planning missions. It is nice to plan out a strategy. It is a shame then that most missions have your strategy already given to you before it even starts

The largest problem I've found has to be the detection system, which does not seem to actually work. You will be detected regardless of what you do, so while the game is clearly intended to give you a chance to move in without your enemy realising it, this never seems to happen. This could be one of the core systems not working, or it could be that in almost every mission you spawn in within detection range of the enemy, and then you never shake off the detection no matter how many scouts you bring down.
This leads to large amounts of attacks against you. In the earlier missions these are strong but you can fend them off. But even a little bit into the campaign you get attacked by multiple strike groups at once, each at a strength greater than what you could at any time put up in defence.
Luckily, but disappointingly the enemy fleets don't go after you. They have a large enough range that you will practically always be in range anyway

It sadly isn't much to look at either. I tried to zoom in on the bridge to watch my commander work, only to find he had no pants. Not that he didn't wear any, he just didn't exist from waist to knees. Similarly, the airplanes you launch or land have no pilots in them. When you are attacked your AA fires at random in all directions independently of where the attack was coming from, so it is the same every time and quickly gets old. Seeing the carrier's interior and damage control teams working is a plus, but they seem to behave in very strange ways

In summary, Aircraft Carrier Survival needed more time and testing. Its good parts are at best decent and the bad parts get annoying or frustrating pretty quickly. Worse is that many issues are very visible and obvious, so it seems odd that they would get through any sort of testing
I don't regret buying it, but I can't really recommend it to anyone in this state. There are good ideas there, sure. But they are overshadowed by many problems

Last edited:

eraea

Reputation score
Anybody know a game with this character?
I vaguely remember playing an RPGM game with him as the protag but I couldnt remember the game's name.
067be7c90af9411f61499693dca3f2a6.jpg

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
What do you think about , agent of Ordos?
Looks great, but I haven't played because it says minimum OS windows 10 and I never got that trainwreck
I'll update when I get a new computer and can find a version that has all the spyware and telemetry bullshit removed

Some games allow you to play just fine on earlier windows versions, but I'm not going to buy it and then complain that it doesn't work when I don't have the requirements they say I need to have

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Another review
This time for a game that got me 50 hours of enjoyment for less than 5 euro with minimal flaws

Touhou Mystia's Izakaya
It's just good, very few flaws and a lot of nice moments throughout the game

Touhou Mystia's Izakaya is a casual restaurant running game set in Touhou's Gensokyo. And it is definitely worth your time and money.

The story follows Mystia as she expands her business from a small food cart to multiple restaurants throughout the world, learning new recipes to sell and making new friends. And while doing this, there is a storyline that gives you a goal to keep coming back.

The main gameplay consists of two segments. One during the day where Mystia can gather resources, talk to friends and potential friends and shop for ingredients. The other during the evenings where she runs her business. She sets up her food cart and serves food and drink to the customers.
Normal customers will order from the menu, but the more interesting characters will not tell you exactly what they want. They'll give you hints and have their own preferences and then it is up to you to give them something you think they will like.

This makes for a solid gameplay loop that makes it easy to go just one more day, with just enough planning ahead to always feel like you're making more progress and getting better at everything by a little bit.
Both art and music are pleasant to look at and hear.

It has a few small flaws, but none of them are in any way a big problem. The worst I've seen was text not fitting in the dialog box and a few untranslated lines that were not relevant to the plot. Oddly the game seems to stop responding when the button to exit to desktop is pressed, but at that point it's not really a problem anyway.

In conclusion, Touhou Mystia's Izakaya is amazing value for your money and a title I will remember fondly. There are very few flaws and while the gameplay may be somewhat simple everything combines into a great experience overall.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
So I got a new game
It's sadly kinda bad

Aircraft Carrier Survival
A neat idea that is pretty much unfinished

Aircraft Carrier Survival is an interesting idea that seems to have needed more time and polish.

This is not a simulation and I don't think it was ever intended to be. But judging it purely as a videogame isn't going to get it high ratings either. Despite large delays, it still feels like it is unfinished and perhaps intended for a QA or beta testing team

At its core it mixes time management for the airplane take offs and landings with command to let you set a course and do missions in your carrier. However the more game-like design of it makes it feel more like a puzzle than any sort of management game. The puzzles in this case are the missions, setting the course on the map avoiding hostile patrols that seem to move in predetermined paths to get to your objective. And secondly the airstrikes, which work off a card system where you need to find the optimal solution with those cards. It works pretty well, but it means that once you have found the optimal solution you will only rarely have to change tactics

There are a lot of small annoyances and issues that build up over time spent playing to lead to an annoying experience, and many moments that make it seem like it isn't entirely finished yet. It has good in there too, and while every individual negative issue is small, there are so many of them that it makes the experience as a whole unsatisfying.

But first the good parts. The best part of Aircraft Carrier Survival is probably the map, setting a course and planning missions. It is nice to plan out a strategy. It is a shame then that most missions have your strategy already given to you before it even starts

The largest problem I've found has to be the detection system, which does not seem to actually work. You will be detected regardless of what you do, so while the game is clearly intended to give you a chance to move in without your enemy realising it, this never seems to happen. This could be one of the core systems not working, or it could be that in almost every mission you spawn in within detection range of the enemy, and then you never shake off the detection no matter how many scouts you bring down.
This leads to large amounts of attacks against you. In the earlier missions these are strong but you can fend them off. But even a little bit into the campaign you get attacked by multiple strike groups at once, each at a strength greater than what you could at any time put up in defence.
Luckily, but disappointingly the enemy fleets don't go after you. They have a large enough range that you will practically always be in range anyway

It sadly isn't much to look at either. I tried to zoom in on the bridge to watch my commander work, only to find he had no pants. Not that he didn't wear any, he just didn't exist from waist to knees. Similarly, the airplanes you launch or land have no pilots in them. When you are attacked your AA fires at random in all directions independently of where the attack was coming from, so it is the same every time and quickly gets old. Seeing the carrier's interior and damage control teams working is a plus, but they seem to behave in very strange ways

In summary, Aircraft Carrier Survival needed more time and testing. Its good parts are at best decent and the bad parts get annoying or frustrating pretty quickly. Worse is that many issues are very visible and obvious, so it seems odd that they would get through any sort of testing
I don't regret buying it, but I can't really recommend it to anyone in this state. There are good ideas there, sure. But they are overshadowed by many problems
That's a pity. I really liked Battlestations Pacific. Was interested in trying this out cause it looked similar.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Another review
This time for a game that got me 50 hours of enjoyment for less than 5 euro with minimal flaws

Touhou Mystia's Izakaya
It's just good, very few flaws and a lot of nice moments throughout the game

Touhou Mystia's Izakaya is a casual restaurant running game set in Touhou's Gensokyo. And it is definitely worth your time and money.

The story follows Mystia as she expands her business from a small food cart to multiple restaurants throughout the world, learning new recipes to sell and making new friends. And while doing this, there is a storyline that gives you a goal to keep coming back.

The main gameplay consists of two segments. One during the day where Mystia can gather resources, talk to friends and potential friends and shop for ingredients. The other during the evenings where she runs her business. She sets up her food cart and serves food and drink to the customers.
Normal customers will order from the menu, but the more interesting characters will not tell you exactly what they want. They'll give you hints and have their own preferences and then it is up to you to give them something you think they will like.

This makes for a solid gameplay loop that makes it easy to go just one more day, with just enough planning ahead to always feel like you're making more progress and getting better at everything by a little bit.
Both art and music are pleasant to look at and hear.

It has a few small flaws, but none of them are in any way a big problem. The worst I've seen was text not fitting in the dialog box and a few untranslated lines that were not relevant to the plot. Oddly the game seems to stop responding when the button to exit to desktop is pressed, but at that point it's not really a problem anyway.

In conclusion, Touhou Mystia's Izakaya is amazing value for your money and a title I will remember fondly. There are very few flaws and while the gameplay may be somewhat simple everything combines into a great experience overall.
This got me curious - do developers need to pay Shanghai Alice to make Touhou related games?

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
As far as I know they do not. Everyone is free to make Touhou games provided that they treat it respectfully. What defines 'respectfully' is not clear, but I don't think any fangame has been called out as being disrespectful yet. ZUN has stated he does not like porn of the Touhou girls though. I think I remember a rumour that he does not want to work with anyone who made porn of Touhous but I'm not entirely sure on that one

Curtain shooters/danmaku/bullet hell style games with the same format as the mainline games are specifically mentioned as not allowed, which implies that any other genre is acceptable

(This post was based on vague memories of things I've read over many years of Touhou games and fangames, not legal advice.)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Looks great, but I haven't played because it says minimum OS windows 10 and I never got that trainwreck
I'll update when I get a new computer and can find a version that has all the spyware and telemetry bullshit removed

Some games allow you to play just fine on earlier windows versions, but I'm not going to buy it and then complain that it doesn't work when I don't have the requirements they say I need to have
Yeah, lack of windows 7 support is getting to be a pain in the ass now. I ended up just throwing a pirate copy of 10 on a spare HDD I had laying around and have been using that since I'm too lazy to learn linux. Microsoft must be really pushing devs since in most of the cases it's just for retarded reasons ( like DX12, which is worse than DX11 somehow).