What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Just a heads up for any creative types, or anybody that likes Space Engineers or whatever.

Dev-Interview and alpha show.

Edit;
Edit2;
Source;

Last edited:

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That's some twisted logic there. Games live and die by the artistic merit of the creators.
Perhaps but I don't usually play the games for the story nor the graphics, rather the gameplay. If Ninja Gaiden 3 RE supposedly has weaker gameplay than it's predecessors then it would make some sense to start out with that first, then move on to the other two games so I can gradually get to which ever game has the best gameplay experience. The only thing stopping me from going through the games in the order of their release is the fact that like Mass Effect and Assassins Creed games, only certain ones were released for the Wii U (I forgot to mention that I was getting these games for that platform, yeah yeah I know >hurr buying multiplats on the Wii U) so I don't actually have access to the previous games right now.

I guess I could read up on a synopsis beforehand but like I said, I care more about the gameplay.

@Squid, Upon looking it up a bit, Razor's Edge improved on the issues that was plaguing the third game such as improving enemy AI so they're tougher and bringing back decapitations and mutilations. There was also some issues regarding Ryu doing things that were out of character such as killing unarmed people but they fixed it in RE as well.

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shadows fall, and hope has fled
Steel your heart, the dawn will come
The night is long, and the path is dark
Look to the sky, for one day soon
The dawn will come

The shepherd's lost, and his home is far
Keep to the stars, the dawn will come
The dawn will come

Bare your blade, and raise it high
Stand your ground, the dawn will come

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Sakura Angels was just released on Steam.

May our tissue budgets have mercy on us.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

AAaaaaaaaaaaa Rule. Want to watch, but not going to. Can't play until I get a new TV. This sucks.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Huniepop dropped today.

My body is ready.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As far as I know, N64 emulation still isn't perfect with this game, however these are the specifications I'm using for it and although it's not perfect, it clears out a lot of the lag that's been plaguing this game and touches up a bit on the cutscene sync issues.

Emulator: Mupen64K ver 0.8
Video Plugin: Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video (Stable)
Sound Plugin: Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2
RSP Plugin: Hacktaraux/Azimer hle rsp plugin

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

As far as I know, N64 emulation still isn't perfect with this game, however these are the specifications I'm using for it and although it's not perfect, it clears out a lot of the lag that's been plaguing this game and touches up a bit on the cutscene sync issues.

Emulator: Mupen64K ver 0.8
Video Plugin: Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video (Stable)
Sound Plugin: Azimer's HLE Audio v0.56 WIP 2
RSP Plugin: Hacktaraux/Azimer hle rsp plugin
This game was the fucking shit back in the day. Still is, really, and I was playing it a few months back on an emulator but since then my PC has been reformatted and I forgot to salvage it beforehand. Going to get back to it eventually, really enjoyed playing it when I was younger.

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game was the fucking shit back in the day. Still is, really, and I was playing it a few months back on an emulator but since then my PC has been reformatted and I forgot to salvage it beforehand. Going to get back to it eventually, really enjoyed playing it when I was younger.
Yeah, a shame Konami doesn't want to bring the other goemon games overseas.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't know if I've shared this already or not, but I've been following the development of a very well-done Metroid 2 remake. It's still being worked on and it's around 50%+ done. The current demo makes it through the ruins 3 area, for those who have played the original. Here's a link:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Nosgoth

I wrote a review, it's a pretty good game, so long as you're into the action-y stuff like it

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Bioware is offering all songs of the Dragon Age Inquisition bard for free downloading until February 9th.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

since there is a old n64 game mentioned close by i've been wondering
how you guys think about the zelda games,
i mean the original ocarina of time?

back in the days where it was released on the n64 (in my childhood)
it was probably my most favorite game, not because of the gameplay nope

the gerudos getting all my attention:D
i must have wasting hours of my childhood staring at these sexy dark tanned redheads:p
guess my liking for dark tanned skin and well formed tits also the color red must because of them:eek:
majora's mask was also one of my favorites because of gerudo pirates till i get a pc and internet:D

but it's really too bad that nintendo took the gurodus out of the other zelda games:(,
and making thad blonde elf with the skirt looks like some gay bitch,
(i'm still not sure why they did it):confused:

Last edited:

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am always a ways behind on gaming. I just started the Mass Effect series last week...

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

S'okay, I haven't even started my playthrough on it yet. Mostly for various reasons, the primary being is my hatred of my Xbox.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

since there is a old n64 game mentioned close by i've been wondering
how you guys think about the zelda games,
i mean the original ocarina of time?

but it's really too bad that nintendo took the gurodus out of the other zelda games:(,
and making thad blonde elf with the skirt looks like some gay bitch,
(i'm still not sure why they did it):confused:
if you mean Cia, from hyrule warriors, she offs herself because link wont love her, also Majora's Mask by far my favorite zelda game

Cabbie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

if you mean Cia, from hyrule warriors, she offs herself because link wont love her, also Majora's Mask by far my favorite zelda game
I love for Nintendo to make something again like Majora's Mask. Its was their riskiest game of course, but because its so different compared to traditional Zelda...I think that's the reason why many love it so much.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's why Adventure of Link is the best Legend of Zelda

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I personally think Ocarina of Time is way too over-hyped. The game is far too short, the game feels more like a crappy RPG Maker game with 3d combat, crappy, boring puzzles, and very limited and restricted exploration. Why the game is so popular I cannot understand, but I personally did not like it.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm very much old-school. for the SNES.