What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

the "max level" of 50 is really just a false max level. You can go beyond, it simply slows down significantly. I can't remember what the actual hard cap was, somewhere in the 70's or 60's I think. To get there, everything must be brought to level 100.

Now if they're bringing in new perk trees, it makes sense that one would be able to rise higher in level, simply due to the fact that there are now more skills to level up. I'm sure they'll do something about it being a slow leveling system after 50 as well, because it has been 7 months.

Also heard from Todd Howard that crossbows are fitting into the Archery perk tree.

Ginrikuzuma

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

yeah I was also told that crossbows were fitting into archery tree which is good cause I been making a new character and making him more of a ranger / hunter type of character avoiding the towns and when necessary goes only to the small ones (like Ivarstead or Riverwood) and only going to the large ones for the forges or more arrows.

Ginrikuzuma

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Max level is about 81-82, and it's relatively easy (if monotonous) to hit. I'd expect the DLC will offer a way to respec your character.
cap is 81 1/2 (once u max everything out u are halfway to 82 i believe)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's what I'm talking about, I've got all my skills at 100, and I've used up all my points on perks even though I don't have them all. I know, you're already overpowered in that game, but my problem is that I can't get any of the perks for either of the new trees without the suggestedd way to re-tech my character.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

New tree will mean something else to level up, and get you those new perks, otherwise they'll either have to ship something that will let you re-tool yer character, or your straight up shit out of luck.

Ginrikuzuma

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm kinda hoping they will do a few things for perk points but I got a few ideas

1) increase cap (obviously)
2) after a certain level give out 2 perk points instead of 1
3) if cap is increased also allow to gain exp by killing monsters (so for example if u use a 1-handed, while you are attacking you level up the 1-handed tree + some extra exp from the kill)

4) this one is from a mod:
Be able to use extra dragon souls (the mod default is 10 souls) for an extra perk point. Since dragons after a while just become an annoyance and something not necessary to kill. This might encourage people to kill dragons more often.

of course since I'm playing skyrim on a PC i don't have to worry about the lack of perk points but yeah I feel bad for the console people.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Increasing the level cap is easy enough to do as there isn't really a level cap to begin with. All Bethesda need to do is throw more skill trees into the game. What they do need to do though is balance out the exp gain so those skill trees aren't wasted and you actually get enough perk points to buy the majority of the shit in the trees.

It wouldn't make sense for you to gain more perk points the higher level you go, if anything they should make it so that you gain several at the lower levels and gradually flatten it out to one perk point per level at a higher level.

And exp gain from actually killing things regardless would be going against what the levelling system is all about in Skyrim. You're supposed to be training up individual skills, not derping around the countryside smacking the biggest and ugliest things to death.

Though I do agree with being able to turn a certain amount of dragon souls into perk points. Though perhaps increase the cost with each perk point you make.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Buy it.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

So apparently 360 owners will be getting Dawnguard on June 26 whilst PC and PS3 owners will have to wait about a month later.

EDIT: Also, looks like you don't have to worry about levelling up for at least the vampire skill tree, from a screenshot it says that vampires gain perks as they use the drain life spell to feed off their enemies.

EDIT2: All the info on Dawnguard so far, including the new trees.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Pretty badass, that adresses my concerns nicely.

Too bad it seems they're intent on keeping the werewolf as being useless for anything other than running around the map faster than a horse... I mean for fuck's sake you're the dragonborn, shouldn't you have a shout that lets you change back?

Being stuck in werewolf form during a fight is as bad as being a vampire in the sunlight, though I did get the chance to beat the shit out of a dragon with it once... too bad a large LARGE group of guards stumbled upon the scene and decided I was the bigger threat, swiftly saving their town from the dragonslaying werewolf that was absurdly low on health.

Unnatural Kiwi

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I don't know...backhanding giants, frost trolls, other large creatures as a werewolf is fun.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Pretty badass, that adresses my concerns nicely.

Too bad it seems they're intent on keeping the werewolf as being useless for anything other than running around the map faster than a horse... I mean for fuck's sake you're the dragonborn, shouldn't you have a shout that lets you change back?
In Oni's second link you can see they've added a new perk tree for Werewolves, perks to be gained by consuming the hearts of fallen foes whilst in beast form.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You still can only get health back by feeding. Though with the level increase on the howl's effect it might make things better.

I guess my actual complaint is that you're very restricted in how you can play as a werewolf, as opposed to a vampire which is pretty much playing like normal with some cool extra abilities, along with the need to feed and you must operate at night and away from villagers... oh wait vampires can now skip along in the sun with their friends from the town guard, picking daises as they go.

Last edited:

Lurker
Reputation score

You still can only get health back by feeding. Though with the level increase on the howl's effect it might make things better.

I guess my actual complaint is that you're very restricted in how you can play as a werewolf, as opposed to a vampire which is pretty much playing like normal with some cool extra abilities, along with the need to feed and you must operate at night and away from villagers... oh wait vampires can now skip along in the sun with their friends from the town guard, picking daises as they go.
That's absurd and unfair and...

... You know what, that's actually a fair representation of the accepted mythologies behind the two beasties. Also, the link provides incomplete information on the werewolf tree. So who knows!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I see a savage feeding perk on that tree, and I'm hoping that'll allow you to feed faster (i.e. snatch the heart out, chuck it in your gob and not lose a stride) since there's already one that gives you more health for feeding.

Zelzar

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Frictional Games just released a teaser for their upcomming game
It's not much, but it show a bit of the enviroment and a monster that by the title of the game should really be obvious.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay guys. Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC gets released today. It'll be 1.9 GB. This means that probably by the end of the week, I'll finally know if I'll buy Bioware games again.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'll still be buying Bioware. Yeah, if the indoctrination theory is incorrect the ending is pretty shite, but the rest of the game's story was solid. Some of the better moments I've had in gaming for a long time.

Zelzar

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Bah! I have to wait for another week for the DLC.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't worry, Zelzar. The wait will be worth it, as I can confirm. The Extended Cut fixes most complaints people have about the ending - most importantly, you get a sequence exploring the consequences of your choices. Most of the plotholes have been fixed as well.