What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

Regardless of how safe you are or how prevalent it is, broadcasting it to god and everyone probably isn't terribly bright.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

And the government needs "p"roof, which would mean my comp

The problem is, the government may need "p"roof from you, but all V-bulletin needs is someone bitching about us to them, and "p"oof goes the forum.

So yeah, pirating is bad, mmm'kay?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

So yeah, pirating is bad, mmm'kay?
This is true, the forums rules are that we do not support any pirating and if pirating is discovered we are to remove it from the forum imediately (although the vageness of international legislation makes things difficult most of the time, but the laws of where our servers based are the minimum baseline and we step up if we recieve any complaints). We cannot however stop you from doing whatever you want where we can't see you.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Allright, if this is going to be so much of a problem, I shall refrain from mentioning where I acquire the titles I speak of in this thread.

Lurker
Reputation score

Allright, if this is going to be so much of a problem, I shall refrain from mentioning where I acquire the titles I speak of in this thread.
In any thread. If you acquired them by any other means than legitimate purchase, we don't want to know.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Really? was that necessary? I mean, I've conceded defeat, and submitted to your terms. But you have to get that last jab in eh?

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Really? was that necessary? I mean, I've conceded defeat, and submitted to your terms. But you have to get that last jab in eh?
Everyone loves a last hit.

I tried some rusty hearts today. its...certainly a little different. I think the best way to describe the game play would be...vindictus except as an anime and a little more side scrolly..so...umm...maybe..streets of Rage online? Its trying to tell an actual story, which i like so far, and the style of the anime is really around say Full-metal alchemist and the newer castlevania type games. its certainly different..but Not terrible so far, the combats fun, but thats because i love beating the shit out of things repeatedly. Most of the story is actually voiced and talked, and most of it so far has been cinema, the characters interacting in their own mini movies, which is kind of cool to see in a mmo so far. So...i cant really hate it so far, i love beating the fuck out of things, and im a huge fan of anime and the style they took it in.Plus, the voice overs dont make me want to shoot myself.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Everyone loves a last hit.

I tried some rusty hearts today. its...certainly a little different. I think the best way to describe the game play would be...vindictus except as an anime and a little more side scrolly..so...umm...maybe..streets of Rage online? Its trying to tell an actual story, which i like so far, and the style of the anime is really around say Full-metal alchemist and the newer castlevania type games. its certainly different..but Not terrible so far, the combats fun, but thats because i love beating the shit out of things repeatedly. Most of the story is actually voiced and talked, and most of it so far has been cinema, the characters interacting in their own mini movies, which is kind of cool to see in a mmo so far. So...i cant really hate it so far, i love beating the fuck out of things, and im a huge fan of anime and the style they took it in.Plus, the voice overs dont make me want to shoot myself.
Victoryyyy. I'm glad to know someone else played Vindictus before. Coincidentally I saw an ad for Rusty Hearts. Sounds like a pretty interesting game with tons of effort and content put into it.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I was looking at red orchestra 2 the other day and found some aspects very appealing. I'm a sniper at heart, but most games I play have shitty sniping. I like a huge map with buildings you can actually go inside, see through the windows, and generally set up very nasty sniping nests inside. You know, how a sniper in actual combat in an urban area would.

The only game I've played recently that even comes close to that is bad company. And while I do enjoy a large part of the game, the maps end up being too... empty. Mostly because of vehicles (and players who use them to destroy any form of cover), having them in a game is nice, but I'm looking for one where they're not the dominant way to win.

Can anyone reccomend any games that might contain what I'm looking for?

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I was looking at red orchestra 2 the other day and found some aspects very appealing. I'm a sniper at heart, but most games I play have shitty sniping. I like a huge map with buildings you can actually go inside, see through the windows, and generally set up very nasty sniping nests inside. You know, how a sniper in actual combat in an urban area would.

The only game I've played recently that even comes close to that is bad company. And while I do enjoy a large part of the game, the maps end up being too... empty. Mostly because of vehicles (and players who use them to destroy any form of cover), having them in a game is nice, but I'm looking for one where they're not the dominant way to win.

a shooter where vehicles arent as dominant? Thats hard. harder than a Catholic preist at a preschool playground. I think the closest you could get is battlefield 2 if the servers are still up, and maybe even unreal tournament 2004. but the era of vehicles not overpwered has passed. Now they are the new sniper rifles.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

mm mw2? *looks around for flaming verbal nukes* As much as people hate the game and I admit there are many flaws to the game, there is almost always a place incorporated in every single map for snipers. If you are a PC gamer there is a sweet and cheap deal on Steam for it. However, with the advent of MW3 you might as well hold off for that or BF3. Or if you want to try something now, you can opt for TF2; it is free anyway.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

mm mw2? *looks around for flaming verbal nukes* As much as people hate the game and I admit there are many flaws to the game, there is almost always a place incorporated in every single map for snipers. If you are a PC gamer there is a sweet and cheap deal on Steam for it. However, with the advent of MW3 you might as well hold off for that or BF3. Or if you want to try something now, you can opt for TF2; it is free anyway.
he wants a large and lush battlefield to hunt his enemies in, not a Play-pin that Modern warfare likes to use. As for TF2, excellent idea, however, be prepared to go fucking hardcore. Snipers in that game have been playing for years. They are ready to rape your eye sockets and jizz all over your brain. Thats not exaggerating either, these fuckers are fierce.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I've got to agree on MW2, even their big maps are far too small for my liking. I don't care if runfags can't find someone to kill.

I've been thinking about TF2 as well. But like you've said, it seems like quite a daunting community to join.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I've got to agree on MW2, even their big maps are far too small for my liking. I don't care if runfags can't find someone to kill.

I've been thinking about TF2 as well. But like you've said, it seems like quite a daunting community to join.
start out small, start out slow, legitimately look for servers that arent as hardcore as the clan servers. Thats your best bet. TF2 seems daunting now yes, but its still possible to jump in and get them good.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

start out small, start out slow, legitimately look for servers that arent as hardcore as the clan servers. Thats your best bet. TF2 seems daunting now yes, but its still possible to jump in and get them good.
Another way to get started and learn classes is stick around a few of the achievement servers. Sure it's 'cheating' in a sence, but you'll learn how the weapons work, perhaps get some of the achievement weapons, and of course some of the random drop items every so often.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Another way to get started and learn classes is stick around a few of the achievement servers. Sure it's 'cheating' in a sence, but you'll learn how the weapons work, perhaps get some of the achievement weapons, and of course some of the random drop items every so often.
I fully agree with lurker, achievement servers are perfect for getting to know your weapons, and its easier on your PC than the actual practice mode, since the practice mode takes double CPU effort to program and run A.I than just going to an achievement server does, plus you also get drops in offline practice, so its about fair by now.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Borderlands, perhaps? I know one of the classes *is* a sniper, or pretty much the equivalent thereof. I haven't played it, myself, but I've got three friends that enjoy it very much. Might be to the flavor you're looking for. Maybe.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Borderlands, perhaps? I know one of the classes *is* a sniper, or pretty much the equivalent thereof. I haven't played it, myself, but I've got three friends that enjoy it very much. Might be to the flavor you're looking for. Maybe.
Borderland's main setting is a wasteland, and your travel is a buggy with infinate boolet. while the gunplay/perk system is cool, it's more of a RPG then a shooter, in a sence.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

*shrugs* Was just a suggestion. I know that you get to run around during the missions and shoot the ever-loving crap out of the baddies. Thought it might be a fun twist.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I always liked dod, its been a while since i played but at least in the day it was a total campfest.

for some reason i liked that.