What's new

Games Discussion Thread

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: Games Discussion Thread

I just remembered today that I had Black for the PS2 (came out for PS2/Xbox). Fun, cathartic FPS. Everyone that plays FPS games should have this game. EVERYONE.
Gameplay -

All about the guns, baby. All about the guns. Oh, and the explosions, too.

E

Exofluke

Here's some more stuff on Mass Effect 3.

The video on autoplay is the one titled "Bioware Pulse - E3" on the list. I would re-click it because the autoplay seems to put the video at a random point instead of starting it at the beginning.

Hazzah to the first caller for asking my one question.

Last edited:

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I just remembered today that I had Black for the PS2 (came out for PS2/Xbox). Fun, cathartic FPS. Everyone that plays FPS games should have this game. EVERYONE.
Gameplay -

All about the guns, baby. All about the guns. Oh, and the explosions, too.
While i CERTAINLY agree the game was great with its guns, and good for graphics at the time, i remember the campaign being Horridly short, and Stupid difficult for 2 reasons. 1. Enemys spawned everywhere, even out of THIN air. 2. Bullets hitting you in the face should honestly inflict more damage. I mean come on, 10 shots from an ak to kill a bastard when all shots hit his face?

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

While i CERTAINLY agree the game was great with its guns, and good for graphics at the time, i remember the campaign being Horridly short, and Stupid difficult for 2 reasons. 1. Enemys spawned everywhere, even out of THIN air. 2. Bullets hitting you in the face should honestly inflict more damage. I mean come on, 10 shots from an ak to kill a bastard when all shots hit his face?
Maybe on the OPS difficulty (I'd have to play through on that again), but playing through on HARD wasn't so bad. I didn't have people spawn out of thin air for me.
Though, I think I thought that they did when I first played, but then after a few tries I realized they were scripted spawns.

As for bullets to the face... I don't think I ever had to shoot someone TEN times in the face. Maybe 2-3 times in the face, but never 10.

I agree that the campaign was criminally short, but at the same time, this was Criterion Games' first FPS. I think they just wanted to try their hand at an FPS. So, I can forgive the game (somewhat) for a short campaign.
Hell, it was long enough to be fun. Funner than some of the campaigns in today's FPS games, even.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Valve is having a really nice week-long "free TF2" session. Everybody who hasn't already bought TF2 can play it for the rest of this week for free as part of the Uber update that'll finally be revealing the Meet the Medic trailer, as well as releasing a bunch of class updates.

So you guys that haven't bought TF2 (Nunu), come play!

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Already taken a look at the newest weapon info they've released. Tomislav sounds interesting, rather, doesn't sound at all. Family Business is crap, don't bother. Eviction Notice essentially gives the Heavy a bat, but in fist form. I can see the possibilities.

Enforcer is nice for people who suck at backstabbing, or for people who know when it's time to fall back on the revolver. Big Earner is interesting, though with that health reduction, spy's already low survivability is reduced further, meaning if you can't get a backstab and refill your cloak, you're fucked. Unless you're using the Cloak and Dagger, which means you don't know how to spy anyway, and should just stop right there.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It'd be even weaker and faster than the bat, and I don't just mean weaker per swing, I mean damage over time even. Should be funny to see the heavy's fists swing that fast though. At least, that would be if their use of percentages are right, and they're often not. I'm especially eager to see how they got the percentages wrong for the family business because it seems to be a pretty large drop in damage over time for just 2 extra shells.

Finally nice to see a revolver stronger than the default, but it's gonna make bad spies who can't get headshots much more obnoxious

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's some speculation from somebody who isn't a moron. <3

Tomislav is OP. DPS isn't actually much lower and that fast rev time means the heavy will be revving in under half a second. Yeah, that's gonna see a nerf, and fast.
Shotgun is shit. You would need to land every shot at point blank to get, like, 60 more damage out than you would with the vanilla shotgun.
Melee unlock is shit. Unless you just eat the steakvich with it in that piece of shit medieval mode, the GRU remains the only good melee unlock for a "serious face" heavy.

And now, incoming spy main telling you faggots what's up.
Revolver is a straight upgrade w/ DR and a nice sidegrade for spies who want to dish out high damage w/o having to get headshots. At point blank, it nails 72 damage per shot but it's not much more powerful than the revolver at medium or long range.
Knife is OP w/ DR. Health nerf is irrelevant thanks to that bullshit damage reduction and you can get all of your cloak in three stabs or less, and that's ignoring natural regen + picking up ammo. Yeah, either DR gets nerfed or the knife does. The spy needs a nice buff for pub matches, but making the DR the only viable option for any spy who expects to do well is not the fucking way to go.

There, done. Next page of unlocks please.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Here's some speculation from somebody who isn't a moron. <3

Tomislav is OP. DPS isn't actually much lower and that fast rev time means the heavy will be revving in under half a second. Yeah, that's gonna see a nerf, and fast.
Shotgun is shit. You would need to land every shot at point blank to get, like, 60 more damage out than you would with the vanilla shotgun.
Melee unlock is shit. Unless you just eat the steakvich with it in that piece of shit medieval mode, the GRU remains the only good melee unlock for a "serious face" heavy.

And now, incoming spy main telling you faggots what's up.
Revolver is a straight upgrade w/ DR and a nice sidegrade for spies who want to dish out high damage w/o having to get headshots. At point blank, it nails 72 damage per shot but it's not much more powerful than the revolver at medium or long range.
Knife is OP w/ DR. Health nerf is irrelevant thanks to that bullshit damage reduction and you can get all of your cloak in three stabs or less, and that's ignoring natural regen + picking up ammo. Yeah, either DR gets nerfed or the knife does. The spy needs a nice buff for pub matches, but making the DR the only viable option for any spy who expects to do well is not the fucking way to go.

There, done. Next page of unlocks please.
The fact that you said all of that in an angered tone of voice makes me doubt your level of experience with this subject matter.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The DR has always needed a nerf, and taking reload times into thought, the new shotgun won't be helping much, but if you're ignoring it since you can interrupt shotgun reloads, you're still doing lower damage per second because that extra 60 damage isn't worth the extra time to fire them.

But then again, this is coming from the faggot moron whose opinions you appear to contradict on these weapons since you're going to be derogatory about it, yet don't actually disagree with.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The DR has always needed a nerf, and taking reload times into thought, the new shotgun won't be helping much, but if you're ignoring it since you can interrupt shotgun reloads, you're still doing lower damage per second because that extra 60 damage isn't worth the extra time to fire them.

But then again, this is coming from the faggot moron whose opinions you appear to contradict on these weapons since you're going to be derogatory about it, yet don't actually disagree with.
The DR has always needed a nerf, yes. That's why it's been nerfed so many times and it's been fine until this knife. It sacrifices subtlety and ease of infiltration for a nice "get out of jail free card" property. Just like the spy class in general, it's more effective if the enemy is stupid. If they're smart, a DR spy simply becomes an annoyance. I play a lot of highlander matches on tf2lobby and I can check everybody's stats for the match. I remember a match where the enemy spy used the dead ringer. His kd was something like 20-something to 60-something, and while I would normally say kd doesn't matter, you shouldn't be dying that much vs a team of 9 players and you should be killing a LOT more.

By the way, regardless of what stance you take on any TF2-related matter, I will never respect either of your opinions. You've both done quite an excellent job in proving that you know very little in comparison to the invite level pro that stands before you.

(yeah, not really, but I still know my shit and you think the black box is OP, so.)

The fact that you said all of that in an angered tone of voice makes me doubt your level of experience with this subject matter.
Obviously I have a low level experience with these items that haven't been patched into the game yet.

By the way, I don't understand why you're convincing yourself that my post was written in an angry tone. I just curse a lot.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

This is Obe we're talking about. He's self-praising, and derogatory to everyone, it doesn't actually mean that he's disagreeing with you.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Obviously I have a low level experience with these items that haven't been patched into the game yet.
I wasn't talking about your level of experience with the items. I was talking about your level of experience At the game.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lol says the hentai forum regular. Go back to writing your shitty, uninspired poetry you fucking moron.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hours played =/= experience at the game.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

lol says the hentai forum regular. Go back to writing your shitty, uninspired poetry you fucking moron.
I've learned a second language well enough to write poetry good enough for some people to enjoy it and you can barely make an understandable forum post in your first language. So who's the moron here?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The stupid nerd who's trying to justify his idiotic hobby and pretend that people actually like the stupid drivel he writes.

I'm willing to admit that I play too much TF2 and it isn't productive in the slightest. Denial is unhealthy.