What's new

Fanfiction

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score
Re: Fanfiction

I've never seen an armor-less Spartan.
Then again, I haven't played all that much of Halo.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

They never lose the armor in the games. You have to read the books for that.

Also, the master chief is John-117

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

~Kingdom Hearts - Kairi
She's useless, period. Her purpose is to sit there and be the typical tits that the main hero has to save (if you believe Sora is straight, mind you... the amount of Sora/Riku fanfics is scary, though I saw it coming as soon as I got halfway through the 'tutorial' part of the first game...). About the only useful thing she does is return Sora to his normal form in KH1, and if it wasn't her, they woulda had someone else do it.
That said, I'd have to run through the games again to be sure.

~Bleach
As far as Orihime goes, she started out not so good, but she's gotten a bit better. At least she has the whole 'I reject your reality and substitute my own - one where there is no wound' thing going on.

Rukia... I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, she IS a Shinigami... on the other hand, from what I can remember without going back and reading EVERYTHING to double check, she gets her ass handed to her 9 out of 10 times and typically has to be saved by Ichigo/Renji.

~The Spartans
Yeah, I haven't read all the books, but from what I have read, there were a few female Spartans. The problem is they all got asploded with the planet except for Master Chief, a.k.a. John-117, since he was, as we know from the game, on a boa- err, ship.

~'Tales of' Series
What are your thoughts on the girls from the 'Tales' series of games? Personally, I like Sheena from Symphonia and Norma from Legendia. Sheena has that 'never quit' attitude, and Norma... well... is Norma; even if she did get annoyed by Senel, she stuck with him when the others simply said 'fuck you' (yeah they had a point, but really, telling him to wait? fuckers.)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

~The Spartans
Yeah, I haven't read all the books, but from what I have read, there were a few female Spartans. The problem is they all got asploded with the planet except for Master Chief, a.k.a. John-117, since he was, as we know from the game, on a boa- err, ship.
Actually, around 7-8 of them survived the fall of Reach, although 'survived' is an interesting term to apply to Linda who was in a coma with bad injuries. She was in the cryostasis pod next to the master chief's and he actually managed to recover her cryostasis pod intact after he blew up Halo.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Actually if you read the books they find a female spartan frozen in a sleeper pod between Halo and Halo 2. She just doesn't make an appearance in the games i think.

But yeah, in the other books you find out more survived the Glassing of Reach, because the planet wasn't fully glassed. There was something the Covenant was looking for so they kept part of the planet alive.

But yeah, female Spartans ftw.

>.>

<.<

/nerd

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Actually, around 7-8 of them survived the fall of Reach, although 'survived' is an interesting term to apply to Linda who was in a coma with bad injuries. She was in the cryostasis pod next to the master chief's and he actually managed to recover her cryostasis pod intact after he blew up Halo.
Yes. This. xD

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I loved Linda in the books.

In the new trailer for Halo: Reach they show a female Spartan with her helmet off.

OP
Goldstein

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

So, why is Kairi useless, again?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

In the new trailer for Halo: Reach they show a female Spartan with her helmet off.
<3333333333

Edit: Goldstein, cause she's like Zelda. The useless "Rescue me" character.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, she gets a bit better in KH2. Still gets kidnapped, but gets a bit better. As for her in KH, I wouldn't deem her useless so much as, I dunno how to describe it. Underplayed might be a better term for it. Yes, she gets kidnapped, but she's also a kid. She's not some princess under the protection of a squad of guards, she's got miminal (at best) fighting training. She's...a plot device. She is one of the people Sora searches for because she's important to him. He's trying just as hard to find Riku because, in the beginning, he thinks that Riku needs rescued to. The reason Kairi doesn't get limelight is because the story is about Sora and his opposition with Riku, the whole light and darkness thing. She's there to be his beacon, a driving force for him. From a writing/story perspective, I don't see that as useless, but that could just be me.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I see where your coming from Copper. Can a character designed to have such minimal fighting experience really be able to defend themselves. Think about real life as well, how many people learn how to truly fight? Or even properly defend themselves?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Wouldn't it be Epic if the next Zelda game was you actually being Zelda and rescuing yourself because Link had gone missing? Rescue him too while you're at it.

>.> That's why i liked her in WindWaker, she was a Pirate. Captain.

Anyway, from a fanfiction perspective, I enjoy female Characters when they're supportive of their Gay best friends, even if they are disappointed about it. Turning them into bitches for the sake of a plot device makes me close the story.

With the exception of Relena. She's batshit insane to begin with, so making her the crazy stalker "There's no way Heero can be gay, we're practically already married, it's fate!" character makes for good times.

Mmmm. 50 ways to kill Relena.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Eh, she gets a bit better in KH2. Still gets kidnapped, but gets a bit better. As for her in KH, I wouldn't deem her useless so much as, I dunno how to describe it. Underplayed might be a better term for it. Yes, she gets kidnapped, but she's also a kid. She's not some princess under the protection of a squad of guards, she's got miminal (at best) fighting training.
From this description, I get the idea that if you throw a Holy materia at her she'll evolve into Aerith Mk.II

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Was it just me, or did the commander guy from the trailer sound like Jensen Ackles?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

About the Kairi debate, personally, methinks that with a bit of training- or even just minimal training- and the right incentive, Kairi could be just as Sora as a protagonist. Not that we've seen much of it though- in the first game she's grabbed by Maleficent and spent most the time in comotose, and in the second, once again she's spent in the background. Stupid Square --;

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

She gets captured by Maleficent and people expect her to save herself? Sora had to go through the entire game and get all these helpers, and upgrades and everything just to fight the damn bitch.

Hell, it could have easily been reversed, and Sora wouldn't have been able to do a damn thing to save himself.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

She gets captured by Maleficent and people expect her to save herself? Sora had to go through the entire game and get all these helpers, and upgrades and everything just to fight the damn bitch.

Hell, it could have easily been reversed, and Sora wouldn't have been able to do a damn thing to save himself.
Actually started a fic similar on those lines :p just need to continue on with it... funny part is, during my first draft posting, people complained I was making Kairi 'too strong.' as opposed to?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

lol. Where did you post it? Fanfiction?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

lol. Where did you post it? Fanfiction?
I started posting parts of the rewrite here in a seperate thread on Blank Page, look for KH Oathkeeper. may try to work on it more tonight for the viewing pleasure, as I hasn't gotten really past the prolouge with the rework