Facility, Codename: Last Resort

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Facility, Codename: Last Resort

Michael turns around instantly, looking at 366 and revealing his blood-stained clothing "Good to hear you're still alive." he says, looking over at Xerberis "They were using some kinda of material that prevents them from being sensed by the ship." he says, turning back around and pointing the way he came "We're regrouping at the bridge. Boy, have I got a story to tell about that General guy." he says, walking towards a door back into the dark corridors and towards the bridge

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

She grew somber a bit as she ran with her comander at the mention of the general, though still didn't mention what the Stalker had planed for her....

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

When Melissa notices Linda sitting up and inspecting her wounds, she kneels down next to the woman and says, "Whoa, whoa, careful with those. They open up again and it means more work for me." She smiles at the woman, then continues, "Seriously though, the nanites will seal those wounds up soon enough, and you can go back to wrestling Fallen all you want. But until then, take it easy, Lin." She looks at the woman for a bit, remembering the connection the two had had, before finally becoming a bit self conscious and looking away while clearing her throat.

Walking to stand next to Adria, she asks, "The commander said his bones were shattered?" She brings a bloody hand to her blood smeared chin, not noticing her appearance yet, and says, "I'm going to need a MedLab to take care of that. Obviously it'll have to wait until after our unwelcome guests decide to give us a break, but if you could start bringing the equipment in that area online now, it'll help."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"He did."

Adria brought the systems online, making sure to keep an eye on the sensors as well.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Being suddenly lifted and hefted over her commander's shoulder managed to trigger the emergence of an odd persona, if only for a moment.

"Sir?... What are you-"

The Unit had attributed her failure as incompetence, and was ready to atone for it with her life once she could move, however...

"No sass now. I'm taking you back to the bridge where you will be safe."

If she had become offended by the promise of safety, she gave no clear sign of it in her reply, as her voice returned to its usual monotone.

"Understood sir..."

Had Ava not been conditioned to be obedient however, it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to heft a dangerous being such as her over one's shoulder. Especially when they still held an energy katana, albiet retracted katana, but an energy katana nevertheless in their remaining arm.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Linda nodded when Melissa told her not to play with the wounds, not thinking much about it. But when she called her Lin, she visibly stiffenned, staring at Melissa with shock visible on her features as Melissa stared back, and was still like that when she turned to talk to Adria.

A moment later, it clicked what had happened. Linda knew she couldn't exactly get up and confront the medic about it, soshe just caught her gaze and motioned for Melissa to come back for a moment, reaching over and replacing the stock on her sniper rifle while she waited.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

At the time, Melissa had noticed the look of shock on Linda's face, but didn't say anything. When the sniper motions to talk to her, though, Melissa knows why. The connection over the bio-neural jack must have been just as jarring for Linda as it had been for Melissa. She walks up to the woman, sheepishly avoiding her gaze before asking, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen. Are you alright?"

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Linda tried to glare at the other woman, but finds she just can't, so she settles for a pointed finger instead. "I'm going to call you on that doctor-patient confidentiality thing, 'kay? And that's a... not a medical appliance, clear?" She says with mock force, before calming down and giving her a friendly smile. "We'll talk more later, alright? I'd rather not talk around..." She let's it hang, looking around at the collected squad, her gaze staying on Micheal maybe a half second longer than the others.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa smiles back at the woman and says, "I understand. And sure we'll talk about it later" As she turns to walk away, Melissa looks back over her shoulder and says with a wink, "It's a date!"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's not..." Linda stutters out after Melissa walks away, then shrugs and finishes repairing her rifle, hoisting herself slowly onto a station much further away from the vent cover on the roof this time. Settling in, she gives her wounded arm and leg a stretch, then focuses on the doorway and waits for something to happen.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Don't look at me" Michael says, setting Ava down as he walks in the door to the bridge as Linda looks at him "I'm just here to get this ship delivered to HQ." Michael says, making sure Ava was still conscious "Oi. Ava. Melissa's gonna take care of you. Follow what she says and don't endanger yourself like last time." he says, a commanding tone in his voice "Linda. Are you okay to walk? We're going to need you on defense."

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"...Order Received, granting command access to voice pattern #988124..."

That being said, there was little that could be done for Ava despite her having wounds that would normally kill a person. As her skeleton was synthetic and required precision repairs at the molecular level, the most that a normal medic could do for her was to prevent further bleeding as her modified body regenerated itself. At this point however, with the fact that her flesh had almost been torn off her legs, it would require much more than a few bandages to accomplish even that.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Not without difficulty, sir, but I have a clear line of sight down the hall from right here." Linda says, indicating the station she is laying on, her rifle already pointed at the hall.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Adria looked at Michael for a moment then filled him in on everything else. "We encountered three of their ships when we broke orbit, all three have been dealt with."

The debris field in front of them was testament to that.

"That Fallen group heading this way has slowed up some, though they are still pushing onward. There is a second, smaller group six levels down which may be on their way here as well."

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh shit," Melissa said under her breath as Michael came in, carrying Ava. She immediately ran over to them, inspecting Michael's arm and leg, but kneeling down next to Ava and installing the bio-neural jack. She hoped Ava wouldn't react to it the same way Linda had. The readings that came back over the link were curious. The woman was badly injured, but her life signs were stable, and signs of improvement were quickly apparent. Still that bleeding had to be staunched. Turning to Michael she said sternly, "Don't move around too much. I don't want shards of bone bouncing around and cutting up anymore tissue than they already have." She looked back at the woman on the ground, then winced and turned back to Michael and said, "Uh... sir."

With her attention back on Ava, Melissa went to work, first spraying her with anti-septic spray. The woman might have some innate ability to heal, but Melissa felt better with the nanites helping her out. She then went to work on her wounds, suturing what pieces of flesh could be pushed back together, covering large wounds with steri-strips, and filling in any gaping wounds with anti-bacterial glue. There was so much damage, Melissa didn't imagine she would ever finish, but like hell would she let the woman bleed out.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I've moved around more than this with both legs broken." Michael says, wincing as he feels a shot of pain shooting up his right leg "Okay. Maybe I should take that under advisement." he says, clutching his left fist and sitting down next to the door "Bastard stepped on me and shattered my leg. Then he picked me up and twisted my right arm to hell. Felt like I was in hell for a second there." he says, looking over at Ava "From what I remember from the personnel file on her, she can regenerate. So it should be easy to fix her." he says, yawning and looking down at his right arm. "Maybe these things are a blessing. Maybe they're a curse. Who knows." he says, clutching his right arm with his left hand "Better than being normal, for sure"

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

"Regeneration or not, I'm sure exsanguination will be a problem," Melissa said, still paying more attention to Ava than Michael. With a quick, sheepish glance, she adds, "Sir," before going back to the injured woman. Melissa looked at the strange woman's face. Still conscious, seemingly not feeling pain, and simply staring straight ahead, Ava unnerved Melissa. "Don't worry Ava, you're going to be fine," Melissa says, attempting to comfort the woman, but wondering if she even needs to.

Finally, with all the visible wounds patched up and Ava's life signs steadily increasing, Melissa sat back and looked at her. Remembering how Six had talked to the woman, Melissa tries the same thing. "Uh... Command... re-prioritize energy to... healing..." Her face scrunches up as she thinks about how to word what she wants Ava to do. "Leave enough for self defense. Restrict mobility to self defense purposes. When self repairs are complete... proceed on default orders."

Once finished with Ava, Melissa turns to Michael and installs the bio-neural jack, then runs a hand over his arm and leg. "Well, the good news is there isn't any arterial damage," she says. "You aren't in much danger of bleeding out, yet." Her hand slows as it runs over the tendrils, and she pauses, lost in thought. Finally, she snaps back to reality and continued, "Bad news is your arm and leg are shot until I can get you into a med-tank." The med-tanks are large, fluid filled tanks, that use robotics and nanotechnology to perform precision surgery and tissue repair on a scale that no normal human can match. They could completely repair Michael's bones, muscles, and other tissues, but he would be unconscious for several hours.

Melissa is quiet for a moment, then gestures to the tendrils and says, "If it weren't for these, you probably would've been killed out there, along with Ava. Does it matter if they are a blessing or a curse if it means the difference between life and death? We've got more important matters to worry about." She looks at him for a second, then looks away, and blurts out, "I'm sorry, Sir. That was out of line."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Adria's head snapped up. "They're here."

A bunch of Fallen barreled their way toward the door..... Only for two be be cut in half as the door SLAMMED shut. "That won't hold them forever."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Linda fired a shot with a small grunt of pain as the door closed, downing another before it slammed shut completely. "That's alright, It'll line them up so I can knock them down, that's plenty fun. Who wants to call my next shot?" She calls out with a laugh.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"...Understood, redirecting energy to reconstructing synthetic skeleton to restore mobility."

Extending her energy blade to about a forearm's length, Ava allowed herself to close her eyes for a moment's rest... only to have it cut short by as the door slammed shut onto two Fallen. Returning to full alert, the Unit attempted to stand up with the help of her blade... only to fall face forward onto the ground pathetically. That however, did not deter her from crawling towards her energy bow lying on the ground, grabbing it, and attempt to stand once again by using the wall as a support. Leaning on the wall, she managed to prop herself in a manner to allow her to fire from the bow, although barely. Catching a faint beeping sound from the other side of the door with the assistance of her enhanced hearing, the Unit began charging an energy shot, although much smaller than ones from before.

"Explosive charge detected... It appears the Fallen are attempting to destroy the doors."

As the beeping grew faster and faster, Ava began shifting her energy field away from her legs to the bow in an attempt to charge a large blast...