What's new

tungle2604

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [RJ120635] [Eclipse works] Ariadne

Prepatched English version was posted on Nyaa.
wow, really? I haven't known that there was such a prepatch English version of a japanese game on Nyaa before, could u share me dat link ? :eek:

Last edited:

Ronin89

Banned
Reputation score

wow, really? I haven't known that there was such a prepatch English version of a japanese game before, could u share me dat link ? :eek:

now enter the name of the game and the word "nyaa"..... you can also try "English"

No need to thank me.

Lucratio

Demon Girl
Reputation score

sigh...

I know that those questions comes up a lot but he asked nicely enough, so why not just share the link?

But just to type in google is youre friend is lame ;)

@tungle2604:
hxxps://sukebei,nyaa,eu/?page=view&tid=1839825
or
hxxps://www,zeoarchives,net/2015/10/game-ariadne.html

Didn't tried the sukebei one but the one on Zeoarchives is the full game prepatched in english.

HeroMcDohl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

wow, really? I haven't known that there was such a prepatch English version of a japanese game before, could u share me dat link ? :eek:
sukebei.nyaa.se/

That's Nyaa, now just search for the title and it should be the first link that pops up. Everyone should know nyaa around here.

tungle2604

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

@tungle2604:
hxxps://sukebei,nyaa,eu/?page=view&tid=1839825
or
hxxps://www,zeoarchives,net/2015/10/game-ariadne.html
Didn't tried the sukebei one but the one on Zeoarchives is the full game prepatched in english.
Tyvm, cookie for u :p

sukebei.nyaa.se/
That's Nyaa, now just search for the title and it should be the first link that pops up. Everyone should know nyaa around here.
I've known it but not ever downloaded some RPG games got prepatched on Nyaa, except the visual novels

fagballs

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

wow, really? I haven't known that there was such a prepatch English version of a japanese game on Nyaa before, could u share me dat link ? :eek:

For new people:
  • Install 7zip to extract archives (it's free)
  • Install a torrent client. µtorrent has ads, clients like Deluge don't.
  • Click the red "download" button in the top right corner of the nyaa link, which will download a .torrent file which should be linked to your torrent client
  • Let it download (and seed it for a while if your internet is decent) and then extract the archive (depending on your torrent client it might be possible that you have to close the client first before extracting)
  • Install the corresponding RPGmaker RTP
  • Don't remove or move the archive file as long as you're seeding the torrent

And if you don't know nyaa:
Nyaa is a torrent website for Eastern stuff. sukebei.nyaa.se is the hentai section. If you go to sukebei.nyaa.se, you can press "art" and then "games" in the top left to see the latest game torrents.

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

... You know, I feel kind of silly for taking down my patreon from people complaining that I'm trying to profit off of my translations when other people are using them for linkbucks on their blogs.

Last edited:

fagballs

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

... You know, I feel kind of silly for taking down my patreon from people complaining that I'm trying to profit off of my translations when other people are using them for linkbucks on their blogs.
Yeah, the internet is full of dicks like that unfortunately. You're not even credited in the torrent info.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can get in serious legal issues because of translation if you're translating a game without consent of the author.

Make a Patreon for translation but don't publicly announce what games you're translating and I think that you're in the clear then.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Special thanks to m1zuki for the English! :D

Didn't realize you finish translating this until Dragon posted a patch version of your hard work on nyaa. Dropping a line to say thank you, and to help spread the word on who did it. :)

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

don't publicly announce what games you're translating and I think that you're in the clear then.
... Is that how it works...? :confused:

I'll have to study some law on top of everything else.

Reactions: Xil

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

... Is that how it works...? :confused:

I'll have to study some law on top of everything else.
My guess is he means that you'll be far less likely to even attract the creator's attention that way. For me personally, I'm splashing a screen at the start saying to support the original creator with a download link and a disclaimer against sharing pre-patched versions. I want to translate games for everyone, but I know that sharing pre-patched versions is not wise.

I guess if the original creator came to me and asked me to stop, I would.

Reactions: Xil

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, as long as you keep your patreon as a donation place rather than a place to sell the translation I think you'll be fine. Maybe you can keep a list of your projects somewhere else. Anyway, thanks for you work :D

My guess is he means that you'll be far less likely to even attract the creator's attention that way. For me personally, I'm splashing a screen at the start saying to support the original creator with a download link and a disclaimer against sharing pre-patched versions. I want to translate games for everyone, but I know that sharing pre-patched versions is not wise.

I guess if the original creator came to me and asked me to stop, I would.
What happens if they come after the translation is done? Would the translator be in legal trouble?

fagballs

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

What happens if they come after the translation is done? Would the translator be in legal trouble?
More than filing a copyright complaint with the file sharing service is very unlikely. Besides, they're in a completely different country and have to jump through loads of hoops to get his personal information from this forum (his IP address) and his ISP (his actual name and address).

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd simply pull it down. I'm not charging for translations, so I don't think legally there would be any issues. The only issue would be the sharing of data files, which once removed, should end it.

I'm pretty sure the only legal ramifications would occur if I refused to comply, or I was specifically selling the translation on DLsite of something. Which I completely understand.

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Life is hard... I just want to translate games so people can enjoy them, and let supporters support me if they want.

And of course I'd take down any translations if the authors disapproved of them.

Anyway, there's a bug fix in Ariadne in the "Monad" dungeon. For whatever reason the variables were different than the original version so the elevator was bugged. It's been restored, and I finally squashed the "paralized" typo in battle that annoyed me since forever.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just noticed: Ayano's Cane, description says PP+5%, but actual stats added to HP.

Puttana

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Life is hard... I just want to translate games so people can enjoy them, and let supporters support me if they want.
It sounds great! I would support you if I could. But my finances are very poor. I could suggest some interesting games (overlooked by mass of audience) which deserve translation. Some of them are not huge like Ariadne but very interesting and were never discussed in any forum. :)

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just noticed: Ayano's Cane, description says PP+5%, but actual stats added to HP.
Well after referring to the jp ver I think I'm going to rename the item Staff of Truth (理の杖).

But... as for the stats, actually the jp version has the same mistake. It is listed as +pp but the stats are actually +hp...

I'm going to go with my gut and guess the author meant to make it +pp, so I will change the stats to match the description. Thanks for the catch.