What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Dystopian Project] Claire's Quest

ziodyne

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Claire's Quest

Is this going to be like various girls from certain animes? I'm almost positive that starting picture was charlotte from infinite stratos and the 2nd h-scene is misaki from toaru majutsu no index??? I love both of those characters so thats like a +++ from me.

LikeADragon

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is this going to be like various girls from certain animes? I'm almost positive that starting picture was charlotte from infinite stratos and the 2nd h-scene is misaki from toaru majutsu no index??? I love both of those characters so thats like a +++ from me.
It's basically long blonde hair chars from different animes and I'm pretty sure I saw Kirino from Oreimo also in one of the scenes

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yep! I use imagesets of girls from different anime who fill the long blonde hair requirement for Claire's scenes. Expect a release in a day or two tops.

Gearran

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think I've found a bug in the pub (no, not the one that keeps you from leaving, another one). I walked up to the bar and bought a beer, drank the beer, got the message that she needs to go to the bathroom, then when I tried to head over, the camera stayed fixed where it was. Thought I'd let you know. Looks like this will shape up to be a great game!

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the headsup! Will try and figure it out. I encountered it in testing as well, but it was a one-off and didn't show up after that.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So I played through it and it felt somewhat like Violated Heroine, which is a good thing. I liked the dialogue because it was overall well written and the setting which isn't your typical "im going to go from X to Y and there happens to be monsters along the way"

I'm not a HUGE fan of the sampled art clips, but I get that if you're making this for free you can't go comissioning art for it. It's just odd when one picture has a complete change of art style from the last.

Outside of what's been mentioned (Inn camera getting stuck after a beer, Inn trapping you inside saying "I'm still working!" Walking on windows and shutters) I would like to suggest that you make the town a bit less cluttered, as walking from place to place is a real pain because the paths are so small and often have a chicken or sheep in my gosh darn way. Same thing in the gypsy clearing, there's one gypsy in the way of me talking to the guy until she finally walks out of the damn way.

Looking forward to more releases. With the quality of what you've got here, I could suggest considering commissioning an artist and trying to sell a game. All the other pieces are in place.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for all the suggestions and bug reports! As for selling a game - it has never been my intention to commercialize anything I create, particularly games. Original artwork is a possibility in the future, through donated artwork, but I try not to ever consider taking money as an option.

Here is VER 0.2; as usual, all feedback is welcome. In particular, please report gamebreakers ASAP if found

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

how many new H scenes to look for?

EDIT: First bug I've found whne going backwards to explore the forest. In the screen up and right of the swamp witch when you enter the map fromt he top, I stepped right and got stuck in a single tile area that I couldn't get out of. The screen has what looks like a dead soldier lying in the middle?

-With the guard that you have yo kiss in order to pass, if you talk to him again it begins the event again but closes the dialogue and you can't move any longer.

Last edited:

bgn

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

screen goes dark once i'm done with the soldiers at the checkpoint.

NeerHeer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

gamebreaker in the barracks game rape scene in version 2.0, it leaves you stuck on a blackscreen after you finish it. In addition, if you bypass by paying 100 tales, and then enter the barracks, it begins the gangrape scene.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks guys, will get started on fixing those ASAP!

trees

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There seems to be a problem where any scene relating to the soldiers in the barracks now, once the dialogue is finished and the screen fades to black, will leave you faded to black stuck there. You can still access the menu, but ever the teleporter does not save you from this bug. Which is a shame because I have a hunch where that secret cave is and now I can't get to it.

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How do you get her to actually use the restrooms? Every time she says they're icky and refuses to use them.

stareh

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There seems to be a problem where any scene relating to the soldiers in the barracks now, once the dialogue is finished and the screen fades to black, will leave you faded to black stuck there. You can still access the menu, but ever the teleporter does not save you from this bug. Which is a shame because I have a hunch where that secret cave is and now I can't get to it.
I found a workaround while it get fixed, once ur back at the black screen, open ur inventory and activate the full map, when u close the map, you can see again

trees

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I found a workaround while it get fixed, once ur back at the black screen, open ur inventory and activate the full map, when u close the map, you can see again
Thanks for the help.

Also, OP, is there any estimation on release time for the next demo version?

Darg777

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Lot of potential, from what I've seen so far it seems like it'll be a great game once it's fully fleshed out. Not quite sure how to trigger the "trigger" to get her to use the toilet, but by forcing it I found that after the toilet rape scene the man doesn't disappear. Might just be because of how I triggered it, but I don't know. Only other gripes I have with it is that the chickens/other animals and the children tend to get in the way when trying to move around town, some even trapping you in corners, so just FYI. Looking forward to seeing what comes of the project.

Xerah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm also getting the black screen after the barracks, but this is great so far. I always appreciate it when games give the player some say in how the protagonist reacts to things. Keep it up!

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The trigger for the toilet is drinking alcohol. Once you buy booze and drink it, a message pops up saying she needs to use the restroom. Alternatively, a high enough slut level gets her to use the restroom as well.

Might improve the clutter in the next version. I was aiming at creating a cramped, refugee-filled town atmosphere. Seems like its a little too much!

Expect some delay in the next release, I work full-time and am only able to work on this game every now and then.

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I wasn't able to use the toilet, even after drinking alcohol in the newest version.