What's new

VN/TEXT RPG ADV Patreon Active [Droid Productions] Love of Magic [1.0.1]

droidproductions

Reputation score
capsule_f95zone.png
Love of Magic is an erotic Urban Fantasy VN/Sandbox. Welcome to Edinburgh, where Magic is real, Gods drink in your local tavern, and the cute girl in your class might just be the fae princess of your dreams. Newly awoken to the Spark, and hunted by undead creatures, you have arrived to master your magic. What awaits, though, is a Destiny 1500 years in the making. Love of Magic is deeply inspired by Persona 4/5, and features a sandbox world with activities and characters, mixed with an ever ticking calendar. Book 1 ends on Dec 31st 2019, so... Grow strong. Become wise. Find your allies. And find true love.​

The complete version of Love of Magic, Book 1 (The Crown) can be downloaded from here:

Win32: - - - -
Win64: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Linux: - - -
Android: - - - -

Fetishes: virginity, harem, blowjob, anal, vaginal, bukkake

Sounds interesting? Why ?

Other places Love of Magic can be found:
| | | |

If you're curious how it plays, here's a few minutes from the opening sequence

Last edited:
OP
droidproductions

droidproductions

Reputation score
Why do the Mega links require going through f95zone? I don't want to make an account there.
It's because I grabbed the HTML from there; they mask them to stop MEGA from deleting the files. Having said that, this is an older version. Latest public release is 0.6.22b (the naming convention is that this is the 22nd build of Act VI of the game), which completes the first book of the trilogy. It's around 10-12 hours of gameplay (or a more, if you decide to spend time playing the RPG/Combat game in the randomly generated paths of Elsewhere). The key inspiration, mechanism-wise, was Persona 4/5, so you have a key calendar that moves you forward, as well as optional side-quests, slice of life stories to discover, and repeatable tasks you can go spend time on.

Here's 0.6.22b
Win32: - -
Win64: - -
Mac: - -
Linux: - -
Android: - -

I'm at 1.0.1 [RC3] right now; the final build of Book 1 is about done, though still getting QA'ed, and will be hitting Steam in the next couple of weeks. It adds another side-story, fixes some bugs and typos, does some balancing and adds achievements, but it doesn't advance the story beyond 0.6.22b. If you're interested in testing it out, you can always head over to the .

Attachments

OP
droidproductions

droidproductions

Reputation score
One of the things I've enjoyed was picking up OBS and AfterEffects to make stuff for the game. As I sit here building the release version of the game, I thought I'd share some of the videos I've made up through the last year, and talk a little about them.

One of the first things I did was start recording myself working. I've got a slightly weird workflow; the characters are rendered in DAZ, then animated in Spine, which lets me play them back at 60fps in Unity.

I do this for both the animating headshots (usually ~300 frames / expression, to stop the blinking from being too obvious) and the bodies (usually ~90 frames per idle cycle). Here's Emily, the primary LI, going through some of her emotions. Most characters have only 3-5 emotion, but Emily ended up with 15.

Here's a full timelapse of one of her outfits from DAZ->Spine->Unity->Scripting. Even with Timelapse on it ends up being quite long, so probably best for anyone especially interested in this:

I then started experimenting with Adobe After Effects (AE). Initially I used ; someone's put together a project, and you 'fill in the blanks'; in this small promo video I made for Patreon someone else had set up the 'book', and I merely filled out the pages. It was a nice way to learn about AE; the people putting together are usually masters at their craft, and as a programmer deeply out of my depth I spent a lot of time trying to decipher what was going on.

As I grew (a little) more familiar with AE, I started doing my own stuff. This started its life as an animating icon for my site, and eventually grew into the main in-game logo. It's using the free from Video Co-Pilot (those guys are pretty much a must-watch for anyone interestined in AE in general).

OP
droidproductions

droidproductions

Reputation score

As I grew a little more confident at my own AE skill I went back and tried to improve the opening days of the game. This is the Day 1 encounter that changes MC's life. (It also marked the end of my Youtube streaming days, as I picked up a Community Strike for nudity in another video).

For anyone curious about how these things are done, I also did a shot breakdown, of how the thing was built. The Adult Games Community is an interesting mix of consumers, prosumers and professionals, and a surprising number of people like these little peeks behind the curtain.

One thing that Love of Magic is quite well known for is the Game of Friends; as I have nice interactions with adult creators online, I often ask if they want to be added to the game as little snippets. They're all worth playing ;)

And with that... Love of Magic, Book 1: The Crown is complete. I'll finish building the game now (which sadly hogs my PC, or I'd be playing Cyberpunk 2077). The story continues in Book 2: The War.