What's new

Drawings from Sin

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Drawings from Sin

Okay, so I've looked a bit around, and I've come to consider a few things.

1. The back/shoulder should be altered somewhat to better show that we're not seeing this character straight from behind, but a bit from the side as well, if that makes sense. As it is now, the Y-shaped pattern on the back messes with the perspective. Would it be possible to make it seem like the Y's arm to the right reaches an apex and then starts descending down the front? I'm not sure if that makes sense.

2. Since we're seeing her back a bit from the right, I think you need to show a line that indicates her stomach on the right side, and maybe hide the left boob's outline. I think that'll solve the issue of the waist appearing to thin at this point. (basically, the outline of the hip on the left side should be a smaller line within the body of the figure, if that makes sense.)

3. The top of the butt-crack should have a little line on top of the left butt cheek as well, making a small Y-shape, imho.

4. To detail the lower leg a bit more, I suggest drawing a shape like this: ) ( on the back of the ankle to indicate the achilles tendon.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I will try to soak all of that in.

In the mean time, should the "( )" for ankles be on the insides or outsides of ankles?
(I always get it mixed up.)

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The ")(" hape should be on the back of the foot, right above the actual heel.

Check out the pic I sent you elsewhere. :)

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The ")(" hape should be on the back of the foot, right above the actual heel.

Check out the pic I sent you elsewhere. :)
Got it, thanks.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Made some changes.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I really like what you've done to the shoulder/upper back. :D

This was a challenging pose, kudos to your for staying with it. :)

EDIT: Oh, and the breasts and stomach redoing makes the perspective a lot clearer, great.

Last edited:
OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Been too darn busy to draw, but finally got a bit of time in earlier.

Last edited:
OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hinata

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Changed some things.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

The arms look off. The shoulders i can rationalize because the arms positioning. I would say that the forearms look longer than the upper arm. Moreso with the one on the left side of the picture.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The arms look off. The shoulders i can rationalize because the arms positioning. I would say that the forearms look longer than the upper arm. Moreso with the one on the left side of the picture.
I agree. It was the first time drawing the hands in such a way as they'd wrap around the arm or waist, so with the hand on the right I added fingers and tried to indicate that just the tips can't be seen because they are grasping her other arm.

I could try to do the same with the hand grabbing the waist.

Edit:
And the way things are, I think the right side of the pictures hand looks too small, but I don't have any room to make it bigger I think.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I agree...

And the way things are, I think the right side of the pictures hand looks too small, but I don't have any room to make it bigger I think.
I would suggest possibly either balling the hand into a fist like pose or possibly trying to convey that the fingers are going between the body and the arm on the other side kind of like a holding her ribs pose.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks better to me, keep at it Sin.
;)
Thanks TripleD's.
:)

I would suggest possibly either balling the hand into a fist like pose or possibly trying to convey that the fingers are going between the body and the arm on the other side kind of like a holding her ribs pose.
Ok, her left hand, which is on the left hand side of the screen I have in fist pose, does it not look right that way?

Her right hand I can try to put holding her ribs, but wouldn't be very visible under her giant breasts.

Thanks for the idea's.
;)

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Hands are probably the hardest thing that I ever tried to draw. Such a pain in the ass to get "right" for me. I think the issue is more that the forearms are too long than anything.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hands are probably the hardest thing that I ever tried to draw. Such a pain in the ass to get "right" for me. I think the issue is more that the forearms are too long than anything.
More like below?

Sorry I haven't had much time for drawing lately, had a bit of time so I worked on the hands above, and yes, they are a pain in the rear.
;)

Last edited:

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

I think the left side arm that crosses over to the right in the drawing is probably best left to be hidden behind the other arm completely. I would say to just change the angle of the bend in the arm so that it is essentially just going behind the other arm and underneath her breasts almost as a support.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Unless there's some trickery with the perspective here, the hand is way too small. As a general rule, a hand, when fingers are spread, should be about large enough to cover the face.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Been super busy.

Anyhoo,
I was inspired by Vadim, and had 30 minutes to kill.

OP
Sin

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wife went to bingo, had a bit of time to draw, came up with the below, any feedback?

She's standing in a doorway, one leg is closer to us than the other, the one in back looks a bit smaller.

It's incomplete, and can be/will be changed.​

Haven't had much time to draw, been working, got my kids an Xbox One, wife some new gear, also we'll be moving within the month, been SUPER BUSY.
:eek: