OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Naltaibur (GargantuaBlarg)

HP = 33/41, PP = 47, EP = 5/44, Status = +9 Resistance, Allsight

The man went off at Naltaibur's mental command, running off to the street and then turning and moving out of sight. The violent command was one that she wouldn't need to hold a link to him to maintain, and so she felt the link break shortly after he was gone. Whether it was because he was dead, or for some other reason, Naltaibur did not know.

The girls bruises healed from her lesser magics, ones that required none of her own power to cast, but even though she stirred, she didn't wake up. She was incredibly light, but even as such, Naltaibur knew that she wouldn't be carrying her very far before she became exhausted. She most definitely couldn't run while carrying her, and with her magical energies already heavily drained, there would be little chance of winning any fights she got into, if she ran into something else.

The back door of the church was closed and locked, which was both a good and a bad thing. It suggested that there might be someone inside who had weathered the invasion. But it also meant that she would have to either find another way inside, or use the bell pull. The street around her was clear, but there were puddles of grey goo lying all over the places, suggesting that some of the creatures who had invaded and destroyed Therion had been here at one point or another. Noise might attract attention, but there weren't many other options obviously available to her.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Naltaibur made her way to the church's rear door, the adrenaline from the seconds-long fight fled her, and she found herself unnaturally tired. She'd expended practically the entirety of her magical reserves in the time it had taken that unfortunate man - first turned into a thrall that knew only anger, and then sent off by her in the hopes that he would just die - to run from where the girl had lain to her, and then back - just barely a few seconds. With her spiritual strength drained, her the stresses on her physical strength the day had brought her were all the more apparent...

Somehow, Naltaibur managed to drag her rescuee to the back of the church's door, despite her leaden legs and the ragged gasping from inside her mask. She leaned on the door frame a moment to catch her breath, noting that the door, was still intact. She tested the handle, but the door held firm... which meant she'd need to ring the bell. Her hand went up without thinking - but her fatigued mind still had prescence enough to stop it just before it touched the rope. If it attracted any unwanted attention, she'd be done for... Instead, she summoned up some of the remaining dregs of her power, using it to fuel the expansion her mind through the wall in front of her and into the church, looking for presences inside... and if they were conscious, friendly, hostile... or unintelligible altogether, as the invader's were.

Using Telepathy to mindsweep the church: 2 EP (oh God I thought it was 1)
I'm not sure how Perception works but I guess I have +25 to it
I also believe I'm supposed to pay upkeep on Allsight, unless that's waived with the whole "buffs don't cost upkeep anymore" thing. If we tally those costs up I might just pass out retroactively
I totally also forgot to loot the dead chicks again, didn't I.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HP = 33/41, PP = 47, EP = 1/44, Status = Extremely Low on Energy

Rolls
Right you are! But as I didn't notice it, you won't be penalized for it by being knocked out.
Perception: Success!

Naltaibur felt some sort of force resisting her attempt as she tried to push her mind through the walls of the church. It wasn't a strong resistance, however; being more like trying to wade through water than running into a stone wall. A moment later, and the exhausted doctor had pushed through it, and into the empty space of the church proper. Psychic tendrils combed the building for signs of life, finding many traces of it, until finally, she touched upon a mind. The connection opened hesitantly, before a slightly frightened man's voice spoke into her thoughts; 'Hello? Who is this?'

A crashing sound from one street over alerted Naltaibur to movement, though it didn't completely spoil her concentration. She felt the ground shaking slightly, as though some massive creature was moving across it, and coming closer with every step.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Mistletoe Youth's Troupe," she said, her memory swimming with exhaustion. "Would you like to buy some cookies?"

The loud crash brought her back to the present - her days in the Troupe were long past, back when her skin was allowed to see the light of day.

She was now leaning on the door for support, and felt her magical constructs waver... and then finally fall apart. Her mental barrier dissolved, and her vision dimmed. She was long past drained.

"No, this is Naltaibur Slybelqua, Healer and Graduate of the Crolian Academy of Magic. I and my patient are badly in need of sanctuary and we are unable to seek it elsewhere, please let us in through the the rear door, before any of the invaders find us here."

Try as she might, Naltaibur's "voice" over the mental link sounded weak, even to her - she wanted to command some authority, in case the man hesitated... but there was nothing that could be done about that now. She eased the victim down, leaning her against the door she relied on so heavily for support - she knew that, were her spiritual power to dissipate completely, she would go comatose like her patient as well. She didn't want to risk dropping her and cracking her skull or spine with impact with the ground... though, considering the alternatives, it might well have been the preferable option.

With the victim propped up, back against the sturdy door, the mental connection with the man inside sputtered and closed, Nal's energies no longer able to feed it. She could think of little else outside of the two thoughts that ran through it then - hope, that they might find rest; and regret, for having overextended herself, leaving her and her ward vulnerable.

Drop EVERYTHING. Allsight, Res buff. Can I stay conscious if I drop telepathy after sending that last message? If yes, then drop it like it's hot. If no, welp.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HP = 41, PP = 47, EP = 44, Status = Fine

Naltaibur felt her head begin to throb painfully as she kept up the mental link even as her energies failed her. She felt the man's confusion transmitted across the failing mental link in response to her addled mind's words, but she got her real message across before he could respond. She felt the quaking of the ground increase, and a glance behind her revealed a piece of building crumbling down, revealing flashes of grey flesh. As her energies failed, and Naltaibur's mental link began to crumble, she received a garbled response, barely intelligible particularly to her exhausted mind. 'I...... Which... Entra..... It? Hello? Whi...... Was it? I couldn't under.... You!'

Naltaibur slumped to the ground, slowly sliding down the stone wall of the church, and watching through the goggles of her mask as a massive grey arm tore a chunk from the collapsing building, and one of the behemoths began pulling itself out into the street. It had no eyes, so Naltaibur couldn't tell where it was looking, but she and the girl she'd rescued were out in the open, meaning that it would only take a glance to spot them as they laid against the side of the church. She fought with all of her will to stave off the encompassing blackness, but she simply couldn't stay conscious through the pain and exhaustion. As the blackness faded, Naltaibur's last sight was of the massive creature pulling itself from the wreckage of a collapsing building, and of a bolt of lightning cracking the sky behind it in half.....

The sound of thunder caused Naltaibur to awaken, the roar from the sky above bringing her to full wakefulness from what had been a dead sleep in an instant. She felt a hard surface under her back, but her head had laid on a pillow, and a blanket had been laid over her. A quick glance around, and Naltaibur realized that she'd been brought into the church and laid out on a pew. Her mask and cloak had been laid aside on the pew at her feet, leaving her mutated skin exposed, but there was also a man sitting in the pew a short distance away from her. Longish blond hair partially concealed a rugged face, and he wore the trappings of a priest of the thunder god, an ornate scale mail suit of armor with his symbol on the chest of it. A hammer and a longsword were laid out across his lap, the weapons of his god within reach of his hands at all times, but he had his head bowed forward in prayer.

He seemed to sense her stirring, however, and opened a pair of bright blue eyes to glance her way, smiling as he saw that she was awake. She got a better view of his face then, and he looked older than she'd first imagined He spoke quietly, but it echoed throughout the chamber, and had a sense of power behind it that Naltaibur couldn't quite explain. "You are awake. Good. Are you feeling alright, my daughter?"

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The boom of thunder deafened Naltaibur's ears. With her vision swimming, she could just barely make out it's impact near the behemoth before blackness claimed her, uttering thanks to the Thunder God as it did.

Naltaibur came to, the odd feeling of returning to consciousness slowly becoming more and more familiar to her. She couldn't remember what had happened... there had been a-

CRACK! The sound of a thunderbolt brought it all back - she was about to pass out, on the door step at the rear of the church, and a giant had been barrelling it's way toward her, ripping though houses like nothing. Is it still here?!, she thought, panicking.

The feel of her protective clothing absent on her skin only increased her panic - had they stripped her!? Where was the girl!? What -

Her eyes searching for enemies instead found the familiar walls of the Thunder God's church, and she realized she was not in the clutches of the invader armies, but... safe.

Safe... but naked. And if anyone saw... wait, hadn't there been a man sitting next to her?

A quick glance confirmed that there indeed was. She almost shrieked, throwing the blanket up and covering herself up as best she could with it, hiding her discolored face by clutching it closed at her nose, only her eyes peeking out. Even worse, she thought, were the not one, but two penises she had sprouting from her groin! If he saw those, he'd know... her left hand pulled the blanket down, covering up her source of shame - but her hand was tinted purple, a far cry from her natural gray. It had been so long since anyone had seen her out of her clothes, she could only pray he wouldn't notice.

A draft reminded her of her bare legs. Especially her left... which was wholly an orc's green. Without enough blanket to wrap herself in and the man already turning to look at her, she did all she could think of - roll off the pew, kneeling to conceal more of her tainted body.

"You are awake. Good. Are you feeling alright, my daughter?"

Clutching the cloth around her tight, hunched over, she replied, eyes on the floor. "Y-yes, father. Where is my patient? And... do you have a place I could get dressed in?"

I so I can spend XP now, right? I think I'm gonna put all 8 into just increasing Mind - though, I'll wait until an approval to actually change the sheet?

Do I know his name? ...Do I know the Thunder God's name?

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man smiled patiently at Naltaibur as she flailed about, and sighed as she eventually tumbled off of the pew completely. The sound of her reaction to the man's presence echoed throughout the Thunder God Doraleous's temple, and the man watched her reaction with that slight smile still upon his face. To her question's, the man calmly responded; "The girl you were found with is already awake, and is recovering well from her wounds. She has asked after you, and I can bring you to her once you are decent once more. Your garments were removed and set aside when we found you, and you may get dressed in one of the confessional booths as soon as you feel up to it." He pointed toward a small booth in the corner of the room, which Naltaibur could just barely see over the edge of the pews around her from her position on the ground.

The man rose, towering over her ominously, but he was still smiling slightly as he pointed off toward a door next to the altar. "Those who have taken sanctuary here tend to stay in the quarters of the priest. They are just through that door, there. You need but to knock, and one of them will let you in." He began casually walking away, and entered the door opposite the one he had pointed to a few moments later, giving Naltaibur a fairly short window in which to speak to him.

Her clothing was still right next to her, on the pew she'd been laid up on, and the stone floor she was lying on was EXTREMELY cold. After a few moments, she would be alone, and free to go into the booth in order to change if she wanted. There wasn't anyone else out here in this part of the church, however, and she could just as easily change out here, if she wanted to.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Thank you, father." She remained in her huddled position until he was out of sight, at which point she straightened up to watch him disappear through the door on the other side of the room. She was a little unnerved... when he'd gotten up, he'd towered over her, from her position low on the floor, seeming all too similar to her first encounter with the invaders that had destroyed her beautiful city. She knew in her mind he wasn't a giant - just a man, a fellow citizen of Therion, but she couldn't help shiver at the thought...

...Or...

Or perhaps it was just the cold. As soon as she knew the priest was no longer there, she snatched up her things, trying as best as she could to remain covered within the safety of her blanket. She made her way over to the confessional, eager for the added privacy... but couldn't help eye the booth, wondering if anyone were in there to listen... or perhaps peek. Feeling silly, she tried her best to dress with the blanket draped over her - hurriedly tugging everything on, and then adjusting them secure once she'd put them all on. She checked for her weapons and her sack, making sure they were secured into place as well, as well as in easy reach, should she need them.

That done and feeling much less exposed in her thick clothing, she made her way to the room the priest had said her patient was in - the priest's quarters.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man didn't stop or glance back her way, and the door he entered was lightly shut after he disappeared from sight, leaving Naltaibur alone and free to get dressed. After walking into the booth, still draped in the blanket she had been covered in and awkwardly carrying her clothing and gear, the mutated elf found it to be a small room with nothing except a bench, and a screen on one of the walls. The barrier was opaque, allowing sound to pass, but anyone on the other side at least wouldn't be able to see her.

After a few awkward moments in the close quarters, the task of juggling her things as she dressed and keeping the blanket preserving her decency from herself was completed. All of her gear was present and accounted for, including her mask, and she stepped out of the booth once more hidden from the world.

The door that the priest had pointed her to was locked, but remembering his instructions, she knocked, and a few moments later, an oddly familiar male voice called out through the door; "Who goes there?"

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Naltaibur, doctor, you and the other man pulled me off the street just now," Naltaibur replied through the door. "I'm hear to check on the woman I brought with me, father, may I come in?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Other man? What are.... Never mind, hold on." The voice replied, and then a series of clicks occurred just before the door opened. A man was standing on the opposite side, holding a a crossbow in both hands that was only half lowered. He was on the thin side, his face pale and wan, making the heavy crossbow in his hands almost overly large in comparison. Still, he was also wearing a shirt of scale mail over his clothing, and wore a longsword at his belt.

"Come on in then." He said, stepping aside and allowing Naltaibur to enter the chambers. As she walked past him, he shut the door, and she was able to see the others within the room. There were three other men and two other women, one of whom was the girl she had rescued. The girl that she had rescued was sitting on a chair, her legs crossed and a book clutched in her hands. She was still bruised badly, but she looked up from her book as Naltaibur entered and smiled slightly. She was wearing a long blue gown that was too big on her, making her look like a child wearing her mother's clothing due to her exceedingly thin frame. The other woman was much older and more solidly built, her blond hair and crystal blue eyes marking her as a northerner. She was kneeling on the floor, hugging herself and staring off into space, though she did glance at Naltaibur and offer a twitch of her expression as the fully garbed doctor entered.

Two of the other three men were dressed much like the one who had opened the door for her to enter, wearing scale armor and similarly armed. One was sitting at a table and working on his crossbow, and he completely ignored Naltaibur. The other was standing against the wall, his weapon leaned against the wall next to him and his arms crossed over his chest. He nodded to Naltaibur as she turned her beaked head his way. The last man was much larger than the others, so burly and wide that he seemed to be almost as large as two men, but he was also fairly old. He wore robes underneath the scale armor that was decorated in the sigils of Doraleous as the man who had awakened her had been, and she could tell that he had gone to seed some time ago, allowing his muscles to begin to fade to flab. A hammer sat next to him, its head flat on the floor so that its handle stuck up, within easy reach. The man rose from his rocking chair, towering over Naltaibur as he stepped closer, but he was smiling warmly as he said; "It is good that you have awakened, my daughter. We feared that you would be among those fallen to whatever darkness that had come upon our home."

The room was clearly designed for the entertainment and comfort of guests. A fireplace was burning on the far side of the room, and there were several shelves of books and aesthetically arranged crystalline ornaments spread throughout the room. Another door was off in the far right corner, closed and barred. The priest continued to speak; "I am Father Uldic, and these three are Aluwin;" He pointed to the man who had let her in; "Caden" He pointed to the man leaning against the wall, who nodded to her again; "And Jax." He pointed to the man working on his crossbow, who continued to ignore her.

"Gloria I believe you have already met;" The girl she had rescued beamed at her, or at least tried to through the bruises on her face; "And Margaret is the one in prayer." He said, glancing at the woman who was kneeling on the floor. "You said that you are a doctor?" He continued, hope in his voice.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Naltaibur gave a quick bow of her head to each in turn. When Uldic had finished introducing them all, she turned back to look at him before she spoke. "Aye father. I haven't fallen to them yet, and it'll stay that way if I have any say in it." Brief memories of her earlier encounters with them flashed through her mind... the memory of how good that girl's throat had felt and being completely filled by the invader's giant quickly replaced by the red of crushed men and cracked skull. But it was true - despite the carnal passions she'd experienced with them, and their seeming dominance of her thoughts... the invaders had sacked her home and killed so many of her people. She would not bow to them.

"Anyway... yes, sir. I'm Naltaibur, healer, trained at the Academy. My home is... was just near here, though I don't work out of it. Old Amlid's adopted daughter?" She glanced at Gloria before turning back to Uldic. "Well, either way... I'll get to work," she said, and stepped toward the thin rescuee. "Do you have other injured? Or... just others? Who was that man I met outside?"

As she made her way over to the girl, she whispered the mantra for her healing magic. She concentrated it into her hand, and slowly wiped her thumb across a bruise - the skin returning to it's normal color as her gloved digit passed over it. She pushed the rest of the magic through, letting it flood through the girl. "Does that feel any better? Where else does it hurt?" she asked, turning until Gloria's face was visible through the glassed holes in her mask. Though she asked, she knew the bruises the girl had taken were extensive, and she muttered her spell again, ready to repair her wounds. With her failure to kill the behemoth she'd first seen, and knowing how many more people it had likely killed after she fled, assuaging this one's pain would be some small effort against the invader's terror.

L1 healing, repeat as necessary on her. :x

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When Naltaibur mentioned that she was the adopted daughter of Amlin, the man raised an eyebrow, and said; "You are the physician that had a shop a short ways from here, correct? I have heard good things of you." When she asked if they had other injured, Uldric nodded darkly and said; "There are three in the other room that you must see to, as soon as you can."

"But... Who else was out there? We left you out there alone in case you had been changed, and there are no other men here. All of the ones that have taken sanctuary are in here or in the bedrooms, unless someone is hiding up in the tower." He continued as Naltaibur moved toward Gloria. The girl winced slightly as her bruised face was touched, but as the bruises cleared, she smiled weakly. "That's not necessary, really." She said weakly, her voice hoarse, and the sound of it made Naltaibur glanced at her neck, which had severe bruises all around it. It took a fair amount of magic to restore the girl, but there didn't seem to be any permanent or severe damage, and she looked much better after Naltaibur worked her spell almost a dozen times. "Thank you, Doctor Naltaibur." Gloria said, quietly, her smile genuine and unblemished now that the bruises had been tended to.

She was fairly pretty, even if she was on the thin side, her face strongly sculpted and angular while her eyes were a pleasant bright green. "That was all, really, I'm fine. You should go see to the others. But thank you again! For that and... For rescuing me."

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The doctor stared through her masks's eyeholes, giving the green-eyed girl a last quick once-over. She frowned... she wanted to give her a more thorough examination, but it was obvious this was neither the time nor place, with several more waiting to be treated and the room they were in filled by many other people.

But more than that, she wondered if this girl really knew how close she'd been to oblivion. Had she acted any slower, she might have joined the hordes of once-Therionians that now helped to destroy their own city... Naltaibur opened her mouth tell her such, but closed it again. Let her have her peace, for now - it would doubtless be far less easy to come by in the days ahead. Instead, she simply nodded.

Getting back to her feet from her position kneeling next to Gloria, Naltaibur turned back to Uldric, picking up where they'd left off, unable to have kept speaking as she worked. "Are you sure no other priest is taking shelter here? When I awoke, there was another priest in prayer sitting beside me - aged man, weathered face, hair blonde and about so-long?" she said, holding her hand up around her neck, indicating the length of the mystery man's hair. "He had an impressive looking set of scale mail on, one of Doraleous' symbols, and a hammer and longsword. As soon as I woke, he told me to look for you in here, and then he left, through the door opposite this room. Surely he was one of your faith?"

"Though, at any rate... I should look at your others, before they worsen. Could one of you come with me? I want to know what happened to each one before I heal them." She went over to the door. "The worst off first, please. Through here, you said...?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Uldric shook his head at Naltaibur's question. "No, as far as I know, we are the only ones hiding out here. I know of a few priests of my own order that would fit that description who are here in Therion, but I don't know why one of them would hide his presence from us. The hammer is a common weapon of my order, and many prefer to keep a sword at hand as well."

When she asked to see the other injured that they had, Uldric nodded and headed for the door himself. "I will show them to you myself. We are safe here, so long as the wards hold." He said, and then opened the door to the other room. A small passageway lined with six more closed doors was beyond it. "These are our private chambers. Normally, there would only be four brothers here to watch after things, and the other two kept as guest quarters, but we're a little short on space here." He led her down the hall, and turned to the last door on the right.

"Those in here are the ones with the most severe wounds... Of the flesh at any rate." He continued, and then opened the door. A fairly small and simply furnished bedroom lay beyond, a comfortable arrangement for a single person perhaps, but the four people who were crammed inside made it seem fairly tight. Two women were lying on the bed, and two men were lying on cots that had been laid out on the floor. Both women were badly bruised, like Gloria, but they looked as though they had gotten far worse than the lithe human girl. The two men wore the same sort of scale armor as Aluwin, Caden and Jax, and both looked to have been fighting the larger invaders. One had been beaten half to a pulp, his face one massive bruise and one of his arms was broken, a jagged edge of bone sticking out of his flesh. The other was missing one of his legs, the bloody stump covered in bandages, and she could smell that the wound was going septic from here. The one legged man also had his armor crushed in several places, as though he had been lifted in two massive hands.

All of them were unconscious, which was probably a good thing given their injuries. The two men were young, and of a similar build as the other three warriors she had seen, thin and athletic as opposed to Father Uldric's burly physique. Both had dark hair and cleanly shaven faces, though they weren't similar enough to be brothers by her guess. Both of the women were older, but not yet reaching middle age, one an elf with long cherry-colored locks that half covered her crushed face, and the other a human with slightly shorter, sandy brown hair. "These four fought the invaders, and payed the price for it. I fear to think of what the creatures outside might be capable of if they were properly armed, rather than just using their fists."

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Naltaibur was silent as she entered the room, going in first when Uldric opened the door for her, assessing the damage to the four badly injured men and women that were packed into the room. The two women looked even worse than Gloria had... but even so, the men looked worse. The invaders had come out of seemingly nowhere just to use them to sate their lusts on Therion's female folk, if her first encounter was any indication of their intentions. They'd held back against them somewhat - evidently, unwilling to paste the ones they could still "use".

The men, however, had no such benefits, as the the two before her demonstrated. From what she had seen the giant do to the squad of guards that had been decimated right on her doorstep, they were lucky to even be alive at all.

But, "lucky to only be broken" wasn't good enough for Naltaibur. The stump of that man's missing leg was the biggest problem here - she would have to attend to it first.

She unwound the bandages around the man's stump, exposing the raw tissue underneath. As it came off, Naltaibur recited another of the basic spells of healing - changing a few words at the end. Her hand grew hot as soon as she uttered the last word of power, and she passed it over the man's stump, hoping to sterilize the open wound enough to reverse the growing sepsis that was already clear from the scent permeating the room.

Once she was satisfied with the state of his leg, she turned inwards, erecting a focus around her magical center, to enhance the power of her magic. This one was much simpler than the focus she had built during her short combat with the invader's giant; Naltaibur merely created a small sink, and siphoning a miniscule measure of ambient power to bolster her healing spells with extra energy, rather than running them through foci and patterns of power as she had before.

With a tiny bit of magic beginning to pool around her, she turned to look at Uldric. "These are wounds are quite bad, but I think I can restore... most of them. You have more for me to tend as well?"

After he had responded, she turned back to the man with the missing leg before her, and contemplated her next step. Unless he was fully ambulatory, it would be nigh impossible for him to - ugh, stand a chance against the gray tide that had beset the city. But, regrowing a whole limb was no child's play - she wasn't sure if she would be up to doing any of the others after it.

She stepped back. "I don't know if I'll have the strength left to restore the other three after him... I think it best if I treat him last. ...I'm sorry to ask, father Uldric, but while I work on the others, could you help me take off his armor? I'm not familiar with removing it, and crushed as it is, I don't think it's helping them. ...Carefully, please."

She got to work on the second man instead, sterilizing the bone and inside of his arm where it had broken through the skin, before setting the bone back in it's place. She then washed restorative magic over it, allowing it to knit as she worked on his horrible bruise. It looked bad - and with it all over his face, she hoped his brain wasn't swelling on top of it.

Once she was satisfied that he would recover fully and wasn't in danger of dying, she looked over the other two women - using her magic to eradicate the most dangerous looking bruises and ensure they weren't in any danger of dying. She couldn't spend her time alleviating their injuries wholesale, as she had done with Gloria, however - that would have to wait.

Once satisfied that the other three were stable, Naltaibur went to stand over the first that she'd looked over. Were there any armor left on him, Naltaibur would help Uldric get it off, following his instructions. When he was freed of his crushed mail, she placed her hands over him, and cast a last preparatory spell - one of her own she'd come up with. The spell's magic flowed from her core and clustered at his leg, saturating it with healing magic glimmering in anticipation. Then, she focused.

She imagined him whole, and called upon the idea of wholeness and good health, that she had learned from her father and from the Academy. Power drained from her core, and she scribed into the air above him with a finger as she spoke, writing out ancient glyphs of restoration. Though she spoke the spell in a whisper, it was nevertheless clearly audible throughout the small chamber, reverberating from wall to wall. To her magic vision, shining white light poured from her hands into the man under her, and she knew that even to a non-mage, there was a visible glimmer in the air...

THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED

- L1 healing on him to stave off ye infection (L1)
- Then L1 Body buff to my Mind stat (should be +12, I think, with 28 mind and Healer?)
- Mind = 28+12= 40
- L1 healing on the other guys.
Experimental Body spell Prepare* and then L5 healing on one-leg, to restore ye limb.
BC = 27 + 12 (body focus) = 39 I think VS DC 40
Heal 1d8+[8]x5 (better of 2 rolls)

Please for to not nat1[/size]

Total cost in EP: 12

Prepare - Level 3 only, utility - Similarly to Diagnose, this spell affects abnormalities in the target's physiology. Rather that shining, though, this magic gathers around the target's afflictions, bolstering any healing magic affecting them. For [a couple turns or something?], the recipient of this spell rolls twice for each healing spell and takes the better result.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HP = 41, PP = 47, EP = 32/44, Status = Fine, +12 Mind (lvl1)

The one legged man stirred and groaned as she unwound the filthy bandages around his amputated limb, but he didn't truly awaken even as she passed her hand over the stump, magically cleaning and cauterizing the massive wound. The foul smell of the injury had only gotten worse when she had removed the bandage, and it had clearly been very badly infected at a simple glance.

The one legged man out of immediate danger, Naltaibur prepared to treat the rest of her patients, first pouring magic into her own mind in order to strengthen herself, and then turning to Uldric and asking her question. "There are three others that you have not seen, but they are... Different. One is only lightly harmed, and offered to care for the other two, who are no longer of sound mind. We don't know exactly what happened to them, as we picked both of them up off the streets like we did for you."

When she asked the old priest to help remove the man's armor, Uldric nodded and move forward to assist her, giving her simple instructions on how to take off the scale mail, and also how to remove damage sections of it without causing further harm to the wearer. He did about three quarters of the work himself, but he didn't seem to mind at all, and even seemed glad to be able to help her with something.

The man with the broken arm awakened as she was setting the bone back in place, but he only screamed as he awoke, the rest of his cries of pain easily stifled long enough for Uldric to offer him something to bite down on. He seemed highly dazed, and it took several castings of her minor spell in order to get the bone to knit itself back together properly. The bruise that was the man's face proved to be a similar chore, but he at least looked a little better than he had before she had arrived by the time she moved on. He even managed a groggy thank you before settling back down and passing back into unconsciousness.

The two women were a case similar to Gloria's, only much much worse, and Naltaibur had to cast her spell over a dozen times to wipe away the majority of the damage. One of them had a nose that hadn't been set properly, and she would have had to break it again in order to fix it. The other was more or less alright, once Naltaibur had finished practicing her arts, but neither had woken from their slumber while she worked. After helping her remove the armor from the two men, Uldric had been standing in the corner while wringing his hands as she worked, and seemed particularly interested when she began to heal the woman with the broken nose.

Finally, Naltaibur returned to the amputee, and set to work on him. Starting off, she found that he had more injuries than just his leg. Shattered ribs and a concussion, as well as a poorly healed dislocated shoulder were some of the more severe ones, but he looked to have had at least a decades worth of injuries on him, a real feat considering his apparent age, though it was less an impressive and more sad when she thought about it. Once that spell had prepared his body, however, there was naught left for her to do but to try to heal his limb. Her first spell worked a massive amount of energy into the limb, and the man's body immediately began to restore itself, first fighting off the infection that might have taken weeks to recover from in seconds, and then knitting over the torn flesh.

The limb regrew only a few inches, and then began to scar over. It would take several more spells if she wanted to try and regrow the limb, but now that the process was started, she might be able to use a little less power per casting in order to achieve it. Regardless of her choice on how to handle healing the one legged man, Uldric gasped as light seemed to cover his wound even to a normal man's perception, and it seemed to heal itself in real time before his eyes.

(Not worrying about rolls for this one just because it's more RP than mechanics. also, @ the last paragraph: You get to pick a spell. Depending on how I decide to work it, maybe he gets his leg back good as new, maybe he gets a stump, or maybe he gets a uselessly deformed thing that he can't use.)

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Naltaibur pursed her lips as she worked. and when she'd completed the first step in rebuilding the broken priest's leg, she paused but a moment to consider her next step. She wanted to get this soul back in fighting order... every man would count, with the city overrun now as it was. But she still had three more to attend to - what if she burnt herself out here? They weren't injured like these four were, but she might need magic to tend to them.

She wasn't even sure if she even could help them... they'd been pulled out of the streets like she had been, had Father Uldric not said? They might very well be corrupted, like Gloria had almost been, recruited into the invader hordes. Perhaps freshly turned, still insensate from a beating?

Unlikely, she told herself. They'd been mostly uninjured, he'd said. That was a far too complicated scenario - it was much more likely they were only traumatized. Hmph, she thought. 'Only traumatized' -as if surviving an assault like that could be waved off as 'only traumatized'. Still, it beat having your soul ripped away...

She dwelled on this too long. If she didn't hurry, the magic would fade, and the warrior before her would remain crippled. She'd already committed some of her power to restoring this man's leg, it would only be a waste if she failed here. She made a mental note to talk to Uldric about her concerns and Gloria's near-fate afterwards, and readied herself for her next casting. She had enough magic for a few more major workings, but she still wasn't sure it would be enough - restoring a limb was no easy task. "O Doraleous, please watch over this valiant member of your clergy, who risked himself in defense of this city..."

She spoke the words of power again, scribing them into the air.

Assuming nothing happens after that:

Out in the hall after attending to the man's leg, Naltaibur leaned against the wall, panting, and trying to slow her breathing. She took the time to gather her thoughts, and after a few moments, she spoke in a relatively low voice to Uldric.

"Father Uldric, I'm sure you know already - these creatures can turn our own against us. Truth be told, I almost saw it happen to Gloria - a pair of slime-coated women began to smear her with whatever they were covered in, and I felt her soul just... breaking apart. She's fine now, but these last three, and even the two I just tended to, I am not so sure... If you could, would you please call another of your men over? I would like to move one of the injured girls to another room - they seem to bond in pairs, from what I have seen outside. When that is done, I would like for us three to check on the remaining three... I do not think I can work any magic on them just yet, but I wish to verify they are not tainted, as you believed I was, dragged out of the streets as we were."

(L5 healing twice - if it's still fucked, scale down to L4 and cast twice. L2 once then L1s after if even that fails, though he's proper fucked if it comes to that I guess)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

HP = 41, PP = 47, EP = 2/44, Status = Extremely Low on Energy, +12 Mind (lvl1)

(Just an fyi, only Uldric is a clergyman. The other guys in scale are just a mercenary band who happen to have the same type of armor as their uniform.)

Rolls
Casting (level 5) : Both succeed.
The rest don't require rolls.

So it goes 8 * 2 = 16, 6 * 2 = 12, and then 2. 30 EP total.

Heal (Level 5) : 5, reroll 8, took the higher result. 8 + 8 = 16 * 6 = 96 HP restored.
3, reroll 3, 3 + 8 = 11 * 6 = 66 HP restored.

Heal (Level 4) : 3, reroll 1, 3 + 8 = 11 * 5 = 55 HP restored.
5, reroll 2, 5 8 = 13 * 5 = 65 HP restored.

Heal (Level 2) : 3, reroll 6, 6 + 8 = 14 * 3 = 42 HP restored.

Total healing: 324 HP restored!

Naltaibur gains 8 experience for performing a miracle.

Naltaibur might never have worked so much powerful magic like this in such quick succession before, but it seemed that her prayer to the thunder god had been well received. She felt the energies flow into the crippled man's leg flawlessly, every array of magic aligning perfectly and seeping into his torn flesh, causing it to grow outward in a natural pattern. Within seconds of her spell completing, the man's leg had gained almost six inches of length, and Uldric, who was watching nearby, gasped in amazement. The growth of bone and muscle and skin began to slow, however, and Naltaibur knew that she would have to keep it up for a while yet if she wanted his leg to grow back in full.

She pulled in the magic of the air, and from her own soul, and once more poured it into the wounded man's leg. Another few inches were gained, and the rate of regrowth increased slightly before Uldric's stunned eyes. Vaguely, Naltaibur noted that the other man had awakened and was dazedly staring directly at her as she worked her miraculous magics. Another infusion of magic a moment later allowed the process to keep going, and even though she was growing exhausted, Naltaibur knew that she couldn't quit now. Over half of his leg had returned, and finally, as the bone and flesh regrew at his ankle, she poured the last of her power into him. A foot formed, perfect up until the toes began to grow in crooked, at which point the exhausted night elf drew in the last of her strength, and issued a final spell that ensured the man's full healing.

The patterns of magic that she had used to prepare for this operation collapsed as she finished her work, no longer needed as the man's leg had been fully healed. Her subject was pale and had lost several inches off his waistline, the flesh having to have come from somewhere, but that did not change the fact that she had worked a veritable miracle here. His leg was thinner than the other, and completely hairless, but as far as she could tell the limb would function. His blood flowed through it, and it matched the other perfectly in size and shape. Uldric gaped in awe, and then looked to the sky, his eyes wide in amazement, and began to pray; "Oh Lord of the Sky, thank thee for the gift of thine messenger, and the aid of thine power that has surely allowed this miracle!" His voice rumbled like thunder, and a second later a clap from the sky and a flash through the window sounded out from above.

When Naltaibur rose, she stumbled from exhaustion, but Uldric caught her, and helped her from the room before setting her down upon a bench at the end of the hall to rest. The old priest was smiling broadly at her, awe and gratitude plainly expressed as he said; "That was incredible! Here, hold here and rest, I'll be right back with something for you to eat and drink!" He said, and immediately turned and left her alone on the bench. He wasn't gone long, however, before he returned bearing a plate of sandwiches and a tall glass of water.

Only then did Naltaibur have time to deliver her opinion upon the mentally disturbed subjects, at which Uldric's smile slowly broke, and he sighed before saying; "You needn't worry about the two in there, at least. They were conscious a while ago, and though they didn't speak much, what little they did say was coherent enough. Still, I ought to call one of the men here anyway, just so that they believe me." He left her alone again, but a moment later returned with Aluwin, the man who had opened the door for her, in tow. He looked quite skeptical as he approached, but when glance into the room with the wounded men and women and his face fell to a completely neutral mask. Finally, after a few moments of silence, he quietly said; "Well.... Maybe you can help them."

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Naltaibur sagged in the bench outside, leaning against the wall at her back, saying nothing as Aluwin arrived. She tried to control her breathing - fatigue had caught up with her quickly. "I hope I can... but, truthfully, I'm a healer of bodies, not minds. Let's hope the Skylord's will look favorably upon them as well."

Only when Uldric had brought something for her to eat did she realize she hadn't had anything since that morning - how late was it now? She couldn't really tell... passing into unconsciousness so often today seemed to have thrown off her sense of time. But despite how long it had been, or how much she'd exerted herself... she didn't really feel hungry at all. Strange, but she supposed she should at least try to eat. She wondered who of these men had stripped her out in the chapel's hall - had either Uldric or Aluwin already seen the results of her studies that marked her body?

Nervously, she tugged on the mask's beak - out, and then up, exposing her mouth. Her hood was still on - none of the coloration from the Orc or purple Night Elf was on her lips, so - while she probably looked a little ridiculous - her tainted skin was not exposed. ...She hoped. She pushed her hat down a little anyway, hoping the brim would hide her onyx lips.

With the eyeholes facing up towards her hat, she couldn't see anything. After chewing through about half - or at least, what felt like half - of her first and drinking down nearly all of the water - she hadn't realized she was that thirsty! - she tried to stand up.

But her head spun, and she sat back down, lest she fall over. "I... I think maybe they'll have to wait," she said, once she'd managed to get everything to hold still again. "That must have took more out of me than I'd realized... give me a little time to rest, I don't know if I could make any proper diagnosis in this state."

Rest, then go see the last three? Also exp spent on +6 Mind and +2 Spirit, I guess