What's new

RPG Maker [Dark Wind]Wrath of King Vasily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolfson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Dark Wind]Wrath of King Vasily

As to te whole buggy issue, quite possibly. His last was extremely buggy, and featured a huge difficulty spike after the first area. I cleared the first area at level 5, and found myself unable to advance due to constantly dieing. Eventually, I just stopped.

Bandit224

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Error: Unable to find Audio/BGM/11._tombs

Anyone know where this is, or a workaround?

EDIT: I figured out a simple workaround. Just make a copy of another wilderness.mp3 and rename it to 11._tombs.mp3.

Last edited:

RyuuseiDate

Lurker
Reputation score

If you check DLSite, the english version already exists and has a demo. The english version just isn't included in this download... actually, I'm pretty sure this author is a native english speaker, because the grammar in the Japanese version is outright horrid. :rolleyes:

Even from the demo its pretty buggy and unbalanced though... shame, the art is so nice too.

Dargoth

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The english version just isn't included in this download... actually, I'm pretty sure this author is a native english speaker, because the grammar in the Japanese version is outright horrid. :rolleyes:
I probably wouldn't have come to that conclusion if you hadn't said anything, but it seemed weird to me too. Right at the very start of the game, the guy says something like "あなたは、あなたのアイテム。。。" which raised my eyebrows. The English parts were quite good in comparison, much better than the usual Engrish. The font chosen for the game makes reading Japanese a pain in the ass as well since many of the complex kanji turn into unrecognizable blobs.

Bandit224

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anyone know how to kill the second set of monsters (skeleton, wolves, pirate wolf-men)? They attack quickly, and every hit knocks me on the ground, causing me to be spam-hit to death (as the girl).

RyonaMasta

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Use google search RGSS102E.dll, so that you can download it, and enjoy.
I don't know how you guys get the game running. After I placed the .dll file in the game folder, it gives me another error about RTTS standard not found. I made changes to the game.ini file, now when I start the game it says unable to find Graphics/titles/title

I am running Windows 7 Home premium.

ichigo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I don't know how you guys get the game running. After I placed the .dll file in the game folder, it gives me another error about RTTS standard not found. I made changes to the game.ini file, now when I start the game it says unable to find Graphics/titles/title

I am running Windows 7 Home premium.
sounds like you might be missing the correct rpg maker for that game you need one of these link here page http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=353 i don,t remember which though, i think the game folder has the installer for it as well hope this info helps you.

Rolfson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just found an exploit for the girl.

Unequip her ring, then loose a fight. After you return, she'll have a new ring equipped, plus the old ring in inventory which she can equip to the last slot for the effect, effectively doubling defense bonus.. Repeat to sell additional rings for 1250 in cash.

Have fun.

tailor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a reason I start the game, 1 text box appears and then disapears when I hit space or anything else and just has a "rumble" sound effect...nothing reappears and it keeps playing the same sound effect when I hit any key.

Jose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The girl has rape scene for the zombie thing, the snake thing, and the monkey thing, but the scene for the monkey looking thing cannot be viewed in the Scythe pool, anyone know if this is a bug?

thyladras

Lurker
Reputation score

someone have a full save of this game ?

thx

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

The girl has rape scene for the zombie thing, the snake thing, and the monkey thing, but the scene for the monkey looking thing cannot be viewed in the Scythe pool, anyone know if this is a bug?
It can, it just doesn't unlock untill you've gotten the scene with the raccoon guys. It's s bug, I think.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm Noob to AGTH, or rather I haven't used it in years and forgot how, but what translation option works? I only get 3 options right now and none of them translate properly.

I seem to remember there's a way to unlock tons of alternate options and one of those usually works but I don't remember how to do it. Any help here?

Ah found it, adding /v, /x3, /p adds options, hope one of them works, there's like 50 now.
Whoo found it, the code is

0x03158ACD:000FDE9 MultiByteToWideChar (It changes slightly but should be similar)

Though so far the translations in TA are pretty terrible, worse than the last time I used this for Violated Heroine. I can barely make anything out. Is there a better option somewhere?

The fight system is a great idea but it's kinda silly, at least the first few battles I played. You just run back and forth, jumping around, pressing the attack button down and hoping you don't get hit. With the translations this bad and the skills not being shown properly, I'll probably avoid this for now. At least I finally decided to use AGTH, will help my other games anyways.

Last edited:

RyuuseiDate

Lurker
Reputation score

The translations are awful because the Japanese text is illegible to begin with. Unless someone uploads the English version this won't be legible for anyone. :rolleyes:

gonefishin9

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I got to the cathedral looking entrance with the waypoint in front of it, but the gates are closed. I'm assuming I have to do something to open it, but I'm not sure what yet.

There was a crypt outside with a small tomb room deep inside it but I couldn't find anything to do there.

If anyone has gotten past that point, help would be much appreciated.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well erasing 2 repetitions of each symbol in the options of AGTH helps tremendously, I can actually understand things now. For some reason there's 3 of every symbol hooked in my AGTH and fixing that makes the translations pretty good.

I couldn't read item names/descriptions in shops before that and people made absolutely no sense, now they're good. Even the skill tree is translated now, YAY!

The first two skill trees (Left to right) are really similar, offensive skills. Most have the same tag and type of damage, but the one farthest to the right is a defensive tree (With some pretty OP skills, the first for example makes the next 5 hits on you miss but seems buggy) and most of them heal yourself and/or allies. Some prevent damage all together and later on they are self buff skills (One of the final one turns you into an angel, I think like that hidden potential glyph if you've ever found it).

The biggest difference between the sword skill tree and the blue skill tree seems to be that the sword one often does one big attack that's probably a lot of damage every time one of the skills is used, and the blue tree does extra elemental damage/healing for multiple arrows fired after using it, passively. So the sword tree is like burst damage and the blue one is like more consistent higher damage over time.

Somebody mentioned they were putting points into the glove icon and that's for melee damage apparently and won't raise bow damage, it's Strength. The two to the right (Under the blue skill tree) are for raising bow damage. The first one that looks like a shield mentions raising physical defense (May also raise attack slightly, translations are confusing) and the one that looks like a green boot just mentions raising damage of bow like weapons. Next is magic defense and raising healing, last one raises mp by 5. The HP icon (Farthest Left) raises health by 8, at least for the first point.

The stats in the menu are as following, top to bottom past the obvious health and mana:

Attack (Your bow adds this)
Defense (Ring adds this)
Magic Defense (Ring adds this)

Strength (Glove Icon)
Dexterity (Shield Icon)
Agility (Boot Icon)
Intelligence (4 Bladed Icon)

Some tips atm:

Jumping over enemies seems to get you hit a lot less than running through them, just keep double jumping (Time it well so you stay off the ground as long as possible each time).

Money is slow to acquire, you make more selling all the potions you get for killing mobs at least at the start.

You regen mp hitting monsters, either with a skill or normal attack so MP isn't a huge deal.

The first skill in the defensive tree is really helpful, it blocks 5 attacks and works through battles. Though it seems a bit buggy or doesn't work on really strong monsters or bosses as well (Those big tentacle mobs in the well)

Save up for the 2k bow, kill things faster so you take less damage. Just keep running out into the field and trying to find the purple zombie over the bridge, killing him and anything else you can before dying, then respawn. You can also talk to the man in town and go down the well, the giant tentacle monster has a chance to drop an item you can sell for 250 though it's rare and I'd recommend the former option.

Last edited:

Jose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you want a way to cheat (or similar to it) I have a way that works out well.

When you move out the village in the first map, there is two shrines (like diablo) one of them (the one on the right) replenishes your mana; the other one (the one on the left) brings out your true potential and turns the bow girl into an angel that can't be damaged and deals about 4~5 times more damage than she usually does, this is how you beat the purple zombie.

How does this apply to us? Well, first make sure you have blessing from the church, it will increase you mana by 200 or so. Then you have to grind a little until your exp is near the point where you are about to level up. What you want to do is: Go to the shrine, turn into an angel (you will have the same amount of mp) attack a mob, level up (ALL MP Restored!!!) Now fight the zombie boss, you should now be able to kill him without using up all of your mp, then all you have to do is keep your mana>0 and you will retain angel form and do severe damage! If you are running out and completely desperate, use the other shrine to replenish all your mana (DO NOT heal at the church, it will remove your angel form.) I don't know whether the inn has that as well though, because I am not rich enough to stay in it. Do NOT touch the golded shrines either, they will eliminate angel form.

Angel form has its own bug as well, where if you move too fast the enemy will instead move at the same speed of you (it is scary as FUCK when the zombies are like flying at you!!)

So yeah, if you keep at that and kill everything in your path, eventually even if you take it off you should be able to kill things quicker and all that, the only negative is that, well if you die than it won't work so you have to never be defeated, kind of defeats the purpose of GOR, but if you are playing to win, then it will totally work.

@FruitSmoothie: I think other than the fact that all positive bonus get wiped out, nothing happens even if you die.

HOW SHRINES WORK:

Blue: [A Source of Energy] Replenish all mana
Red: [Fountain of Youth] Replenish all health
Red: [says Omnipotence I have no idea what it does]
Gold: [Divine Intervention] Heals completely, ELIMINATES all positive and negative status
Purple: [says Omniscience, I have no idea what it does] Atk +24
Purple: [says Omnibevalence, I have no idea what it does]
Green: [says Perfection, I have no idea what it does] Atk +10
Special Blue: [Your True Potential] Angel Form (for female)

HP & exp. of enemies

Worms: _______50 < X < 73 [] xp = 02 (per worm) xp = [Stable] 08 (always group of 4)
Monkey: ______50 < X < 78 [] xp = 02 ([er monkey) xp = [vary] 02~06 (group of 1~3)
Slimes: ______150 < X < 200 [] xp = 04 (per slime) xp = [vary] 04~12 (group of 1~3)
Zombie: _____200 < X < 250 [] xp = 04 (per zombie) xp = [vary] 04~12 (group of 1~3)
Wolf Fighter: _350 < X < 400 [] xp = 12 (per wolf) xp = [vary] 12~50 (group of 1~4)
Wolf Leader: _500 < X < 550 [] xp = 14 (per leader) xp = [Stable] 50 (always 1 leader + 3 wolves)
Tentacle: ___550 < X < 600 [] xp = 08 (per tentacle) xp = [Stable] 08 (always only 1)

Last edited:

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Just want to point out; the maps are randomly generated, so saying "this was near here" or "find this and this should be close" have absolutely no impact.

Also, for FruitSmoothie, yes monsters do respawn - when you die. I think that's the "penalty" for death; the map re-randomizes and all the enemies on it respawn.

Bandit224

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Also, for FruitSmoothie, yes monsters do respawn - when you die. I think that's the "penalty" for death; the map re-randomizes and all the enemies on it respawn.
Monsters don't respawn, if you choose the second option, instead of the third, when you die. The third option is new game+ to start the game over, but keep that particular characters money, stats, level (just like in Diablo).

I beat the troll, but I still get spam-hit to death by the raccoon pirates. The raccoon pirates move way to fast to hit with arrows, does anyone know a way to beat them?

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh neat, I'll have to just keep dying and respawning to grind then. When you guys said it was like diablo, I just thought you meant storywise, nice that that's intact too.

Game kinda grows on you, though the fights are pretty buggy. Maybe it's my inner love of grinding at work here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.