What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

My vote is for current version of psyker. The other is too abuse prone, in my opinion.

Also, wah, more things for me to want to pick up on my characters. ;_;

I'll probably comment more in depth when they're more fleshed out.

Alsoalso, a lonely skill suggestion for grapplers.

Brawler (Passive) - The character may make a grapple attempt against prone or stunned enemies as a free action. Requires Grapple Expert.

Alsoalsoalso, if you end up having to split skills into two posts you should totally bring back Sweep. NotbecauseIwanttouseabroomasaweaponoranythingandinflictmassivepundamageIswear. >.>

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

No sidhe druids? That's kinda disappointing.

Also, like Blue, I think Soul Shatter should be modified or switched to something else.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think the Druidic powers should have a clause that Warped+ is A-Okay if the user have the Fey mutation. inb4 Karkastan PC w/ Druidic and Daemonic spirit powers. <_>

And I can't see the point of Soul Shatter being available to PCs anyways. If someone wants something dead, I'm sure there are more practical methods available anyhow.

And uh... How would Daemonic and Demonologist differ flavor-wise? <_>

... Would Warp Shell be a permanent alteration to the 'patient'? /MadScientistModeOn

... Suddenly I want a Ritual that allows me to mutate others in a permanent manner as long as I have 'studied' the mutation I want to apply. /FullMetalMadScientistModeOn

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think the Druidic powers should have a clause that Warped+ is A-Okay if the user have the Fey mutation. inb4 Karkastan PC w/ Druidic and Daemonic spirit powers. <_>
Good point. Warped and Naturally Supernatural with the Fey mutation, but going to Supernatural would still make one unable to take Druidic.

And I can't see the point of Soul Shatter being available to PCs anyways. If someone wants something dead, I'm sure there are more practical methods available anyhow.
I couldn't think of another power at the time.

And uh... How would Daemonic and Demonologist differ flavor-wise? <_>
That you don't know the answer to this despite the number of times that I've had to explain the fucking difference between demons and daemons in DG is... Extremely irritating.

Demons are living creatures, albeit living creatures possessed of powerful natural magic.

Daemons are spirits, and the ones with the power to manifest a body are generally referred to as greater daemons.

... Would Warp Shell be a permanent alteration to the 'patient'? /MadScientistModeOn
Not as stated, but allowing it to be used to force mutations onto a helpless patient is a good suggestion. I'd probably add it to rituals instead of the Power's base functionality though.

... Suddenly I want a Ritual that allows me to mutate others in a permanent manner as long as I have 'studied' the mutation I want to apply. /FullMetalMadScientistModeOn
Basically this.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For Psyker, since I was in that shout convo as well, I'll say that I actually like both of those options. Either leaving it as you have it now, or making it how Spider wanted it but with the EP/10 thing ceiling. I could honestly flip a coin and be fine with either.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

With Aether being more or less another word for spirit, it an Aether element's meaning would be closer to life control in general than anti-life specifically. But it's not too far a removed concept.

Also, what's the actual reasoning for Druidic set's restrictions? One of my immediate thoughts was the same as Spider's. I assume you wouldn't actually lose access to the powers due to corruption or anything though right?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

While they don't have the fey mutation Alraune are in the fey classification so would they be able to select the druidic tree? It would make sense for them to be able to use the majority of the powers from there after all.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I checked that just a while ago, and the Alraune are Naturally Warped, so since Tass didn't mention that one specifically like 'Naturally Supernatural', I believe they can get it yes.

I've also been trying to think of suitable Daemon themed powers as an alternative to that Soul Shatter power, but nothing yet. Trying to think of stuff the Daemons get up to, but I don't think possession makes sense for any character that's still alive. And the power to get trapped in a box/crystal/random trinket by some mortal punk probably wouldn't be that popular. Most of the common daemonish tricks already exist in other power sets.

And that phrase still amuses me somehow... "Naturally Supernatural"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I checked that just a while ago, and the Alraune are Naturally Warped, so since Tass didn't mention that one specifically like 'Naturally Supernatural', I believe they can get it yes.
This.

I've also been trying to think of suitable Daemon themed powers as an alternative to that Soul Shatter power, but nothing yet. Trying to think of stuff the Daemons get up to, but I don't think possession makes sense for any character that's still alive. And the power to get trapped in a box/crystal/random trinket by some mortal punk probably wouldn't be that popular. Most of the common daemonish tricks already exist in other power sets.

And that phrase still amuses me somehow... "Naturally Supernatural"
Hard isn't it? :p

Also, what's the actual reasoning for Druidic set's restrictions? One of my immediate thoughts was the same as Spider's. I assume you wouldn't actually lose access to the powers due to corruption or anything though right?
Yes you would. The basic concept is that Druidism represents a connection to the natural world that's instinctive rather than learned, and effects that would make the character unnatural, IE: corruption, would inhibit this connection. I would make an exception if the character was corrupted by the fey, but if it's courtesy of a demon/aliens/etc they could lose access to their powers. I'd likely add a ritual that allows the druid to remove corruption at no monetary cost to correspond with this.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Sweet, then I can make my Alraune character now. Though she'll probably end up as an NPC/story character on Eleanor's farm to help raise certain animals. Like those plant lion things I keep forgetting the name of.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Perhaps access to the Druidic branch of powers should be a racial thing for Alraune...

...What?

<.<;

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

What happens to the Nature thing when you get Warped due to dickings and other assorted corruption?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You would lose access to the Powers.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does that mean mages would lose access to Nature Spells or Feats if they are/become Warped, too?

Because Vanilla is already Warped/Naturally Warped and has a Focus in Nature... <.<

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

IMO there should be a NEGA-NATURE flip-side for warped PCs. :v

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Needs moar evil nature :S

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't believe there's been any discussion of changing Focus in Nature to require a character that isn't warped/supernatural, unless I've missed it. The fluff here is, from what I understand as explained a few posts back, that Druid powers require the character's spirit to be attuned with nature and not completely warped by lots of magical dickings, since it draws entirely on the character's spirit for effectiveness and connection.

Magic, on the other hand, doesn't draw its effectiveness from the character's spirit, it's more a controlled manipulation of nature as it exists using a small amount of the character's energy.

On that note: I'm against the idea of allowing druids a no-cost corruption reducer, as otherwise that restriction is just a formality and requires the GM to run a rape train on the character in order to cause them any threat of potentially losing those powers. Corruption should still be a penalty worthy of a few coins and a bit of time for any character who knowingly takes something with a no-warped restriction, in my opinion, rather than something where the player says "I do this no-cost ritual and then take a nap".

Alsoalso: the alsoing, sudden urge to take beast form instead of form of the swarm on Aadhya. >.>

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

The only problem with that to me is that it'd be easy to make a character who quickly became about as useful as a housekeeper, assuming you didn't multi-tree in spirit powers or something.

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Clarification: I'm not saying that you shouldn't give druids access to a corruption-reducing ritual at all, just that it should have some sort of tangible cost in order to make the restriction actually relevant rather than something countered by performing a cost-free, only time-consuming ritual after every unnatural dicking.

There are also corruption cure potions, beyond that.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Does that mean mages would lose access to Nature Spells or Feats if they are/become Warped, too?

Because Vanilla is already Warped/Naturally Warped and has a Focus in Nature... <.<
Basically what Hafnium said. Nature magic is a learned art, not an instinctive one like Druidic powers.

Characters that lost access to their Druidic powers would be able to retrain the Talent into something else after a bit of roleplaying to justify it. The ritual would to purify for free would be something of an all day thing, not nearly as efficient as the other rituals that are already in place to remove corruption. I would have a quicker option included that would cost denarii.