What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

I've made changes to the Harlequin's character sheet, barring anything to do with race, since racially she's a dinosaur from DG2 anyway. (Demon dinosaur, awwwright)

In exchange for the above dinosaurness, you made me promise not to whine/bitch about your rules.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So... Mages get mage feats. Spirit users get more powers. Warriors and succubi get...what, exactly?
Skills and succubus powers received mild alterations (read: upgrades.) I'm running out of things to add at this point, so unless you've got some suggestions I'd recommend taking Incubus's path of non-complaint.

Can the Fetish Flaw be taken more than 4 times?
Yes. You can take it as many times as you want, so long as the particular fetishes make sense.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Aww, Simulacrum but no Sanctification Ritual? >: I want to go around pissing off random gods by defiling their shrines! On a more serious note, rituals are cool, and mage talents seem to put mages on par with (or beyond that of) spirit users. Other than that I haven't had too much of a look at things.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, after careful consideration: Flurry of Blows, the new Unarmed Skill, has been nerfed somewhat to avoid people coming up with builds that do something like 300 damage per turn with it. Fetish has been limited to only being allowed to take 2 FOR TALENT CREDIT. You can still take them as mutations or for character flavor.

I'm going to say this again just so that people stop thinking I've murdered them somehow:
YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. TO. CHANGE. ANYTHING. ON. YOUR. SHEET. IF. YOU. DON'T. WANT. TO.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

So, how about some more light rituals that don't require the metamagic feat?

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It doesn't matter much since Alex is at 20 Spirit, but for the new Spirit Talents does it work like the Warrior Skills in that all numbers are rounded down?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Unless it's stated otherwise, always round naturally.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

But I must change it. How else can I give you a hard time with my constant questions and whining?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Drain Through Pain has been changed to prevent it from draining more EP on a hit than that hit deals in actual HP damage. Seems reasonable, and was suggested by Hafnium.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Saw this, couldn't help but think of a certain couple of you wonderful people. ;)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Damn, foiled again!

Thanks Spider. It worked in the post preview, huh.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ritual suggestion

Name: Summon Familiar
Cost: 30ep and 50 denari for ingredients
Time: 1 hour
Requirements: Must be a mage or spirit user (natural talents count)
Description: Summon Familiar bonds a willing minor spirit to the caster as a servant. As a rule these minor spirits avoid combat but will still add its master in scouting and other menial tasks. In their native state the spirits are formless and relay on the summoner to give them shape and definition which once formed is the default appearance of the spirit. While the familiar cannot die from mortal blows they are still vulnerable to anything that can harm spirits or souls in general. Finally the ritual grants its caster the following spell Call Familiar that brings any dissipated familiar back to the summoner in 1 round at the cost of 5 ep.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Suggestion for grapple.
Grappling as a successful sneak attack puts the target in submission hold directly. Getting the drop on someone would allow you to swiftly submit them before they react, on the next round you'd still need to make a grapple check to maintain the hold ofc.

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While it seems like an appropriate idea, the thing that concerns me about that change is how it affects PC mages. As is, getting sneak grappled can be a pretty desperate fight for a PC mage, requiring that they murder the monster grappling them immediately with an AoE or get out of their grasp in some other way before they end up in a submission hold being raped. Obviously, it's not as big of a deal when it comes to PC vs NPC mage.

I'm not really sure how to improve the above issue I have with this suggestion while still improving sneak grapples in a suitable way, though. Maybe offer a +10 to the sneaking character's next grapple action instead, or something? I dunno, beyond that I can only really offer vague concern.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Since Tass can drop a torrent of suffering on you as he wishes, I'm not too concerned with how this might negatively impact my experience. It does sound like a neat idea. I say go for it.

Also, NOSE FOR TREASURE

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

While it seems like an appropriate idea, the thing that concerns me about that change is how it affects PC mages. As is, getting sneak grappled can be a pretty desperate fight for a PC mage, requiring that they murder the monster grappling them immediately with an AoE or get out of their grasp in some other way before they end up in a submission hold being raped. Obviously, it's not as big of a deal when it comes to PC vs NPC mage.

I'm not really sure how to improve the above issue I have with this suggestion while still improving sneak grapples in a suitable way, though. Maybe offer a +10 to the sneaking character's next grapple action instead, or something? I dunno, beyond that I can only really offer vague concern.
How about a simple Resistance Check?

If the character being sneak-grappled loses the check, they're put into a Submission Hold. If they win the check, they merely become Grappled.

Personally, I'm fine with things as they are, but I like to be of assistance in refining ideas when able. :)