What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

Suppress, yes. Demon's would be pretty obvious if they could not hide their traits.

You can only have the carrier effects if you already have the previous versions normally. So if you don't have the claw mutation before you shapeshift, you cannot shapeshift the mutations dependent on claws. You also can only get one instance of the additions to the claws. There's some other rules as well, it's all under the Shapeshifter Special Mutation.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Another question: what causes a character to affected by knocked unconscious other than effects that specifically say they inflict the status effect?

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

0 HP or 0 EP can also cause the character to be rendered unconscious, depending on how the GM is feeling, though often times the character is instead rendered helpless and their attackers do things to their crotches before they pass out.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Another question: what causes a character to affected by knocked unconscious other than effects that specifically say they inflict the status effect?
Generally hitting 0 HP or 0 EP, at GM discretion.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With 0EP, it can vary as they have said. But at 0 HP, you're either dead or unconscious unless some rule states otherwise. Though hopefully unconscious. Being dead sucks.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay looking into the CC thread and stumbled across
Battlemage (Passive) - Your character uses their Body stat to determine their attack rolls when attacking with spells. Requires: Any Focus in {Element} Talent OR Experienced Caster.
Is this meant to be Damage Rolls? Or To-Hit Rolls? Or both.

Also is there any requirements for the Witch Hunter skills?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Attack rolls are to-hit.

Any requirements for skills are stated in the skills themselves, unless Tass screwed something up.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Attack rolls are to-hit.

Any requirements for skills are stated in the skills themselves, unless Tass screwed something up.
Thanks.

So anyone can pick up the witch-hunter skills? It looked like it was really focused on Anti-Magi so I had assumed it needed a magician talent I simply had missed.

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A little late but just to confirm: Mage-Hunter and Spirit-Oppressor require 14+ mind and 14+ spirit respectively. Dedicated Witch Hunter requires Untemptable (which is another skill in the same group). Otherwise, the various witch hunter skills have no requirements.

This is because magic and the people who use it are all weird and dumb and glorious melee is the best. (This part is a joke. Mostly.)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If your character isn't using a hammer, they're not overpowered. Always keep that in mind.

We tried introducing playable Mage-Hunting bears, but Tassadar no doubt thinks that would break the game with how OP it would be.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Either for DG4 or current DG3, I've thought of something that could help slightly.

Putting information about powers and skills on your character sheet normally helps with the ability to quickly remind yourself on the specific things your character can do; however, Dark Gate goes through changes every now and then, which means your information on your sheet becomes unreliable.

I propose having, as part of your sheet, a representation of the current version of DG that your sheet is relevant to, so players and GMs alike can reference to the current version of DG for accuracy.

It could easily be an addition at the bottom that says:

Dark Gate 4: U14

Which would mean that the character was made/updated for the 14th update, though any other format would be fine, such as date.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Seems like a good idea to me.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Been debating on whether I should get back into Dark Gate again. As much as I would probably slide back into my bad habit of not posting for ages and naturally getting everyone annoyed at me, I did enjoy the short attempts at writing for Zeta and Six, even if they didn't get too far.

Would anyone be interested in taking the reigns of Six's thread, perhaps giving it a reboot as needed, and would I piss Tassadar off too much for trying to revive Zeta for a third time? :S

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Are you going to actually post in it more than once every couple of months? It does kind of annoy me that I have to remember what was going on in a thread after not touching it for forever, get back into the mindset of the NPCs, etc when it then goes ignored for months at a time again.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Are you going to actually post in it more than once every couple of months? It does kind of annoy me that I have to remember what was going on in a thread after not touching it for forever, get back into the mindset of the NPCs, etc when it then goes ignored for months at a time again.
Hopefully I can avoid being tardy mctardy, otherwise wasting time for both of us in that case. Then again, not like plots I'm in are important as far as major plot goes.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hopefully I can avoid being tardy mctardy, otherwise wasting time for both of us in that case. Then again, not like plots I'm in are important as far as major plot goes.
I believe the point Tass is trying to get across is that its very hard to get the characters in an otherwise abandoned thread to act as they had previously when you have all but, forgotten why you had created them in the first place.

Plot is only a tiny reason in the large scheme of things when you have to juggle also the characters included for the plot both revealed and planned out.Or at least that's how I understood it.

Tass may have meant it differently.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

What Tass actually means is that he keeps forgetting his plans for the Singularity Engine.