What's new

ACT Guro [D-lis] Night of Revenge / 魔女は復讐の夜に (RJ405582)

jetset

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [D-lis] 魔女は復讐の夜に

Can someone translate the controls? I dont know how to exit out of menus or interact with objects

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Can someone translate the controls? I dont know how to exit out of menus or interact with objects
I think it's been mentioned that you can exit the menu by pressing jump. You can change all the controls in the config menu when you bring up your inventory. I'm pretty sure it's all English there, so there's no need to translate it.
And to interact with objects, you press the use button, whichever key you assign it to. And just a heads up, there's a few things you can't interact with yet in the main home area. Just the alter with the book that lets you go to the main level.

Edit: I realized that I've been saying the "use" button, but I should have been saying the "submit" button. Sorry if there was any confusion. Also, I tried using that to pull off a backstab, but it didn't work. I'm thinking maybe it's not implemented in the game yet? Or I could just be doing it wrong.

Last edited:

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Also, I tried using that to pull off a backstab, but it didn't work. I'm thinking maybe it's not implemented in the game yet? Or I could just be doing it wrong.
There probably shouldn't be one because of how easy it is to get an Avoid. Parry at least requires some timing. You can just mash dodge and get it.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you press up and block, you do a riposte. But yeah, there's still timing. Scarecrow and the boss are rather easy to get the pattern down, but the goblins are a bit trickier. Never tried on the slime, though.
Riposte works on the slime (chances are high if you can read the slime jump attack and get the timing right).

I don't know if it's intentional, but the boss CANNOT be beaten using the counter animation. A regular slash or magic attack is still required to finish the job (2000+ ether reward but the slow wind-up of the arms doesn't help for practising ripostes).

About the timing: Ripostes work if she's in the middle of the animation when an attack connects (I think). I've had success riposting the boss's jump attack, slime jump attack, goblin jump attack and both of the scarecrow attack animations. From what I can tell, the best time to start the animation is just before contact or just before the animation which will result in a hit.

Last edited:

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Aesthetics wise, the only thing missing is that her status that is shown on her avatar or image in the menu isn't shown fully on the character sprite. Only torn clothes. Needs to show effects like dripping semen n what not if its shown on the avatar and character image in the menu.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Needs to show effects like dripping semen n what not if its shown on the avatar and character image in the menu.
The last game had that in its status menu, so hopefully he adds it, even if it's just an overlay animation.
I'm still waiting for the other status effects, like whichever one gives her bedroom eyes and a blushed face.

Zerrest

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I read someone mention earlier in the thread that they tried to do a "backstab" move or something? While I never did that in the game, if you parry an enemy and they stumble back for a second (including the boss), you can go up to them and a symbol with a sword will appear above their heads. If you press the use button, then you can do an auto sword combo. It kind of reminds me of Bloodborne's visceral attacks. Assuming you've played Bloodborne, I mean.

But yeah, this game is pretty impressive for only being in an alpha. Though it's just gonna make me impatient for the real deal, I'll gladly wait for this kind of content. Now I want to go back and play Bullet Requiem.
D-lis had a preview video awhile back that showed off backstabs via dodging (exactly the same as Bloodborne's visceral in that Aradia shoved her hand into them instead of using her weapon). Ripostes in this game are more like DS2's backstabs in that they're flair-y combo attacks rather than a simple stab with the weapon or what have you

Also if anyone needs KB+M controls translated

I: Open Menu
W: Up in menus / Grab ledges
A/D: Left/Right
Space: Jump / Cancel Menus
Q: Drink Potion
R: Change Potion
E: Interact (Pick up items, pray at Altar, Riposte parried enemies, escape grabs)
F: Quickstep (midair OK, increases distance of jump slightly if Quickstep into Jump a la Megaman X)
B: Creates an ultra greatsword debug item in equip menu
Mouse Wheel Up: Gun (midair OK)
Left Mouse (Hold OK): Attack
Right Mouse (Hold OK): Guard (time for Just Guard to negate weapon absorption penalty (50% on startng longsword))
Right Mouse, W: Parry (timing is more like DS2/3 than DS1, has a bit of startup frames)
Arrow Keys: Adjust Camera (good for checking for traps and such)

I'm not sure what S does yet, I think there's a tutorial that involves pressing Guard + S for something.

Altar Options

> Level Up (Bottom button is confirm level up, must exit using Space)
> Teleport to Altar (1st: Church, 2nd: Starting Area, 3rd: Cave)
> (Greyed Out)
> Leave

Also, anyone know how to restore clothing state other than dying?

Last edited:

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Altar Options

> Level Up (Bottom button is confirm level up, must exit using Space)
> Teleport to Altar (1st: Church, 2nd: Starting Area, 3rd: Cave)
> (Greyed Out)
> Leave

Also, anyone know how to restore clothing state other than dying?
The "greyed out" one is for saving your game. "Record Preservation" or something like that.
Restoring clothes will probably be with a sewing kit item, or possibly a spell. We still have two unused spell slots, assuming the right one is for a spell and not a secondary melee weapon to swap to.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not sure what S does yet, I think there's a tutorial that involves pressing Guard + S for something.
Tutorial early in the first playable stage makes it clear what Down + Guard does. During the very long casting animation for the lightning spell the player cannot move so use Down + Guard (and pay a bit of mana provided you have at least 50% of max value) to keep the spell active and move your character again (useful if you want to avoid an attack but want to cast the spell anyway).

Zerrest

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Tutorial early in the first playable stage makes it clear what Down + Guard does. During the very long casting animation for the lightning spell the player cannot move so use Down + Guard (and pay a bit of mana provided you have at least 50% of max value) to keep the spell active and move your character again (useful if you want to avoid an attack but want to cast the spell anyway).
Oh yeah, I think I accidentally did the lightning spell once the first time I booted the game up but then never figured out how to do it again. Thanks!

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Better clarify my statement on magic cancel:

1. During the long lightning spell casting animation, users can cancel it BEFORE the casting bar reaches halfway. If it goes over, the spell will fire assuming she wasn't knocked down before the bar fills up.

2. Cancelled spells don't trigger, but cancelling the animation itself isn't free. Still cheaper than letting the spell fire normally.

3. Window for cancelling the lightning spell is VERY short, so plan accordingly.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The newest version just added a save and load feature.
He says he's on track for another update near the end of the month, and then an update from now on should only take half a month.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I ain't got an Enty so I don't know what the next update has, but he tweeted out the assets for bridges and talked about them a bit.
So far we've seen a church interior, a rural village, a shanty town, and caves.
What else do you think we'll see? What do you HOPE we see?
Please give me a tentacle/slime cave.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He talks about how the visual assets like bridges etc. are created in the program. With his current approach, the engine has no trouble repeating the basic model when there's a stage transition.

Next update he's thinking about adding more boss sex animations. He's looking at the 20th for the next release.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Wallbutts.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'd just like to say that the animations we've got so far are fucking amazing. I can't decide if I like the wall plant trap thing or the boss animation more.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'd just like to say that the animations we've got so far are fucking amazing. I can't decide if I like the wall plant trap thing or the boss animation more.
As Harley mentioned before, his twitter says the boss animations aren't done and he's wrapping them up.
Where the wallbutt is from in the context of the game, I have no idea. Might be part of it, might be a new thing.
I do hope there are more environmental traps you can be knocked into.

Zerrest

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What else do you think we'll see? What do you HOPE we see?
Please give me a tentacle/slime cave.
Yes please...

I haven't played Bloodborne, but even though we already have a forest as our starting area, it would be hilarious if D-lis did a play on the Forbidden Woods but instead of snakes its tentacles.

Also so I can dig up my favorite Bloodborne picture

There's probably going to be a swamp area but at the same time it's not as much of a problem in this game because of airdashing.

I'm also awaiting an inevitable clock tower gothic area to cross the castlevania/souls atmospheres. We'll probably go through one abandoned city or village that's not as derelict too. I'm also thinking there'll be a dungeon/cellar area and an area dedicated to monstrous experiments. Just doing a quick run through of souls staples.