What's new

[Complete - Partial] CRYSTAL FANTASY ~導かれし勇者たち~ [RJ193834]

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: CRYSTAL FANTASY ~導かれし勇者たち~ [RJ193834]

For sure, they just dont drive the story so I havent gotten to them yet.

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For sure, they just dont drive the story so I havent gotten to them yet.
Niceeeee, once again thanks a lot for your hard work :D

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So progress is coming along pretty well despite my busy schedule. Just thought I would see if anyone has answers to this...

... trying to translate the fast travel locations. Tried looking at the png's in img/stages and tried renaming locations from MOG_FastTravel.js... neither does much. Any thoughts?

Also since I'm posing at the moment... Alot of the high level spells/skills are supposed to be a full screen effect. An example would be like "leviathan". But I think because the battle camera moves around it ends up cutting off a bunch of the effect (in other words the camera is focused on a different location and the effect isnt staying with the camera). Anyone else have this issue/ know a quick fix for it? Thanks.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Which file do we download for the current translation without hardmode? or is hardmode a choice you make? I see a download on page 1, some on page 2, and some of page 3? so confused :p

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The one on page 3, just a few posts back: (crystal fantasy - english storyline TL 0.25.zip)

It's without Hard Mode. When I am finished the translation there wont be an option. Hard Mode or Expert Mode with translations will be the only two options.
Progressing through the game is a joke otherwise.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The 0.25 one doesnt seem to translate items and menus and what not, just maps?

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry, that one is on page 2, near the bottom. (Plugins)

They will all be together when its all finished.

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So progress is coming along pretty well despite my busy schedule. Just thought I would see if anyone has answers to this...

... trying to translate the fast travel locations. Tried looking at the png's in img/stages and tried renaming locations from MOG_FastTravel.js... neither does much. Any thoughts?

Also since I'm posing at the moment... Alot of the high level spells/skills are supposed to be a full screen effect. An example would be like "leviathan". But I think because the battle camera moves around it ends up cutting off a bunch of the effect (in other words the camera is focused on a different location and the effect isnt staying with the camera). Anyone else have this issue/ know a quick fix for it? Thanks.
That's great to hear about your progress. I'm keenly waiting on the day that I will be able to play and enjoy this game fully (including the H-Scenes hopefully).

Too bad that I can't help with the issues you're having. Not exactly a technically know-how... Hope someone will come along to help with your questions.

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

When I am finished the translation there wont be an option. Hard Mode or Expert Mode with translations will be the only two options.
Progressing through the game is a joke otherwise.
That's really dumb. It should be an option, not forced for an arbitrary reason like that.

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's really dumb. It should be an option, not forced for an arbitrary reason like that.
I've played the game with the hard mode from the available translation files and I can say that it's nothing difficult at all (although I haven't got far because I'm waiting for the game to be fully translated including the H-scenes). I actually feel that it's a lot more fun.

Although, there might be some people who don't care about the gameplay at all and just want to breeze through it for the story or H-scenes. That's also understandable for me. You can perhaps try to alter the files again to make it easy for you. There are some cheating plugins too for RPG Maker MV if you feel like you can't finish the game.

@kingearl
If it's an easy thing to do, perhaps the translation files and the gameplay change files (for hard and expert mode) can indeed be separated. Otherwise, if it's difficult to do so or makes things hard to manage, then it's fine for me not to separate the files and so far, pretty sure the hard mode is not exactly hard at all.

In the end, I'll leave the decision to you and I'll support whatever decision you make. I'm happy and grateful enough that there's a translation in work for the game.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Don't download either of them then. Releasing 3 different patches doesn't interest me, especially since all my files are so altered now I have to backtrack to even post a "hard mode" patch. If I have more time to spend on this game I will use it towards adding nostalgic content and side missions for a DLC pack at a later date. I've been playing around with that and there is definitely some potential there.

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I've played the game with the hard mode from the available translation files and I can say that it's nothing difficult at all (although I haven't got far because I'm waiting for the game to be fully translated including the H-scenes). I actually feel that it's a lot more fun.

Although, there might be some people who don't care about the gameplay at all and just want to breeze through it for the story or H-scenes. That's also understandable for me. You can perhaps try to alter the files again to make it easy for you. There are some cheating plugins too for RPG Maker MV if you feel like you can't finish the game.
That's not the point. I'd have said the same thing if he was instead making the game easier. The point is that he's changing shit that's irrelevant to the translation and then arbitrarily forcing those changes on anyone who just wants the translation to be just that, a translation.

Don't download either of them then. Releasing 3 different patches doesn't interest me, especially since all my files are so altered now I have to backtrack to even post a "hard mode" patch. If I have more time to spend on this game I will use it towards adding nostalgic content and side missions for a DLC pack at a later date. I've been playing around with that and there is definitely some potential there.
If you can't be bothered with that, can you at least post what you changed (translation aside) so there's the option of reverting shit? I'd also suggest that when the patch is all done and you post it that you mention that it also changes the gameplay to be harder.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The info on what's changed comes in a readme with the patch. The "hard mode' patch has been posted already.... just not with the translation yet. (details of changes are in that post as well)

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's not the point. I'd have said the same thing if he was instead making the game easier. The point is that he's changing shit that's irrelevant to the translation and then arbitrarily forcing those changes on anyone who just wants the translation to be just that, a translation.
Now that you know what the changes were done for hard mode (it's there a few posts back at page 3). Perhaps you, or someone with the knowledge can opt to help making files that will revert the gameplay back.

I hope this would be enough and we can let Kingearl back to work on his translation comfortably :)

Nurblets

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Anyone mind re-linking to the virtual packages extractor thread? current one doesn't work since the site update.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Anyone mind re-linking to the virtual packages extractor thread? current one doesn't work since the site update.
The forum is still being worked on, so I will wait to update the links in the first post until they are done. Don't want to have to edit all my threads dozens of times while things are being fixed. (but obviously anyone else is free to post links if they like)

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well looks like the forum is getting back on it's feet. Good stuff...

I guess i should give a status update to the translation.
It been slow, not because ive been having many issues but because ive been working 14 hour shifts 7 days a week lately. Sorry for the bum news on this front. Current progress is that the story line is in fact 100% complete (and ive done a couple playthroughs on expert mode btw). The 21 H Scenes are about 8% done. I find them tedious and somewhat hard to translate accurately.

My work schedule will drop dramatically in 3 weeks... but i hope to be finished before then.
On another front, I am pretty pumped about my DLC content ideas for this game. Any final fantasy lover will wet their pants. Just need to figure out the program a bit more.

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That's great to hear about your progress though it's bad news about your work. Good luck and hope the situation will get better and better for you.

Any plans on sharing the completed translation so far? Though I don't mind waiting for the H Scenes since they are pretty important for me too haha.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ya i think i would rather just finish with the project before sending anymore partial patches out, sorry. Also, the fast travel locations wont be translated because i can't figure it out. There will also be about a dozen bug fixes to the game itself in these patches, most very minor (wrong names and pictures displayed in conversations) but one or two game crashing bugs.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Ya i think i would rather just finish with the project before sending anymore partial patches out, sorry. Also, the fast travel locations wont be translated because i can't figure it out. There will also be about a dozen bug fixes to the game itself in these patches, most very minor (wrong names and pictures displayed in conversations) but one or two game crashing bugs.
I might be able to figure those fast travel locations out, remind me when you are farther along and I will have a look.