What's new

Conversations

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Eve grins and slows to a crawl, "Yo! Fletch! I was just coming to see you. Got some important news... is that a dog?"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 2 - The Calm Before the Storm

Fletch turns his head, and a happy grin shows on his face as he sees Eve. "Hey there! You haven't met Bubba yet?" The big, slobbering mastiff rises and puts his paws on Eve's door to see who the man is talking to. "I sorta kinda freed him from the farm house. Down, boy!"

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"It's been a busy busy night." She grinned wryly. "Why don't we head back to the garage and I can tell you all about it." She scratched Bubba's head behind his ears and grinned a little goofily. "Who's a good boy? You are! Yes you aaaare!"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch hmmms. Bubba, on the other hand, happily wags his tail at the scritches. "I just came from there before I fed... How about you give Bubba and me a ride home, and you tell me there?"

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve laughed, "I just grabbed a bite myself. Sure, climb on in. It's long and complicated. Claire and I almost bit the dust tonight."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch smiles - until he remembers his size compared to Eve's car. With a quiet sigh he opens the door and lets Bubba in the rear seats before cramming himself into the beetle. "Tell me about it," he grumbles. "I got a window in the garage thrown in and scrapped with a 100 year old Tremere. Did you know that just ramming anything into our heart doesn't work? Probably HAS to be wood or something."

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"No kidding?" She shakes her head and starts to drive off. "Do you know why he was there? What was he looking for?"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"He was looking for Vincent. Vinnie. The Vincinerator," he remarks and chuckles for a moment. "Ah shit, should've taken somebody sober," he grumbles and shakes his head. "He came by earlier and somebody saw him, and some of a local gang got their heads dominated," he stumbles over the word a few times, "into causing a ruckus. An Anarch, too. Good thing River came by, or things would've gotten bloody. Er. Bloodier."

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve chuckled. "Picked someone sober? Why? I know I could use a drink after tonight. Do you think it was a personal grudge, or what?"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch grins. "Well, it makes it kinda hard to relay... Relay. Reeeeelay. I like the way this rolls off the tongue. See?" He slaps his hands together. "Can't tell a straight story for shit right now. But yeah, I think it's something personal... But shit. Here I am babbling all about myself and shit, and you had a hard day as well. Night, actually. Maybe... It's been a hard day's night," he suddenly bursts out in a terrible singing voice, and I've been working like a dog." As Bubba starts howling, Fletch bursts out laughing. "Damn, I miss this. Drowning all the shit in a few glasses of whiskey. I haven't been happy since... well, since I got stuffed in a hole." His eyes stare into the distance for a moment, and his hands curls into fists.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve joins in the singing with him and giggles, but when he trails off she gives him a worried look. "You alright, darlin'?"

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch's head jerks up ever so slightly, as if coming out of thought. His hands relax. "Just fond memories of The Bitch," he grumbles and shrugs his shoulders. "But seriously, enough about me. I can whine when I'm alone. Who almost killed you, and how grizzly do you want him murdered?"

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Clair wants his head on a pike in Hawaii. Frankly I agree with her." They pulled up into the garage. "Someone called me claiming Alexander wanted to see me. So, I get to this campsite and Claire's there. We hear gunshots and then take off in my bug. And we almost ran over Jack on the way out."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch grunts and gets out of the car. Stretching his limbs, he says, "well shit. Somebody knew how shotgun happy Claire is, hm? C'mon, Bubba!" The mastiff jumps out and leaves nothing but a faint smell of dog. He sits down in front of Fletch and stares up at him. "What? Oh... oh right, I promised you a burger." He walks over to the door into the house and almost drops his keys. "You want to come in, Eve?"

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Conversations

She followed him in, petting Bubba again. "Yeah. Not only that, but the bullets he used were the same kind Claire uses. Common enough, but..." she shrugged. "We managed to find the only survivor and she gave us a description of the Kindred that gunned her and her friends down. Jack covered the whole thing up for us, but now we each owe him a boon." she rolled her eyes. "And from the description the kine gave us, I'm pretty sure I know who it is and why they were after Claire and I... and since we're the bloodsucking Brady Bunch, I figure he might come after the rest of ya'll as well."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch grumbles and heads into the kitchen corner. "Well he may as well take a number and get in line. The Nossie at the farm house that got away, ALL of the Sabbat in general, that Tremere and fuck knows who else." He gets a bowl from the kitchen and puts in some ground meat from the fridge. After a moment though he stops and thinks... and gets a knife to cut himself in the arm. Watching the blood flow over the ground meat, he starts to work it into a mass before placing it on the floor. "There you go, Bubba," he grumbles and licks the wound to close it.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"It's worse than that." Eve said leaning against the wall of the kitchen. "You remember the guy from Calgary? The description from the kine tells me it's him. And he's part of my own clan." She rubbed her face. "And we can't just denounce him to the Prince. Kindred politics states that rank and harmony are more important than proof. If we take him down, we have to do it quietly and with no chance it can be traced to us."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch grumbles and thinks for a while. "Maybe... maybe we don't have to denounce him. Maybe we can just find some hard evidence, hand it over to the Prince without saying anything, y'know? 'Here, this might interest you. Bye!'" He looks at Bubba, who started chowing down the blood-tainted meat. "Or we can send him an anonymous package or something. Shit, I don't know. I'm not a politician."

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

She shook her head. "Even with hard evidence he has more status than all of us put together. He can just turn it back around on us, say he saw us doing it and that's it for us. We get to die by 'Vinnie's' hand. Hell, he could even say he saw our whole coterie there. That's how this place works. If we want him dead, we need to kill him or get some Anarchs to do it for us. And we have more status than the Anarchs... so there's no way they'd be believed." Eve grinned. "All it takes is the right words to the right people. A few comments here and there. Anyway, what's this about a Nossie in the farmhouse? My clan decided they needed me and I couldn't say no to them. That's an easy way to get killed or worse."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch grunts and shakes his head. "There was this Nosferatu at the farm house we burnt down. Frankly, he was about to wipe the floor with us, but he got a call and had to get out there in a hurry... Actually," he says and sits up straighter on his couch. "I remember now! He got a call from Mist. He might be a connection to The Bitch!"