What's new

Chronicles of Lonvenholm

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Chronicles of Lonvenholm

Hi,

I tried your game and i like the art.
Well, i don't like VN but tactics battles attracted me.

I don't know what you plan for the final release but that genre is fully exploited in a lot of games and i think you could do better.
Well, i'm a tactical games fan from my beginnings with shining force, x-com ennemy unknown and heroes of might and magic 2 so of course, i have high standards.

For an amateur project, simple is good, still, as there is no movement, some more tactical options or moves would be nice.
And maybe faster fights and an auto battle option if you have to fight3+ times in a row.

Good luck.

Raveman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is a little project, can't be compared to things like Shadowrun Dragonfall, even Winterwolves has a development team, and they do VN with static images most of the time.

I think the better approach to combat could be classic Dungeon Crawler, portraits of your heroes with HP/MP bars and CGs for the enemies.
Keeping in mind low budget and little working force, you can even use portraits for random enemies and use full CGs only with Boss battles.

OP
Keliar

Keliar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There are a lot of options for battles, we don’t want to alter the current system without thinking it through. After June release, I will make a public post about our current development vector with some details and thoughts about the changes for our features, not just combat.