Christine ( \oO.Oo/ )

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Christine ( \oO.Oo/ )

Influence~ The Long path. Influence brings Power and Teaches Wisdom and Cunning. Power will bring Influence and with that Influence, Wisdom, and Wisdom will lead you to power and Influence. The three tenets are complimentary you see. She said, gesturing to each altar and it's association.

Influence was the altar to her left, and rather then make her bring an offering, a small silver cup appeared containing a thick amber liquid. Drink. And then you can ask questions, rest, explore. You're Home.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Thank you." Christine replies, moving to the shrine and picking up the cup. She gently sniffs at the liquid before downing it in one go.

"Well, I come here in ignorance, so can we start with the basics, please? What IS this place?"

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The liquid rushes through her body with an open heat that relaxes her muscles and sets her mind abuzz with open power, making her head spin for a moment.

Christine has tasted Influence. She gets +2 to all disguises and illusions while in true form.

Brianna nodded, crossing her legs and brushing one of her tails. This place is where Magic lives. All magic, when other people use magic in the other world, its because it leaks into that world from here, or that person is From this place originally. While you're here you don't need to feed on other people's energy, or eat, or sleep if you don't want to. But in the human world, you need to sustain magic by visiting bleed spots like another shrine or a fairy circle. Or by taking it from humans. she said, looking up and thinking.

Here, every creature that has ever lived can exist, and even those that exist only in dreams. The wills of the many shape this place, make it what it is. It's why darker things are coming to nest here now, the humans and those of us left are turned to darker thoughts and nightmares... she explained, gesturing around her.

The Fairies have suffered the most though, I miss them, their used to be so many. But the darker energies, cos they live on the circles and maintain them, have twisted them into something to match it.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Does it go both ways? Can shaping things here affect the way they are in the other world?" Christine asks, sitting down near Brianna and enjoying the buzz of the drink.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, but we don't have the numbers here anymore for that, though the dark is growing. So those of us left keep it in check. But we're losing. Something needs to give in the other world to help stabilize this one. It's sad really. Brianna answered, shrugging.

It doesn't help us that over there? Humans are Food. she continued, brushing her tail with a comb because she'd spotted a tangle. Lackluster lovers too.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"So what can we do about it? There's seems to be a lot of people, and not many who are willing to listen." Christine asks. "For that matter, what CAN I do? In general, I mean."

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

You can get stronger, survive. But I suppose, it's the church to blame. It's scared the people into obedience. Made everything worse in exchange for power, it even controls the governments of the humans. Or you could just live your life, wait for it to pass. Could be 10 years... could be a millennia... she said, looking a little sad.

No matter what you decide, you should stay here for a little while, get some strength, some experience, before going back. As you are, with only a single tail.... You'd fall quickly.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Well, I suppose there's no reason to hurry." Christine replies, stretching her arms a bit. "Can we start training now?"

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Woah, wait. You want me to train you? she said, taken aback a bit, before reaching up and scratching her head, ears twitching noticably for several moments while she thought. Well.... Suppose there isn't much else better to do is there. Not like I've had company in a long while... she finished, ears drooping as she admitted that.

Alright. What do you know how to do on your own? I guess I need to know what you know before I do anything.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Well, uh..." the realization that she doesn't actually know what she can do suddenly dawns on Christine. "I can shapeshift, obviously, I can use fire magic, I can do some fairly basic illusions..."

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Soo... you don't actually know anything. You've been running on instinct. Ok. The fire is easy, Foxfire isn't regular fire, it will burn things most people wouldn't think its possible to burn, but the harder it would normally be to burn, the longer it would take. You can burn a brick... if you give it 5 days to burn. Understand? no? Good. Just focus on the flames themselves, don't actually focus on burning one particular thing, because then you'll conjure the flames There, and start a fire. she said, holding out her palm, and letting a pearly green ball of flames sputter to life.

Go on, give it a try. There will be a limit on how many you can summon, but once you have them floating around? If you don't banish them, they'll attack anything you feel is threatening. They're linked to you. The problem is, if you wander around with little wil'o'wisps, it's pretty obvious you're not human. But they're good if you're running away. Because summoning them like this is much easier. You don't have to focus very hard, you can just bring them into being, and within about 15 feet, they'll do the rest. Otherwise you can throw them, you can conjure them on anything you can see, but that is a lot more draining, and you can shape them, mold them. They're tiny pieces of your soul. she explained, finishing by molding her own little green fire into a dancing kitsune on her palm.

Last edited:

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Christine obediently extends her palm, willing for a flame to appear. "Sounds like it'll come handy for intimidating people if need be." she comments, making the flame spin idly in the air and then sending it to orbit her head.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Good. see? they're not difficult to handle. Now see how many you can bring up at once. Once you have too many I'll be able to see how well suited you are to it.

She said, watching Christine closely while she muttered something, her eyes flashing.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Okay..." Christine replies, starting to create more of the flames and setting them around her head one by one, not trying anything fancy with them right now.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

No matter what she tried, the most she could hold at any time was 3, before the others would collapse, the strain in creating and controlling a 4th simply too much for her right now.

Brianna nodded as if this was expected rather then impressive. Right about where you should be. You're young after all. she said, dismissing the flames.

The degree to which you can control them depends on you obviously, but you have other abilities, several I bet you didn't even know about. And 2 are particularly important. One is Life Drain, and the other is your Charm. And those are gonna be a little trickier to show you. I can only tell you how to try and use them, practice.... That you'll have to do on your own. But, Those who favor Influence have greater control over these abilities, as well as their illusions. To use either, you need to be touching someone, the stronger the mind, the harder they are to use. Charm is the simpler one. It'll make you and your opinions... Much more favorable for about 5 minutes. You can make it longer if you spend more time with the person. The other? Life Drain... That's for feeding and growing. You could live on pheasant and the like, it'll keep you alive. But you wont get any stronger. If you're touching a human or other lesser animal, you can draw it's life force out of it's body and into your own. Your victim will die, this goes without saying. But you'll start to grow properly rather then just... I assume you've just been surviving in the human world. You only have 1 tail. Brianna explained, pointing.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"How much more favorable are we talking about, here? Willing to do anything?" Christine asks, wagging her tail as she listens to the older kitsune.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Brianna chuckled. Yes Dear, Anything. However, please take these words to heart. The more difficult the command, or the more it runs against the persons nature, the less time they will have under your control. The command will still stick, it will haunt their mind, they will be compelled to attempt to complete it until it's done, or it kills them. But, say you ordered a man to kill his best friend, or his wife. Or even himself. Such commands are dangerous, because the moment it takes hold, your charm will fail, they will know you for what you are, and they will not react kindly. But after you have left...? They will still try and follow that command. It is an extremely powerful and dangerous ability. I say Die Trying, because they are likely to fight the compulsion, hesitating, questioning, making mistakes. Several of us, before we were nearly wiped out, tried to get church followers to kill higher officials. They hesitated in the final moments and were killed instead. she explained.

And if they Survive. she added darkly, her eyes narrowing. They will never forget you. Not your smell, or feel, taste, face. They will know you no matter what disguise you wear, or illusions you use. It is the cost of such control..

Making sure her warning stuck, Brianna sighed and pointed at the alters.

Influence, Power, and Wisdom. There are two other gifts our kind was given. One is Eidetic Memory. You will never forget where you've been, what you've heard, what you've seen. No matter the time, no matter the complexity. And one last ability that is a little rarer among our kind. But... You have the fur color. Being an Albino, that white color in your tails. Is a sign of a possibility, and I have to know. I need you to sit on the floor as comfortably as you can. And I need you to focus very, very hard at the space behind me on the alter. Anywhere, but you must pick only one, and you must focus your entire being on that spot. Please indulge me. she said, looking both excited, and nervous.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"That sounds... terrifying. I hope I won't have to push it that far."

Christine nods and crosses her legs. She carefully brings her focus on a spot about 10 feet behind Brianna, and starts one by one shutting off all distractions, until she's entirely focused on that spot.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Christine could feel what could only be described as raw, unadulterated strain pulsing through her mind, as muscles she had never used, or even stretched, finally moved, Finally unlocked inside her, before, with a soft flash of blue light, much like her fire, she suddenly appeared where she wanted to be, a streak of ice showing where she had traveled, snowflakes whirling up from the ground and through the air, and a vicious looking patch of ice, spikes rising around her, appeared about 2 feet around where she landed.

They weren't large enough to hurt anyone... unless they say... tried to follow, and fell on them... Each was about a foot tall, and a couple inches thick. It would be extremely unpleasant. But she had pulled it off and Brianna turned to look at her, both amazed, and a little afraid.

I... you... she stammered, before shaking off her shock. You're a snow fox... I never... The last died so many years ago... she started, apparently unable to immediately shake off what she'd just witnessed despite her best efforts, and instead wrapping Christine up in a tight hug, including all six of her tails.

Christine would notice now that she was closer, that frost was clinging to Brianna in places along her fur. She'd violently chilled the air through the space she'd traveled. Caught up in Brianna's embrace, which was warm, and completely unhostile, she heard Brianna sniffle. Well done little one. Well done. she said softly. Having finally gotten control back. You should know. That that ability, will drain you more then the others. Be careful with it. But those are all what you're capable of. You know a bit more about yourself. I hope this was what you wanted when you came here. But... if you don't mind. My late wife was just like you... And I'd like some time alone. she whispered, releasing Christine and stepping away, moving towards the back of the shrine.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Christine's face shows strain and when it suddenly disappears, she would surely have stumbled were she not seated. "Whoa!"

Careful not to slip, she stands up and responds to Brianna's hug in kind, holding her tightly lest her legs betray her. "I noticed. And it's okay, I understand." Smiling gently at Brianna, she turns away and goes to sit in front of the shrine for a while, enjoying the quiet and peace of the forest.