What's new

ADV [ Chogokin Dental ] [ チョウゴウキンデンタル ] Harem in maze / Harem in maze -ハレムインメイズ- RE052544 RJ052544

alcaster42

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Harem in maze

As for the game, the fun part is trying to get the clothing.

When you choose the sex option back at camp, that character gets an SP item.
When you fight, you can use this SP item once for a super attack.
Then to get it back, you have to have sex again (which the price increase as they level or something).

The level up system is almost like . Where your xp goes from 0-100 and level up. Any excess xp is discarded. It repeats until lv50 where it now goes 175 and higher.

As for the battle, that little button at the bottom took some figuring out.
Since the author's site explanation was Japanese on gif files. Couldn't translate that sucker.

See the pick below for explanation.

Attachments

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Going through this again...I forgot how hard it is to get all the trap scenes in this game. It was going well at first, but now they seem to always succeed at disabling them. Great for progressing the game, but not so great for trying to get the H scenes.

alcaster42

Lurker
Reputation score

So how many outfits are there?

HiM:
---
Figther
Assassin
Rouge
Medic
Mage
Dancer
---
Gym clothes (Bloomer)
V Swimsuit
Sukumizu (School Swimsuits)
Cheongsam
Fundoshi, the Japanese Naked Festival "Hadaka Matsuri"
Leather Slave oufit
Bunny Suit
Suspender Naked outfit
Piercing (nipple & clitoris)

HiM UPPERS:
Ao dai type modified? (the one with a string in the middle, aqua color)
Maid
Armor (looks like Saber outfit)
See-Through Lingerie
Chain Collar + Vibrator
Tentacle Wrap
Crotchless Catsuit
Large shoulder pad armor with chain piercings hooked to the body
Turtle Tie SM Rope
White Idol-like outfit
White Idol-like outfit with exposed parts

Eldanesh69

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Don't suppose someone is even remotely close to translating any of the skills of the characters?

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

I could translate 90%+ of this game, if not all of it, without very much trouble at all. Lots of Katakana, and context makes it generally pretty simple to understand what is going on. Problem is time and other technical stuff. I don't have a lot of experience with unpacking the texts files for these kinds of games and then repacking them (in such a way that they are readable). But maybe I'll get bored and try it anyway. If I get started on this, I'll indicate that I'm working on it. It make take about two weeks, if not more, for me to actually get through translating it though.

If anyone wants to help with the technical part, shoot me a PM, though I'm honestly not expecting much in the way of help.

T-A-B

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I could translate 90%+ of this game, if not all of it, without very much trouble at all. Lots of Katakana, and context makes it generally pretty simple to understand what is going on. Problem is time and other technical stuff. I don't have a lot of experience with unpacking the texts files for these kinds of games and then repacking them (in such a way that they are readable). But maybe I'll get bored and try it anyway. If I get started on this, I'll indicate that I'm working on it. It make take about two weeks, if not more, for me to actually get through translating it though.

If anyone wants to help with the technical part, shoot me a PM, though I'm honestly not expecting much in the way of help.
An act of such magnitude will ensure your place in the halls of Valhalla.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

An act of such magnitude will ensure your place in the halls of Valhalla.
Well, I figure I've been leeching off of various communities for long enough that I should start putting some effort back in. And since I do have some skill with the language, and I do rather enjoy this game (simple as it may be), I'm going to try to do what I can to contribute back.

That said, this is my first time working with actually taking apart game files to do the translation. I'm pretty much just messing around with various extraction tools to see if I can get what I need. I'm learning as I go, but at least I am learning.

Also, as much as I'd love to do this entire thing myself, is there anyone who can edit an image to replace text without having it look completely awful? I can translate and work with code, but photoshop is NOT my area of expertise. I can provide the images in question and even tell you what the words I need inserted are and where they go. It's just that if I actually put them there myself, it will look pretty bad. If you want to help me with this part (it's not very much work to be honest), just send me a PM.

Update for those of you keeping up: I've worked out how to actually pull text, translate, and repack it into the game's files. That means a ~80% translation (items, skills, enemies, trap dialogue, etc) will be done pretty quickly, as I'll be hammering all that out first. Conversations and such will be left til last, because you don't need to know it at all to play the game. And again, I will translate all the menu options and such, but I'd appreciate if someone else will actually edit the images for those because if I do it it will look bad. And I don't want it to look bad.

Last edited:

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Double post because I'm actually making real progress here.

Items are done, at least as far as using them form the menu when in the Labyrinth. As you can seem this includes tooltips(!).

This took all of ten minutes to do once I figured out what I was doing. A bit of copy/paste, and the shop will be done too (which is pretty much all of the regular items at that point). Skills are coming next, though I may word some of them wrong or just weirdly, so for future reference, if anyone happens to catch a mistake, do let me know and I'll go back and correct it.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

Double post because I'm actually making real progress here.

Items are done, at least as far as using them form the menu when in the Labyrinth. As you can seem this includes tooltips(!).

This took all of ten minutes to do once I figured out what I was doing. A bit of copy/paste, and the shop will be done too (which is pretty much all of the regular items at that point). Skills are coming next, though I may word some of them wrong or just weirdly, so for future reference, if anyone happens to catch a mistake, do let me know and I'll go back and correct it.
Awesome progress~! Might make me pick this up once more honestly.

As for traps: I recalled making new cast JUST to get traps failure in some situations. Take a high level and the low level, and start collecting on images.

UPPER's had a lot of new outfits, I rather enjoyed the tentacle one myself. I never liked the entire 'random' style for getting them though...I KINDA wish there was ways to have one for stats, and then another for looks, but oh well.

Also the Dialog for this game's pretty damn funny I think, a real treat if you sit down and go about doing all of it. Still, I wish you luck on this~!

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Also the Dialog for this game's pretty damn funny I think, a real treat if you sit down and go about doing all of it.
Yeah, the dialogue actually is pretty funny. I plan to get around to it eventually, but it's the very last thing on my list, since it doesn't impact gameplay. Once I get everything else done, I'm going to assess just how much work will be left to do that, and if it's a lot, I might release a partial translation patch with everything else for those who don't care about the story.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Just a quick update here, I'll be posting a rough translation patch soon (read: in 2 or 3 days). I had some hangups that took up a lot of my free time or else this would have been released a lot sooner (most of it was done within the first two days).

Notably, this will not be a full translation. But it should be more than a good start. The thing is, I ran into a few issues. The big one is this: all of the armor type equipment form the original game has its info stored in a database, which is rather easy to edit. The new armor styles added in Uppers seem to be generated through the code somehow. This makes them a royal pain in the ass, because I have yet to actually work out exactly where the name as it displays on screen is coming from exactly. So basically, armor is translated until you get to the Uppers part of the game. Apart from that, combat is pretty much half and half. You'll be able to see which skills are which and roughly what they do, as well as know what items you are using, but for the part where the message box dictates what is happening, it's going to take some more time.

The main thing I'm working on at the moment is the story sections. As I stated before, the first thing is to gauge how much work this will actually take. If it will take a lot, I'll do a patch without it. Otherwise, I'll rush through it and add it in the patch. I WILL be releasing an updated version of the translation eventually that should theoretically do everything in the whole game (except voices obviously) but it could take some serious time, so I won't make you all wait that long.

The patch file is going to be an additional one (patch6.xp3) that you can simply add in the same folders as the other patches. It will be designed to work with the FULL game (basic game+patches+uppers+patches+translation), so make sure you have that first to avoid problems. Also, to get the full effect, you're going to need to start a new game. Particularly in the case of characters, their skillsets are taken from a database when the character is created. That means there's no way I know of for existing characters to have their skills translated; you will have to remake them. Weapons and armor also have their names generated on discovery of them in the dungeon, so your existing ones will always be in Japanese. If you just start form the beginning, though, none of this should really matter.

More details when I actually post the patch. I probably won't post again until then unless something comes up.

Ayu Break

Reputation score

Sorry about the necro-bump, but what became of the translation patch?

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Sorry about the necro-bump, but what became of the translation patch?
In short, major problems trying to figure out the code that generated text for certain portions of the game. I have all of the files still, so I'll polish and reupload my patch as it was when I start working on the one for HiM2.

Ayu Break

Reputation score

In short, major problems trying to figure out the code that generated text for certain portions of the game. I have all of the files still, so I'll polish and reupload my patch as it was when I start working on the one for HiM2.
Ah I see, Thanks for the answer, even a partal patch can make a game more playable. thanks for the hard work.

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't suppose that anyone still has a functioning download link for this game? Everywhere I go now tells me that the files no longer exist.

Senka

Reputation score

Well, I'm eager to see how well your patch works. Did you ever end up posting it anywhere? I found this: h ttp://18sxgames.wordpress.com/2009/10/18/harem-in-maze

But I don't know if that's your work or not. Either way, where did they get it from assuming they're not lying about that download being in English? Turns out it's old anyway, so I can't even check.

Stiltzkinator

Reputation score

Going by the pictures, I don't see anything translated at all. I hope it's not my patch they snagged and are using, since it was never extensively tested.

In fact, now that you mention it, I was sure that I had uploaded it somewhere, but I certainly don't see it. Give me a bit and I'll update this post with what I have so far.

Senka

Reputation score

Well, in the last screenshot the commands are in English, but it looks strange like the screenshot itself is edited for some reason. Also the class names are all in English, sort of, but maybe they already were in the original game? It's been a really long time since I last played this game.

Senka

Reputation score

Were you able to find anything related to this?