Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Who Rules the Ruins (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Both guards laughed out loud at that statement. "Quite the imagination he has. Only in his dreams I bet" More laughter. Whipping a tear from his eye the guard who had been doing the most talking addressed the other one. "Alright Henry go get the brat this should be fun to watch." The other guard left and headed up to the manor leaving Rikke with one guard and Jess standing in the street.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Oh~ no no. This is private my dear sir." Rikke placed her hands on her hips and stared the guard down "I'll tutor the brat in private if you don't mind." the girl nodded firmly. This was indeed a conversation not to be shared...

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Just stay insight it will be my hide if the boy takes off." The guard's voice had a threat of violence in it but Rikke easily brushed it off. The guard was no match for Rikke even on his best day. The tense moment was soon broke by the other guard returning with the paige being dragged by his elbow down the path struggling in vain to get away.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"There you are!" Rikke tapped her shoulder looking at the child "You and me need to have a little chit chat mister~" the rogue knelt down and subtly winked at the child, likely the page was completely lost at whats going on, still if Rikke gave him a sign to follow maybe he'll listen and play along with her. Kids do love some games... or he'll just call her crazy "I'll take him right over there, in eyesight as promised... my companion will stay here, just to assure you we aren't here to run away with the brat." Rikke nodded and hopefully the chiold would follow her away to a safe distance to chat.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"LET ME GO YOU OLAF!" the guard continued to drag the boy by his elbow. "SHUT YE TRAP BOY!" The guard used his free hand to smack the poor kid on the back of the head. This of course shut the kid up but as soon as he saw who was waiting for him he blushed even more. "Heres the boy miss I hope you tan his hide good the little bugger bit me." The paige by this time had freed himself from the guard and was busy straightening his uniform. Rikke was right he did look confused but his past experience with the rogue let him be lead away from the guards.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke glanced back to the guards making sure she was well out of their hearing range and not much to her surprised were far too busy checking the heroine out, their eyes undressing her... ugh... just like DeGravil to get "the best of the best" to guard the estate.

"Sorry about that, I just needed to talk to you and it was the first idea that popped into my mind." Rikke smiled warmly and knelt down to the child "I don't think we've been properly introduced, I'm Rikke. And you?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Im Philip the page at your service Rikke the hero." Rikke the what? apparently she was starting to get a name for herself. "What can I do for one of the hero's of Endus?"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well the title should let her get the information easier... though for what feat was she honored remained a mystery "Philip. This may sound odd, but what we're about to discuss you must keep it a secret, don't tell anyone. The heroine of Endus needs YOUR help." Rikke smiled warmly letting that sink in to the child "Now Philip, do you know where mister DeGravils lives or spends his time most? I need to find his private quarters, there may be some information I must find there."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Thats easy hero Rikke he lives in the manor. Is there anything else?" Well that was simple apparently DeGravel fancied himself a noble of some sort and was staying in the manor living it up.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Does he have any odd habbits? Like going out every night somewhere. Maybe he recently talked with some odd people?.. and which manor are we talking about here?" Rikke wanted to get as much information as possible from the boy, afterall he lived right next to DeGravil and common sights for him, may prove invalueable to her.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hes always talking to strange people he even had this giant fellow talking with him recently though with as much clothing and large cloak I couldn't see him that well but he felt evil. As for habits he dosn't really leave the manor and has all his need brought in he even makes me taste his food and wine."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

'A huge cloaked figure?' was this the summoner... "I see. One more thing, does he have some room or place that he forbids anyone to enter, as in really flips tables if anyone gets near it?" this would likely be the last question the girl would ask Philip before explaining how they should return to the guards.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Philp frowned "Sorry Hero I do not know of such a place I only see him in his conference room." It was all the young man had to offer the rogue so she sent him back along to the guards deciding her next move.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Well you've been very helpful nevertheless Philip" Rikke smiled warmly and kissed the little fella on the forehead "Now when we return to the guards, let's pretend you've been spreading stories about me and you. Due to a crush you have on me. 'kay?" the heroine giggled warmly and sent the child back to the guards. Well now she knew DeGravil had contact with the malicious forces and spends most of his time in the manor... though things seemed far too easy. No way could Rheas best not sneak by these idiot guards and into DeGravils office...

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It was indeed strange something else must be afoot maybe a secret passage or transportation magic Rikke wasn't sure. Philip hardly need any encouragement to pretend to have a crush on Rikke after all most boys his age where already staring at the rogue. Still it helped his story and the two buffoons at the gate where easily fooled. The question was what to do now?

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well there was only one thing left to do... sneak inside and gather whatever informations he could from DeGravil or his quarters. The rogue let the boy skip first and came up to Jessica smiling, not even turning to the guards to aknoledge them "What now Rikke?" the heroine smirked slyly to her companion "Now, my dear, we wait till nightfall and we're going inside." the rogue smiled slyly and went on to the blacksmith or wargs, wherever she could find a blackjack. Her friend wasn't quite as good in sneaking around so Rikke would have to take care of the guards first. Those would not be evil folk just lazy and lightly paid merc... no reason to harm them.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Walking a bit away Jess spoke to Rikke "So we are gonna sneak in?" Rikke nodded which caused Jess to blush. "Umm Rikke? can I have a really deep kiss with your right now?"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Since you asked..." The rogue smiled warmly at her companion with the permission granted the two kissed deeply, Rikke didn't really know what earned her this, but she wasn't complaining. Dreamily opening her eyes from the kiss the heroine giggled warmly "I missed this so much..." Rikke allowed Jessica to hold her for as long as she wished, but sooner than later the rogue spoke up again "We've got to get some supplies if we're going in. I need a blackjack to take out the guards tonight."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rikke tried to break the kiss but Jess was more insistent than usual. Rikke felt her lover pull on her soul drawing far more than Rikke was ever use to. It was to much Rikke felt herself begin to slip away when all of a sudden it all came rushing back in leaving the rogue lightheaded and being held in Jess's arms "Sorry Rikke I didn't want to get caught helping you tonight so I had to learn how to sneak like a pro. You'll be alright just walk it off." Well that was awkward and dangerous.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke lightly stepped back woozy from her draining "Jess! Warn me next time... geez..." the rogue temporaly glared at her companion rather angry at such an action "Don't do that without warning me ever again Jessica." if Jess looked over Rikke she had hints of fear in her stance, such a powerful soul drain suddenly really scared her "Let's go back to the wargs I think I saw a blackjack in their armory." for this walk Rikke would keep a healthy distance from her companion be it punishment or primal fear.