What's new

Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 4 An Uncertain Future(Ubberific) GMed by ranger

All these branches and turns! Rikke looked boths growing clearly annoyed at the design, the architect of this placed deserved a downright proper strangling! Still just as Rikke was about to continue with her previous plan NOT to turn to any of the passages, a ever so subtly sparkle caught her eye.

It was just a mere drop of water from the earlier cleaning still lingering in a light crevice in the stone floor, the droplet sparkled from the torch light hinting at... "He went this way!" with renewed vigor the rogue dashed to the side path and deeper in!

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Taking the side path Rikke encountered another turn and then another before ending up next to a door on her left and on her right another door further down. Taking her breath for a moment Rikke listened for anything coming from the door on her left and found it to be silent. Heading to the last door she found it ornate and well made. Listing she heard light talking though she couldn't make it out.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Noting the first doors silence the rogues spirit dimmed lightly, gods perhaps the droplet was just from the musty ceiling?! Still with no movement at the first door the heroine approached the second one... only to hear voices from inside! Not to mention this door seemed far more elaborate than the ones she encountered earlier!

"Yes..." Rikke cheered out in a muted fashion and leaned in to double check, if there was someone inside. Making double sure the rogue leaned out from the door and looked over her gear... she was still dressed in her casual wear - jeans and a turtleneck sweater... hardly combat gear, but at the very least she had her blade at the ready.

Her left hand lightly resting on her pommel the rogue sharpened her eyes and turned the knob, opening the door...

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Opening the door Rikke found a master bedroom fully furnished with a grand bed. Three large leather bound chairs sat around the room. In one rested a pale skinned man dressed in full plate armor with a silver and blue tabard depicting a sun over that. He seemed unarmed but his eyes where red just like the girls. "I see so the lovely intruder has finally made it to my lair. You didn't hurt my girls did you? I would be most displeased if you had. The vampire eyed Rikke a moment before standing. "My my a succubus.." He sniffed the air.... "Humm no not quite.. not even a demon." Gesturing to a nearby wall he spoke. "Would you like some wine?" The man headed over and grabbed a bottle. "I know I don't need it anymore but old habits right. Shall I pour you a glass?"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lady luck smiled on the rogue once more!... that or Misfortune was feeling adventurous today. Rikke instantly looked through the room for any signs of her friend, not quite noting her just yet "I had no quarel with them, I'm here for my friend." she'd keep her blade sheathed as she spoke.

Rikke briefly scanned the vampire over and smirked slyly "Didn't even change out of your armor? I thought the stone coffin slipped sand in the most uncomfortable places." even if the situation was urgent, Rikke couldn't resist a few quips at her opponent "Where's Dianna, Creepy?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man smirked as he poured his glass and turned to Rikke. "She is fine for now. As for my armor well I wear as a reminder of the old days. Besides a knight is always comfortable in his armor." Taking a sip he closed his eyes enjoying the taste. "Umm a fine vintage you don't know what your missing. So what brings you to this place if I may ask. Grave robbing or foolish curiosity?"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Keep dodging my questions and it'll be vampire hunting." Rikke kept sharp eyecontact with the man, though she was clearly in a far more ready stance than the vampire, it wasn't aggresive... yet.

"I've come for the object that ressurected you." the rogue would step inside the room, if only not to have her back against the open door "Finding you was just a coincidence." it was time to see how far did the vampires pride and confidence extended to "Those other girls, can they be cured?" the heroine narrowed her eyes "Have you turned Dia?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The object that resurrected me? Humm Im afraid I don't know what did that. As for you friend Dia she is not a vampire or rather I have not turned her. As for these girls it is too late for them." Sitting down the man took another sip of his wine.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Lieing isn't nice, my knightly vampiric host." Rikke would place her hand on her blades pommel in a far more aggresive manner. Honestly, the rogues knowledge on vampirism was more than a little lacking mostly relying on stereotypes and folk tales.

"So why did you turn them? The expedition group?" Rikke kept her eyes locked on the man "And how many do you have?" with the vampire not making any hostile actions, perhaps there was a chance to actually avoid conflict... as slim as it was. Then again could she actually leave such a creature alive?

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He looked at her before sipping his wine again. "Fair enough though I am being honest about the item you desire. I have no idea what woke me from my deep sleep. However those poor girls.. well when I awoke was ravenous uncontrolled. I took them. To be honest I had no idea what I was doing the beast inside me changed them before I was able to wrestle control from him. As for how many well I have six wives and with a little control magic I make sure they stay and don't hurt anyone else."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke kept her agrresive stance briefly, before relaxing a bit "Then why did you take Dianna?" in 10 years there didn't seem to be any more victims to 'haunted forest', though the remaining dungeon was more than a little vast... still if there was a chance the vampire was keeping himself under control and just living here... One other detail did not add.

Though for now Rikke would listen out what the Vampire had to say for himself "Was it the 'hunger' again?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It was one of my wives. We hunger adventurer so we must feed. Mostly we can sneak a mortal in here and feed to sate our hunger and send them on their way a little drained but not harmed permanently. Unfortunately your friend reacted violently and she was forced to defend herself." Looking up he gauged Rikke's mood. "She is recovering right now and in fact your kitty should be here in a moment.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke suddenly narrowed her eyes "Really? Do your wives happen to have ancient blood running through them as well?" the vampire better had a damn good answer, though while applying her test the rogue added more detail "And what of the girl who escaped? You had your wits back, yet you still hunted her down."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He sighed at her "Typical woman find fault no matter what she sees or hears. Do you know what happens when you become a vampire intruder? Your heart stops as the invading spirit enters you. You die only to wake up cold and empty and hungry. A mockery of life that blood was from my wife it looked old because her heart hasn't pumped for years. As for the last girl she came back on her own. If fact you meet her cleaning floors. She was damaged if you couldn't tell."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke looked to the vampires face briefly, seemingly make a judgement about him, before actually relaxing if only slightly "Being well mannered doesn't make you trustworthy. You should probably understand my caution." she'd look over the vampire once more "I'll stop my interogation, but if you could enlighten me. Whats the difference between feeding and turning someone. Some tales say a single bite is enough to be cursed, others don't."

The rogue would actually remove her hand from her pommel, taking a far less combat-oriented stance - her hands crossed and leaned on one leg. If Rikke was a dash bit more 'normal' perhaps she had already started a conflict... however living among succubi who share this hunger made the rogue know that the initial awakened rampage, may have been temporal lunacy of sorts.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man frowned before speaking. "You have to understand it was the spirit that was bound into my soul that did these things and had the knowledge to perform such acts. What I can remember from that time is this. The only way to become a vampire is to have your soul spliced with another spirit. Then the two spirits via for control of the body till one is victorious and the other is consumed but the taint remains. Once the ritual is performed and the joining successful you are forever a vampire." He looked off in the distance a moment. " I managed to win my fight and stay sane the girls won theirs as well though... they will never be the same people they once where.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke raised a sceptical eyebrow "So you're saying you weren't always a vampire?" she'd look to him in an inspecting fashion "Then just who are you?"

Having learned the vampires name Rikke would quickly ask to be shown to her friend. If agreed she'd follow the strange man by a decent distance, still remaining cautious around him. If he wasn't lieing... then what wuld the rogue do? While the man was no doubt a supernatural creature, who prayed on innocent... just how much different was he from the succubi?

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I am formally Sir William of Therion Getting up Sir William walked out and down the hall passing the room that Rikke had listened at before he continued down the path that Rikke had yet to explore. Eventually they reached another room. Opening this door Rikke found Dia bandaged and unconscious while the figure in white sat nearby crying red tears.

Last edited:

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Bandages, ointment...and a crying nurse? This didn't seme like a sacrifical chamber at all "Dianna!" Rikke quickly rushed to her friends side looking over her, especially checking her neck.

Still if there were no fang marks, nor was Rikke attaced she'd stand up and look to the man "My name is Rikke Daleru, William. Perhaps we should try our talk again." she'd ever so slowly smile.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Perhaps but not now you should go before the hunger becomes to much." A moment latter Kanna was dragged in by the scruff of her neck by a tall woman in black leather. Both where scuffed up with bruises and cuts but it seemed that Kanna was just unconscious. "Ruby what did I saw about attacking her?" Wincing the intimidating woman shrank away. "Sorry master but she attacked me." Grunting the man placed a hand on the crying nurse. "Issabella time to go let these three rest. I will find food for us tonight.