What's new

Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 4 (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Rikke snickered at the name "Is the Kitsune pi--" the heroine eyes sharpened instantly as the samurai charged forward mid-talk. Caught in such position Rikke quickly raised the blade just in time as a near-fatal swing slammed into the blade, this was hardly just an optical illusion!

As Rikke rebounded from the opportunist strike, the samurai girl had already positioned herself for the next flurry of attacks! The shock still lingering Rikke could only defend from the lightning onslaught, only the sparks and echoes of the clashing weapons hinting at what was going on between the supernatural duelists.

Still for the moment the samurai had the upper hand, catching a deflection the eastern warrior caught the chance and let loose a stab to disable at Rikkes shoulder, only for the rogue to timely dodge it, leaving it only a warm sensation as if her shoulder would have a deep cut at the top... but the sharp pain was enough for the rogue to kick off her own attack.

The sudden attack seemed almost instantanious, the three slashes seemingly rang out at the same as Rikkes silhoulette seemingly stepped through the samurai, before the rogue became clear on the other side breathing heavily. A moment later, 3 silvery streaks would appear on the samurai it's cloth shattered aside to reveal the silver trails, each running across a mortal area.

It was then Rikke would suddenly feel a sting across her body, grasping at her midriff, would reveal a illusionary slash across her body... the rogue even blinked at the reveal "She... saw through it?" turning back to the honorable warrior would reveal her slowly fading away into brilliant blue sparks.

It was the Rheas cheers rang out! It was unclear if even Rhea herself knew of the would be likely fatal injury. Heck the rogue wasn't sure if the Kitsune herself knew about the mutual-defeat... either way the cheers would ring true.

"A little?" Rikke stood up proper and sheathed her sword "Ambush and all that?" she'd give Rhea a playful look "But if you can create warriors like that whenever you wish... I can't imagine how your wars are fought." honestly for a illusion to match Rikke, no even effectively defeat her on the spot? Either the rogue was slipping on her combat abilities... or the world moved so far ahead even a supernatural assassin like her was obselete.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Nah it would take to much power to generate any warrior like that of suffiant numbers. Not to mention the processing power to simulate them all. Maybe in the next hundred years." Rhea looked at Rikke with a smile. "Well I doubt you can learn much here that was the highest setting the training goes and you beat it." It was then Saul finnally caught up with Rikke and Rhea. "There she is my foxy lady." There was a slurr to his words and Rhea smirked. "Oh Saul drinking again.. whatever am I to do with you." Drapping an arm over her shoulder the kitsune lead Saul away the drunk man laughing his cares away for at lest a little while. "Feel free to look aorund if you want Rikke. Though not to much is really here. Ida can answer most of your questions."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke rogue smirked lightly "You sound unimpressed." she'd smile brightly "I thought seeing The Black War heroine fight your personal heroine would get a reaction... disappointed?" the heroine crossed her hands and looked to the kitsune.

"So whats the story about? Besides the obvious a Kitsune and a samurai." thankfully any injuries sustained seemed to be only illusionary, no real harm coming to the rogue besides the unpleasant tingles during combat.

Soon enough though Saul had found them "Hey Saul~" the rogue beamed the man a smile, who'd stumble lightly clearly having a drink too many "Someone's been hitting the liquor." she'd lean on her right foot looking to him, Rhea quickly helping the man out of the dangerous territory "Alright.. I'll be up shortly."

Rikke turned to Idas summoning area with a smile "Alright... Idea." she'd wait for the sculpture to appear before continueing "Can you tell me what programs Rune and Rhea have recently used?" perhaps the rogue could learn about the expected enemy... or a few juicy secrets.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Accessing...... Cpt. Rhea has recently accessed elite melee training program. Cpl. Rune has accessed causulty list." Ida smiled her faint blue light casting its glow around her immidiate area.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well... that was a dud "I see... Can you start up Rheas training exercise?" well no secrets, but perhaps she can see what enemy Rhea was fighting. If agreed the rogue would enter the area "Do no start until I say begin..." that last fight just felt so incredibly cheap... then again the rogue rarely ever struck second, so she was hardly one to complain.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Processing...... complete." A moment later the warrior Rikke had just fought reappeared. She was standing at rest hand on her blade a stern look on her face. Everything seemed as it was before.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke furrowed her brow "Wait... are you showing me, literally what Rhea just--" the heroine facepalmed lightly and sighed, she wasn't going anywhere with this "You can stop Ida, It's fine..."

Disappointed the rogue would make her way upstairs with Saul drunk and Rhea making sure his drunkard drop landed on the bed and not the floor... there wasn't much to do "Maybe Rune finished her operation..." a bit bored the rogue would check in with pink haired Kitsune.

If that's a dud too, might as well just go outside for a walk to the shrine

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Rikke accended the strange room she found Rune leaning against a table. Smiling the girl moved up to Rikke and spoke. "Sorry about everything Rikke. I know you've been rushed around alot lately not really having a chance to settle in. Had this been any other time no doubt Rhea would be all over you. You look hungry want something to eat?" Hearing out Rikke's answer Rune would either head to a small cafe order a New Bardian strip with a side of steak fries. Looking at the menu Rikke saw some foods she reconized and many from far far away that she ahd only heard of. Placeing an order if she so desired she would see several Ida's appear and start cooking food.

"Its a little hard for us to comprehend that a fabled hero walks among us. I suppose it is possible with the resurgance of magic but as for me I don't hold much stock in old tales. Heh Rhea seems to eat them up though. She was always reading that journal or that fantasy book of hers. What was it the Kitsune and the Samurai." Sitting down on a outside eating area Rune looked at her. "Saul thinks your a grand hero from the acient past. Rhea wants to belive it too and Sel well shes is going to be loopy for hours. For myself I don't know what to make of you? My scans hint that your from a time with less polution in the air but your gentics are mutated hinting that you have had contact with corruptive infulences. Not to mention its too damn coencidental that the nest starts acting up when you show up?

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Indeed there was quite a selection of foods! Thankfully most seemed fairly straightforward like grilled chicken, fruit salad, to some much more advanced and some Rikke hadn't even heard "Er... any recommendations?" the heroine smiled sheepishly, while hunger was hardly an issue for rogue, for enjoyment sakes she'd definedly not pass up the chance "Something lean..."

Rune would pick out fried chicken with some unknown white cheese and 'fries' "Fries?' the rogues ears perked up, though upon hearing the fairly easy explanation the heroine could only snicker "Hum~ Thinly cut potatoes... this will be interesting."

Still as they waited for the food to prepare Rune would share a bit on her views, though for some time the heroine looked over the calculating and sharp Kitsunes, an odd smile on her face "m? Oh sorry Rune..." Rikke snickered lightly noting Runes curiousity or uneasiness at the smile "It's just from where I come from you're still just a young fluffy pink bundle of joy." the heroine grinned sheepishly "Seeing you like this is just so... surreal."

"This isn't the first time I heard about this 'nest'. What is it exactly?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Im what?......." Still as she blushed embarassed apparently she spoke again. "Humm well anyway the nest....." Looking around as if sharing a vital secret. "Is just that a nest of a giant bird. Its however is a magical vortex. We found it after the demons began to move away from where they had engaged us. Thankfully we still had air superiority and where able to beat them to the site after we found it via satilite." Seeing Rikke's confusion Rune tried to explain that it was a device that took pictures from where the stars where. "Anyway the magic in that area has started to flux wildly making it impossible for us to get near it now. Its caused quiet the stir and it all timed to your arrival."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke leaned into the chair and crossed her hands "Somehow I'm guessing there's more to these 'birds' than them being related to pigeons." the heroine listened to Rune hopefully explain more about what kind of beasts these creatures were "So you think my appearance and this nest is related?" she'd relax her position and lean closer, clearly curious "All I know is that my arrival is related to a female demonic mage being captured, besides that it's hard to say."

"I did not come here on my own will, so either something pulled me in or it was one heck of a horrid coincidence."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well if most bird eggs where person sized then yes there is far more to it than pi-gin-on or what ever that is." Leaning back Rune sighed. "I probably shouldn't be telling you this stuff but.. something about you.. just.." Rune shruged before leaning back forward. "I do think its related and from my brife scan of you at our first meeting I can tell there is something diffrent about the magic in you. Its far to...." "Hey! not giving away national secretes are you Rune?" Rune immidiatly blushed as Rhea sauntered up and sat down confidently ordering a burger and soda. Rikke's nose twitched with an all to familar scent of sex. It seems Saul and her and gotten it on and recently. A sudden pain of hunger and not the physical kind struck her. Damn she was hungry. In all the excitment she had forgotten that the realm drained far more of her resoruces than normal.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"As odd as these 'fries' are. Thinly cut potato sticks hardly qualify for a national secret." Rikke snickered putting one of the mentioned delicacies in her mouth "Besides, if you can't trust the person who helped create this place, then who can you trust." the heroine winked slyly to Rhea.

Still while the rogue enjoyed the meal on hand... a different kind of hunger slowly nibbled away at her... "But yeah you're right, I do have some corruption in me." the heroine smiled casually "It's from living among succubi." she'd glance to the two innocently "Not sure if the stories mentioned such details, but I'm part succubi as well." her eyes kept close watch on the duos reaction, trying to note either disgust or interest in her words.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rhea seemed to blush and chewed her lip slightly. Rune just raised an eyebrow. "Succubi?" Looking to Rikke Rune was about to ask another question when Rhea spoke up first. "They are by most accounts people's spiritual energy dose not replenish on its own. To regain their energy they need to have sex to draw it in." Rhead was blushing and Rune seemed skeptical. "I-I did reserach after I started reading the book about the aspriing Heroine and well its mentioned in The Kitsune and Samurai as well. Most succubi are demonic in nature but not all. Its one of those All demons are succubi but not all succubi are demons." Rune still seemed confused and slightly worried. Though in reality Rikke couldn't blame her after all they where fighting demons in a war.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke couldn't help, but giggle at Runes slight fright "I'm not a demon, silly. Unlike demons I do not take anything away, just the act itself reinvigorates me." she'd snicker lightly "Well more than normal person." the heroine ever so subtly glanced towards the much more energetic Rhea.

"It's a special ability that made me particulary sought after by the demons." she'd bite down one more of the fries, before adding "Among numerous other creatures."

She'd look up with a sly smile "I assume friendly succubi are gone?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rhea and Rune looked at each other one confused the other reluctant. "Well I can safely say there has not been any recorded succubi after the Zero event. If they lived they kept in hiding.... but chances are they didn't make it." The woman looked at Rikke tyring to see if the news of her friends well everyone with the exception of Jess and Yuni haveing long died effect her. Indeed the image of Janet's funeral did briefly come to mind but it seemed she had a long and well lived life.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"I.. see..." the rogue glanced aside, those were not 'her' friends nor was this her realm... heck Rikke literally saw most of them in this time, even if they were slightly different they were all here "But if it killed all magical creatures... I saw elves, heck even you kistunes wandering around. Your races are magical by nature, how did you survive?"

Rikke would lick her lips lightly with newfound curiousity "In fact, is there any place I learn of it in-depth?" if the rogues armor before the event survived... surely there's information on the event!

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rhea frowned "Well Elves are mortals and as far as our kin we became mortal after the event. If you want to find out more just ask Ida she can find all sorts of info." "If you ask the right way Rhea. Think ya goof if she is who she says she is and who you think she is she has no idea what or how to use a computer." "Ohhh" Rhea frowned and Rune smirked and took over the conversation. "If your curious Rikke just ask Ida in these terms. Ida search history zero event. She should bring up as much information as she can find that isn't classfied."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke raised an eyebrow "What about the classified information?" she'd look between the two "I won't be here forever, this information may help me prevent this happening in my realm." she'd give both of them stern looks "If by chance this is indeed a glipse of the possible future... I will not allow all my friends to die to this 'Zero event'... not if I can help it."

No longer eating and losing the carefree attitude she looked to the duo sternly, clearly set on this "It's ancient past, what harm would come from me learning of it?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both Rhea and Rune laughed at the serious look. "Oh its not classified Rune was just trying to tell you that it won't bring up classified info." Both woman calmed a little bit. "But in all seriuouness we wouldn't want that to happen in any place. Saul think that the Zero event might repeat itself." Rune nodded "Saul thinks that what ever caused the zero event might release all the magical energy it had taken. Needless to say many hundreds of years of stored magic suddenly exploding would be disastorous. Thoughs that didn't die would likely become crazed corrupt creatures. Anyone not effected would no doubt struggle just to make due dealing with a very dangerous and ruined world." Both woman nodded their mirth gone.