Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Who Rules the Ruins (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Rikke easy reversed the pin on her lover and continued the kiss though after a moment she stopped. "Allright then its a date Rikke our room got it?" Jess got to her feet and brushed some of the dirt off her bum and off Rikke's to. "I have a mage to visit myself Rikke so Ill see ya in a little bit. Where do you want to meet up?"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Well I'll drop off the leathers we bought in my room and check on the illusionist" Rikke smiled lightly "While you're at the mages ask where we can find an enchanter or magical trinket seller 'kay?"

"Oh~ and let's not forget our meeting with the tailor" she winked slyly "I'd love to get properly dressed for out 'date' first" the heroine winked slyly giggled girlishly "After talking with the illusionist brat I'll be in our room working on the leathers." That was the plan, if Jess agreed to it, the girls could move it forward. Rikke would drop off the leathers, then visit the illusionist.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright Rikke see ya soon." With that Jess was off her butt swaying to and fro as enticing as ever. Rikke made her way to the infirmary looking for the bratty mage. She had almost give up when one of the nurses came running out of a private room being chased by some nasty looking bat creature. "Your a horrible child!" The bat creature continued to chase the nurse away from the place and she screamed all the way. Looks like Rikke found her target.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke snickered lightly proceeding forward, whatever she sees next will just be an illusion. The rogue would casually enter the room and rest against the doorway "Being impossible as ever I see..."

Ignore whatever comes at her

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The room was fairly basic and the young illusionist lay on the bed resting. It seemed all her burns had been treated but the after effects of burning potions and smoke still had her lying down. "YOU! ITS YOUR FAULT!" A similar nasty bat creature seemingly conjured out of thin air came racing right for Rikke. It was hard to hold her ground the nasty looking thing seemed so real. As the bat creature passed threw her Rikke remained calm even as the tingle of magic passed over her own skin burning the fine hair on her body. "Done?" The fact she held her ground seemed to deflate the girls ego slightly. "What do you want?"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Not very grateful are you?" the rogue slowly approached the bed, her sexy sway even more prominent due to the stocking-like lower armor "We barely got you out of there, the fire and smoke almost took you away. A heroine has to check on her saved damsels in distress" she smiled warmly.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The little girl just folded her arms and looked away from Rikke clearly not being very sociable. "I didn't need you to rescue me. If you hadn't delayed my experiments with your trespassing the accident would not have happened." The girl sounded upset but Rikke could tell from years of experience when someone wasn't showing their true feelings. Likely the girl really was thankful but due to her nature it would be hard for her to even admit it.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke giggled at the childish stuborness "Well alright, at the very least could you tell me what were you up to in there?" the heroine sat down on the bed near the girl and looked to her curiously "A small girl like yourself, all alone in a ruined tower... why?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That was my home after the monsters came. Daddy said I would be safe there." It sounded of absolute truth the kind only children could muster. "He said to make sure no meanies came after me and told me to use my gifts to keep them away till he got back."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"What about 'the experiments'? Fires don't just pop up ut of nowhere, not at this scale. What were you experimenting with in there?" the rogue kept a comforting smile, looking to the illusionist. Though Rikke was interested in her fathers fate... but she could guess. And such an answer would likely end their conversation.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girl looked annoyed at Rikke for a second before answering. "You wouldn't understand." Well that was rude apparently the girl had little respect for Rikke intelligence. "All my hard work ruined I was so close."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke frowned briefly at her "Try me, kiddo." she smirked cockishly, well the girl was right that Rikke had no clue about magic, but she wasn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination "Even if you think I won't understand, I know some people that are far smarter than either of us. Maybe your research can be salvaged, but first you have to tell me about it."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The girl turned her head back to Rikke a pout on her face. "Fine. I was trying to make a potion to animate my stuff animals. There are you happy!" The little girl actually sniffled tears forming at the corner of her eyes. "You probably think Im stupid" The girl sniffled some more and tears started to flow more freely. "I was so lonely." Then she broke down into sobs.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Stupid? Don't be ridiculous..." Rikke leaned in closer to the girl "That's a brilliant idea" though what on the hell was the girl planning to use, that was that flamable "Locked alone in that tower, surrounded by nothing but monsters, it's normal to feel lonely... Must've been horrible, but it's alright now shh~~~" the heroine would try to catch her, just so the girl could see a warm smiling face, heck she would even allow the small girl to latch on to her if the illusionist was inclined to... actually there was someone who could save the situation with just his appearance "You're not alone now shhh~. Whats your name?" that someone was Willow!... but where was that rascal?

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Willow of course was never far away from Rikke though her insistence on keeping him in her backpack made it a little easy for her to forget where the rascal was. Feeling the weight of the puppy in her bag Rikke broke the little girls embrace only a moment and fished the squirming puppy out of her bag. This of course brought a smile to the girls face as she happily glomped the puppy. Willow slightly surprised at the situation took it well. The girl of course cried into Willow's fur which prompted the puppy to lick her face.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just as the thought of where her pup was crossed her mind the small pup woke right on up, shifting and turning in her packpack. So THAT'S what added weight to her bag! The rogue pulled out the pup much to the child joy.

It was a heartwarming sight, as the tears from the illusionist instantly disappeared, with Willow intent on licking the girl clean. The rogue giggled warmly "His name is Willow. I'm Rikke. And you?" she smiled warmly.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"My name is Jenna" Rikke watched as Willow licked the girls face and the girl giggled in delight. It was heartwarming for sure but why exactly had Rikke come to visit the little girl?

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"A pleasure to meet you Jenna." Rikke smiled warmly at her "Everyone treating you well?" the heroine giggled warmly, recalling the sight as she entered "I take it, the nurse upset you."

"I noticed you're quite the skilled magician. Tell me was that trap me and my group set off, your doing?" if the girl was as skilled as it seemed, she may prove quite the ally during the final assault. Otherwise it was just a kind thing to do, visiting an injured lonely girl didn't demand real reason.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

At the mention of the nurse Jenna's face darkened. "She said I couldn't go home." The expression on Jenna's face hinted at the fact she knew that she really couldn't go back home but that did little to sooth the child. "Yes that was my trap and it worked very well." Jenna's sounded all to pleased with herself even though it had caused her and the girls to freak out a little. "My daddy thought me all his spells."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"W-...Where is your daddy? Whats his name? Maybe I know some of his friends." So it was the little girls magic that caused such chaos among Rikkes group... a spell like that used against the their enemies may win them battles otherwise impossible!