What's new

Chapter 2 - The Calm Before the Storm

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 2 - The Calm Before the Storm

"Yeah... I'll try but I don't expect getting anywhere... I'll be back in a bit," Claire says, before moving away from Renee and Lee and heading towards the bar. She moves slowly, almost cautiously, as if worried about what the others might do upon seeing her.

A week ago they'd pretty much forgotten her, and she hadn't been in the best of moods. Still... this might be worth a shot. Proper hunting against good prey; sport as well as an excuse for her continued survival to those who held her life in their claws.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy nods in response to Fletch and catches Claire's gesture, giving her a little wave in response, but mostly sticking by the bar for the time being, watching the elder Kindred in the room and trying to pick up social patterns, pecking order, and shake off memories of prom, again, which is what this reminds her off. A high school dance, with the various cliques keeping to each other. She straightens up a little bit as Claire comes over. A simple greeting seemed like it would be a little lame, but what else could you do, really?

"Hey. How's it going?"

Claire didn't seem all that out of sorts. It had been the Prince's decree that she'd be taken care of and for the most part, she seemed fine since the night they'd been sent out to get the book. Guess they'd find out if she chose to fill them in on it. Otherwise, especially if she'd gotten punished in some way, if she wanted to keep it to herself, that was her business.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire looked at Izzy for a moment, trying to decide how best to answer. She was about to say 'I'm alive' but that wasn't strictly speaking true.

"It's going, been an interesting week... any of the rest of you entirely interested in these sorts of... gatherings?" she finally decided upon. For now she didn't mention the hospital. If they'd cared they'd have asked up on her by now.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"They...serve their purpose, I guess," is her reply. "I'm kind of preferring the courthouse a little, myself, but it's a nice change." She shrugs a little. "So, what's going to make things interesting?" She arches a brow slightly.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Nah, it's been an interesting week," Fletch explains in a grumbling voice as he turns to face Claire. For a moment, he tries to decide what to say. He doesn't really want to give the impression he likes her, but on the other hand, they're of the same clan, they even have the same sire...
He finally decides on "Haven't seen you around in a while."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"That's what I said Fletch... and what I'm getting at is a hunt. Not for food though. Against the Sabbat... for our sires," Claire said, decided tact was not her strong point, and they probably wanted to see less of her than possible. So she simply dropped that little tidbit on them and waited to see how they'd react.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch falls quiet for a moment as he thinks. "I don't know," he grumbles. "The rules say we aren't allowed to just up and kill vampires, even if they are Sabbat. Now, don't get me wrong, if I ever see Mist, I'd love nothing more than to tear her limb from limb, but still." He wishes he'd still have some blood in his glass so he could take a sip right now to give himself some time to get his words in order.
"I've got something going here," Fletch grumbles. "I don't want to fuck this up."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire smiles, a fang filled grin as she looks up at the ceiling for a moment, before letting her gaze fall back to the rest of the coterie.

"Listen, I know how this must sound, especially from me. But this isn't against the laws, this isn't going to get us slapped with a bad title, except maybe with the Torries. If this is shot down by the Prince or other authorities, then that's it... however a war is brewing. There's apparently already fellow Camarilla out hunting the Sabbat. If we can get together, we may be able to join the hunt," Claire explained.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve grins. "I'd be more than happy to show you some of them some time. But..." she looked over at her coterie. "I should probably stop alienating myself from them. I'm sorry. I'll be more than happy to show you later, but..." she gave a polite incline of her head, and hurried over to where the rest of them were gathered in time to hear Claire's last few words. "Hunt?" she said, "What's going on? And I'm... glad to see you're none the worse for wear, Claire. Really." She really was glad that the Prince didn't have the woman executed, and that there'd been no need for a rescue mission that night.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hello again, Fletch. It's been a while.

Even though he makes an effort not to, his eyes wander to the left for a moment, where Alan stands, his half-face grinning. "Seems like we'll be back in business, eh pal? You gonna fight again? Fuck things up again just last time? Another bunch of faces to spook your crazy fucking head? Been getting lonely in here... Jimmy can't talk, what with no head and all, and- A sharp pain bursts the illusion. Fletch looks down in confusion, only to find he crushed the glass in his hand. The shards are sticking in his flesh. "Ah shit," he growls, starting to pull them out. "War? Them fancypants don't know war if it kicks 'em in the nuts. Fuck," he curses as he picks out an especially big piece of glass. "What are they gonna do, take it to the streets? Cops'll be all over them before they - damnit - can cry Camarilla..." He looks up to see Eve, and his voice trails off as he finds the last shard and yanks it out.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ronny had just stood paying more attention to what everyone was saying when Claire had first come over to talk to them. Wondering if he was reading the others correctly he finally spoke up after Eve had made her way over to join them.

"It's been going pretty well for me actually, apparently I fit in much better with the damned. I actually have a decent job for the first time since I got back from Afghanistan. It's almost like I've been given a second chance to do things better."

Stopping to mull over his thoughts for a second more he continues.

"Yeah I guess I wouldn't mind getting a chance to at least find out who my sire is. I don't know about killing him but we could at least catch him, bring him to the Prince and let him get a proper trial. Killing him outright may be against the Traditions, but not staking him and turning him over to the elders. My only question is where do we sta..."

As the glass breaks in Fletch's hand he stops mid word and just listens to Fletch ramble on for a few seconds before finishing.

"..rt. Uhmm...you okay there Fletch?"

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Is that was this is? A chance to get back at those crazy fuckers? If it gets rid of Mist you can count me in." Eve says before she realizes what Fletch has done, "Hey, whoa. Hand those shards to me, alright? I'll go and find a trashcan. Are you okay?" She looks up at him with worried eyes.

((Fletch is the big hairy Uncle she never had. XD))

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

One of the ghoul staff quickly comes over with a look of contempt on his face to clean the mess, leaving a towel for Fletch to clean up with. A few of the other kindred look over at the sound of the breaking glass, but as it turns out to be nothing interesting they quickly look the other way.

Ronny speaks up again after the glass has been cleaned away.

"So what then we wait until the Prince shows up and the initial stuff is out of the way before slipping out and beginning the hunt. I don't really know where to start but if we can find someone else who knows. I-I can get them to tell us some more, if I have to."

Raven who has been drawing in his notebook as he listens to the others, suddenly nudges Izzy and shows her what he's been doodling. He's actually been writing it turns out and it says. He may not be Sabbat as far as we know but our caller from last week may be a good idea for you guy's to look into, could be just what you're looking for.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River remains seated, raising her glass to Jack as he passes before downing the rest of it. Most of the kindred give her a wide berth, giving her a nod if they have to pass and not much else.

When Claire starts talking to the group, River tilts her head in their direction. After a moment, she starts trying to catch the attention of one of them, and motioning for the groupo to come sit down by her.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire listens, actually pleased that they might be up for this. She couldn't help but smile, even as Fletch broke the glass in his hand. She opened her mouth to say something, but felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up... instincts kicking in. With a frown she looked over her shoulder.

"Hey guys... I think our old babysitter wants to have a word with us," Claire said, slowly moving over towards River.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Ronny actually frowns a little, but he still reluctantly follows Claire over towards River. I wonder if they've heard the same things about River that rain told me about her, he thinks to himself as he's going over.

"You know I just realized half of the others in this darn place, probably heard everything we've been saying. Maybe even thinking."

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Listening to the others, Izzy jumps a bit at the sound of the breaking glass and she actually winces when she sees Fletch pulling at the shards. Funny how feeding is one thing and actually seeing a wound like that is another. She's actually grateful for Raven's interruption, inclining her head to take a look at his 'sketch' and then nodding slightly to him.

"Ronny's got a point," she remarks as she joins the others in heading over to River. "While it might be tempting, outright killing them is against the rules, but if we were to bring them back and, say, maybe got permission to carry out an execution, well..." She trails off with a slight grin. "Everyone's happy?"

At the other Kindred's remark about folks overhearing them in some way, she shrugs. "I haven't heard us say anything that's going to get us in trouble, have you? Thinking, that's another matter, but nobody's hauling anyone off on charges of treason or whatnot, so I think we're okay."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire overhears Izzy talking to Raven and looks towards her.

"Don't worry, this goes down hill you can pin it all on me again. I'm sure I can squirm my way out of more shit," she said, though her tone was hard to tell if she was being sincere of angry.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven tucks his notebook away as he follows along beside Izzy to see what River has to say to them.

Ronny replies almost a little too quick like a kid who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"I didn't mean I er any of us were thinking or saying something bad. It just occurred to me is all. Just a sudden onset of paranoia I guess, nothing to worry about really."

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Uh-huh," is the blonde's reply to Ronny's stammer. She drops her voice, so the statement stays close to the table and, well, they'd probably know who was listening and who wasn't. "Admit it. You were trying to picture that Torrie hottie in her underwear, weren't you?"

A look of complete innocence on her face, she puts her attention on Claire. "Well, we don't need to go into this blind, I'm guessing, so hopefully that can stem off any downhill-ness," she pauses a moment at that twister, "and we won't have to worry about blaming anyone for anything. Just giving credit, maybe, instead."