What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

"Fair enough." Leonardo replied to the sheriff, though he retained his hold of the book. "I had forgotten about it to be honest."

Leonardo followed the others quietly, rarely speaking, even when spoken to, looking through the book as much as possible when he wasn't being bothered.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire blinked, not sure if what she was seeing was real, or if the doctors were playing with her mind some more.

She leapt off the table as the woman turned, doing what her gut told her to do, and struck out with her elbow before ramming her forearm against the other kindred's neck.

"And just who the fuck are you?" she demanded.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve said nothing, she just hung back and watched and listened to the others.

(((Lack of inspiration, argle)))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"No, no. He was like that when we found him, which is something we're probably going to have to talk to the Prince about too," Izzy assures Jack. She was a little hedgy on his use of the phrase "take care of you" but hoped he meant it in a good way. Once the other Kindred is done patting down the newest of their number, she heads with the others to the court chambers, staying relatively quiet. If Elysium is still going on, it would be best not to disturb the elders. She pauses for a second before they go in, getting Leo's attention.

"If you're not supposed to have that, it probably wouldn't be a good idea for them to see you reading it," she suggests. It's not an order, just a suggestion, but the less hot water they start out in, the better. Granted, she'd likely be leafing through it, too, so she couldn't blame him for his curiosity.

Outside of that, they'd be noticed coming in, likely, so she heads in and settles somewhere out of the way, waiting to be acknowledged by those in attendence once again.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

As the coterie enters into the chambers they can see that a good portion of the kindred have left from earlier in the night. The prince notices the return of the group and nods his head for them to be seated, as he addresses one of the kindred dressed in what looks to be a duster with a high collar as if to obscure himself.

"I completely assure you that I will have the disappearances among your clan looked into Duncan. I feel it to be quite important to assist you and your clan mates, since you have so graciously continued your support of the Camarilla despite recent events."

The large kindred before the Prince nods his head in thanks to the Prince, and turning he puts on a large ranchers hat, and holding the collar of his coat close about his face he leaves the room.

Once the other kindred has left, the Prince turns his gaze towards the coterie and with a smile nods for them to come forward. Off to the side where the prosecutor would normally sit, Leonardo notices a man who looks to be the one who had embraced him earlier that night frowning at him. As the coterie approaches the front the Prince notices the new member with them as well and speaks.

"Who is this with you, and do you have the book you were sent after?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Claire leaped to the attack, the other kindred quickly spun catching Claire's elbow just in time and flipping Claire of to the side on her back. The other kindred held on and landed on top of Claire softly. With a big smile on her face she planted a big kiss on Claire's cheek before answering in a friendly whisper.

"Shh, they'll hear us. I'm Claire Winters who are you?"

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire could only frown, bewildered.

"You're just right fucked in the head," she muttered, trying to push the other girl off of her.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

For the time being, Izzy sits quietly, just taking in the conversation, noting who's here, who's left, and especially the mention of disappearances. Given that she's supposed to be the mouthpiece for the coterie, at least for the moment, she nods in response to the Prince's questions.

"This," she inclines her head to the freshly minted Kindred, "is Professor Leonardo MacIssac." The rueful lilt in her voice belays the story there, but for now, she's keeping things to the bare minimum. "And yes, my Prince," given titles and whatnot, she really had a hard time not calling him 'Sire,' given his own title, "we did manage to recover the book." She again inclines her head to Leo, who's been the one carrying it for the time being.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

((Sorry for the short post, little rushed today :/ ))

The door opens again to admit River into the courtroom, who gives a shrug and a single wave to anyone who turns to look at her as she hops the back end of the nearest benches and perches on the back of it, settling in and watching the proceedings.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

(Also short post, but don't have much to say)

Leonardo nodded, tapping his fingers on the book cover as he watched the 'Prince', his eyes occasionally going to the man in the prosecutor's seat.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The courtroom still contain s a number of the lesser kindred in the audience area including the woman Izzy knew from the Vat, who's eyes light up slightly at the book in Leonardo's hands. The Primogen remain largely the same with the exception of a few of their members.

The Prince observes the group closely as Izzy explains who Leonardo is and that they were successful in the mission. With a smile he again speaks this time to Leonardo alone

"My dear Professor MacIssacs I'm sure you have many questions as to what is going on, but if you'll allow me to deal with the others I will do what I can to answer them. Please be seated in the front row there and I will help you before long."

After Leonardo has moved over and taken a seat, The Prince again speaks to the coterie as a whole though he watches Izzy very intently as she speaks for the group.

"Excellent work you've even managed to provide answers as to how the book came into the possession of the good professor. However I hear that one of your number has encountered a problem with the local constabulary. I don't know much more than that I'm afraid, so please continue with your narrative of what happened."

The blond girl lets Claire up, and crawls over to sit in front of the door with her arms around her knees before speaking again. Claire now able to see the girl better notices that the blood on the girl's hand is more likely red paint, and that the girl looks very sad.

"Well you're not very nice, whoever you are. I just came over to visit you, and you attack me and call me crazy. I just thought you might want a friend while you were stuck in here is all. I know I get lonely in here."

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Haven't gotten nice points in awhile. Now why are you calling yourself Claire?" the former officer said, standing up and leaning against the table, crossing her arms over her chest.

This night was just getting weirder and weirder. All she wanted to do was go out and hunt, be left alone. Run amok, and free.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy rubs the back of her neck. "If that answers questions as to how he got the book, then that's fine, but you told us he wasn't Kindred." She gestures back toward Leo. "We showed up and he went after Ronny. That's how Claire wound up in trouble with the cops. Somebody must've heard the tussle and she pretty much took the fall so we could get back here with the book, which is why we'd like to see about bailing her out as quickly as possible." She gives a quick, little tight smile. "After the cops left, we convinced the professor it'd be in his best interest to come with us and bring the book. There's also the matter of there was apparently a fresh corpse in his house. I didn't get a look at it, but I don't think he did it. Probably whoever turned him. I dunno. I know this was our test, but we were kind of hoping to get a little advice on what to do with that. I'm sure we could come up with something, but if there's protcol for these things, we haven't quite learned it yet, since that whole 'no killing the food' rule got emphasized. A lot."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve swallowed. Maybe having Izzy speak up wasn't such a good idea after all, but at least they had all made it through the test alive. That had to say something... right?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The Prince listens closely as Izzy tells the events of their "test". As izzy finishes speaking he smiles before answering.

"Yes, I do regret sending you out with improper information, the Professor wasn't a kindred as far as I knew. Still, you did fairly well at accomplishing the task I had for you. I do admit to worrying a little about sending neonates out on their own. Hence why I had some of my associates nearby in case of trouble. You need not worry about Ms. Winters I'll be sure to take care of her, after I have finished here. As to the dead body, I believe River may know more about how to get rid of that. I don't often have to get rid of those myself. Now if there's nothing further you have for me, you may consider yourselves acknowledged. Remember though that the consequences for your actions are now your own."

Ronny just stands nervously with the others as the Prince acknowledges them, almost like he's unsure of what to do now.

"A lot of the others who have to spend time in here, don't seem to be very nice either. What do you mean by why am I calling myself Claire, that's my name."

The blond girl says as she smiles at Claire.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((*snort* Thanks for the vote of confidence.))

Izzy listens quietly as the Prince speaks, a few things making sense and not seeming so suspicious now. She's a little off-put that he sent someone with them, but it makes sense and was probably a good thing. At his words of acknowledgement, she smiles some, then, clears her throat quietly, her voice coming out low as well. "Claire, too?" Given that she's not here and his phrase of 'taking care of her' could go either way. Seems that's her only question, for now, not wanting to hold him up any longer than necessary, especially with this apparently being a busy evening.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve relaxes slightly with the immediate danger of the night over and done with, and her hunger come clawing it's way back to the surface, though she too, refuses to go anywhere until she's heard what the Prince has to say about Claire.

(((Sorry! I still love you, i promise! Eve is just like, super jumpy now.)))

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire cocked an eyebrow, but then again she didn't have that strange a name, someone else could have it.

"Right then. So... do you know what's going on in here, and more importantly, how to get out?" Claire asked, eager to escape. Was it daylight? Was there time to make a run for it?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The prince answers the coterie with a sincere look to his face.

"I haven't quite decided if Ms. Winters is acknowledged yet, it will depend mostly on her reactions during my visit. You need not worry about her though as I am a fair ruler and I believe a bit more "training" will be all that is necessary on her part. If you're wondering about thanking me Mr. Landry, the best thanks I can think of would be to make yourself a valuable member of my community.

Turning to where River sits in the back of the room he speaks to her as well.

"You did a fairly good job with your task, My dear. As long as a certain part of our agreement comes to pat, you can consider yourself a member of my community as well."

Finally he turns and beckons Leonardo and the woman from the Vat to come forward.

The blond girl smiles at Claire as she answers her question.

"I heard that the prince just wants to see if you really will make a good member of the community. Which could mean a lot of things really, some good and some bad. If you really want to get out, I can help you but that might get you in trouble."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Not sure whether or not she liked the sound of that, still, Izzy still kept her mouth shut about Claire. Best not to antagonize the Prince, especially if he were going to go see Claire shortly. Gods only knew what mood she'd be in when he got there.

She wanted to ask River about the other part of their agreement, but now wouldn't be the time. If she had something to do, helping her out might be a good payback.

"Then I guess all that's left is a thank you, my Prince, and here's hoping we can be." She sort of backs off as the other two Kindred are motioned forward, content to take a seat, if that's the case, or stand by. Either way, this was probably going to be interesting.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

(((geh, keep forgetting about Raven, and myself)))

Raven stood silently behind Izzy throughout the whole ordeal with the Prince almost as if he's trying to hide. When he hears of their acknowledgment a mischievous smile passes over his face, before anyone can notice it is replaced with the nervous look he normally has. He follows when Izzy goes to take a seat and sitting next to her rests his hand on hers, obviously more relaxed than he was earlier.

Ronny bows his head slightly when the Prince explains how to best thank him, a bit of a shady smile passing over his face. Well hopefully for her sake "training" won't be as bad as it sounds, still better her than me, he thinks to himself. As Leo and the one woman move forward, he takes a seat away from the others to watch what happens.