What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

"My thoughts exactly," Fletch grumbles as he steps back into the room, now that the cops are gone. "The college professor turns up as a kindred, the cops come way too quickly..." He scratches his beard, more out of habit than out of itch. "You think the Prince wanted to give us s'more challenge? Or maybe he wanted to get rid of us," he adds quietly. "Or somebody else wanted to do us in. Either way, things've been going wrong."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"What if some of the Kindred that got away the night they went on that spree decided they wanted to play more fun and games with us?" She mused. "It's certainly possible."

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Leonardo stepped back into his house. "You want to know what's wrong? That you lot are still here! You say you've come for a book, you've got a book, now get lost." Leonardo motioned to the book Fletch was carrying. "I have a body to dispose of in my bedroom and I'm not entierly sure how to do that yet."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch blinks and looks down at the book. "Um... no, that's not the one we're looking for. I just... the symbol..." After palming the book awkwardly for a moment, he puts it down. "We're looking for the book you got most recently. Also," he adds, regaining his composure a bit, "you REALLY need to come with us. As I said, the higher ups are gonna set you on fire if you don't show up."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve nodded affirmatively. "And after we bring you in and you get acquainted with your uh..." she trailed off, eyes widening. "Oh. Shit. Remember the rules? No one makes a new Kindred without the Prince's permission? Ronny is so fucked."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

As Claire began to kick the window one of the cops turned and watched her struggle finally he laughed as he shouted through the barrier.

"Go ahead and struggle all you want, you aren't going to get out. This cruiser was made to hold Brujah in it if need be."

With that he turns back around leaving Claire to her struggles in the back seat. Before long they pull up around the back of the hospital and the two cops get out, one of them heading inside the other stands near the car as he watches Claire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On that note Ronny can be seen pulling the car into the driveway as if he belonged there. Getting out he made his way to the front door entering and closing the door behind him. Turning and looking at the others he starts talking quickly and precisely, almost as if he's giving orders.

"All right now that psycho bitch is gone, hopefully for good. We can finally accomplish what we came to do. Fletch, Raven grab the body in the back, put it in the trunk of the car. Do it quietly though, hopefully they have some way of getting rid of it once we get back to Elysium. Izzy, Eve search the place for the book and anything else that we either need to get rid of or take with us. I meanwhile will take care of my new friend here."

With his last statement he smiles somewhat deviously at Leonardo as he points at the recliner indicating that he should sit down.

(((Psst, Ronny didn't embrace him remember. He just fed him so that Leonardo wouldn't violate the masquerade by going and eating someone else.)))

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh yeah? And who the hell put you in charge, Fletch wonders as he turns to Raven. "You don't need to help me, I've no problem carrying the guy by myself," he explains. The large man turns and heads towards the back, leaving the door open for Raven - should he decide to follow anyway.

Once he's in the bedroom, Fletch kneels down next to the male nurse. "Wonder if you're still fresh enough," he muses. "I could use a drink."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve raised an eyebrow, and an objection. "I want to talk to you first. Privately. I need to clear something up..." she nervously worried at her bottom lip.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire stopped kicking at the window when the cruiser stopped. Even if she did eventually break it open the 'cop' was standing right outside, waiting. So she sat up and was still, still trying to free her hands from the cuffs, feeling blood running down her fingers and dripping over the back seat.

Luckily she had fed that night, her strength was up, and if she had been alive her heart would have been pounding. But she wasn't and it seemed so much easier to keep a straight face.

"Well. What the fuck is taking so long," she said loud enough to be heard by the cop through the window, expecting to be dragged out by her hair and tied down to a stake outside to wait for morning. Or something along those lines. She wanted to be free, wanted to get out. She wanted to tear apart the people who were doing this to her.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"It's like Fletch said," Izzy stated, bristling a little at the other vampire's behavior, "we need a book you got recently. By someone named Giovanni. Help us out with that and we'll...do our best to help you. Body and all." She was growing very tempted to let him swing, too, but that wouldn't be right. Or so she kept telling herself.

Whether or not Leo answers her or not, she keeps and eye on him during Eve and Ronny's chat. After that, while Ronny kept him occupied would likely be the best time to go look for the book. "Fletch might not need help carrying, but why don't you see if there's any trash bags, in the kitchen maybe. Might make things less messy," she suggests to Raven.

At Ronny's remark about Claire, she sighs. "Much as I'd like to agree with you, I really don't think we should leave her to their own devices for very long. We'll get the book back, get him," she gestures to Leo, "to Elysium so Vincent doesn't have a reason to cook him, and then we should probably see about getting Claire away from the cops before she does something to break the Masquerade, either on purpose or because they put her on the spot."

With or without Leo's help, then, she sees about searching through the books, checking the tops of some of the piles around the rooms, looking for anything that doesn't look like it's been settled here for very long.

Last edited:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"Not one for public graces either are you? Look where that got your friend." Leonardo snarled at Ronny before Eve hauled him off. Turning to Izzy, he looked her up and down.

"Well you've got some sense in you, at least compared to your companions. It just so happens that I had recieved that book recently and have not yet had a chance to properly examine it." He walked off towards his study with Izzy, grabbing the book Fletch put down as he went. "You all seem rather urgent in your desire for this book. Asking me to part company with it before I have had a chance to examine it is a rather... unreasonable request. I trust you have a reason for making it." Leonardo stopped in the doorway to the study, blocking Izzy from entering.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

As Leonardo lead Izzy into his study for the book they were after, Fletch moves off to the back room. Kneeling down by the body it's obvious that the young man was killed by blood loss, and has at least two spots where he was bitten. A warm breeze blows through the window of the room with the hints of a coming storm on it.

Raven moves off through the house to find something to wrap the body in to keep it less messy. Leaving Izzy to follow Leonardo, though he smiles reassuringly at her before he leaves.

Ronny stands with his arms crossed over his chest as the others go to take care of the body, responding to Izzy and Leonardo as they head for the study before letting Eve drag him off for a private chat.

"Sorry but I'm not well known for my public graces but if you're willing to help with the book I can at least try, sir. I see your point there Izzy. I trust Claire enough to not blow everything on purpose, but she may say something that could blow the whole thing anyways. She isn't exactly the most patient person I've ever met after all. For now though I'm more worried about Vincent frying me. So we'll worry about the book for now besides maybe they'll have an idea on what to do about Claire when we get back to Elysium. All right Eve let's go I'm right behind you."

Finally the other cop reemerges from the hospital with three others, two of them were the big burly sort, dressed in white orderly clothes. The other was a woman who looks familiar from somewhere, though Claire isn't quite sure from where. She was dressed in a black business suit, her black hair perched on her head in a tight bun(at least I think that's what it's called). She wore a pair of stylish black eye glasses on her frowning face. Not exactly a looker, but she certainly projected an air of don't mess with me and she also happened to be one of her fellow kindred.

The two cops opened the back door of the police car and hauled Claire out while the woman watched off to the side. The two burly orderlies stood nearby and grabbed Claire as she was released from the cuffs. Judging from their grip she got the feeling that struggling wouldn't be a very good idea. The woman smiled, the sort of smile that would make someone else faint in fear before speaking in a Swiss accent.

"Relax Ms. Winters, you do exactly as we tell you the rest of the night, and you'll have nothing to fear. Bring her to the interview room, but make sure you clean her up first."

With that she turned and heads back inside as the two cops follow behind the orderlies as they drag Claire into the hospital. Once inside the orderlies took her to a shower room where they told her to get undressed and cleaned up, tossing her a hospital gown and towel as they did so. They keep a close eye on her, but only as if they are making sure she doesn't do anything wrong.

(((basically picture a mental ward type set up, if you know what that would look like.)))

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire eyed the woman down, matching her glare. She was worried, but not afraid.

"Depends on what you ask of me," Claire said to the woman, before being brought into the hospital, and eventually to the showers. She saw the towel and hospital gown tossed down before her and frowned.

"Fucking kidding," she muttered, but took off her clothing, seemingly not concerned with the eyes watching her. She wasn't a virgin, and she'd been in public showers before. Besides, in a hospital she was sure these people got to see naked people more than enough.

She turned on one of the showers, cleaning dirt and blood from her skin, some of it her own. She gently licked around her wrists, watching as torn skin re-knit itself. Finished she turned the water off and grab the towel and started to dry herself before getting into the hospital gown.

"So, when do I get my clothes back?" she asked.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Raven gets a return smile before her attention goes back to Leo.

"Yeah, we do." Leonardo's manner was starting to reflect in Izzy's behavior and the quip gets out before she can curb it. Taking a breath to clear her head, she looks over at him. "It's like this. The book was taken from some rather important people who happen to be friends with some other rather important people, whom you're going to have to go meet soon if you'd rather not be a crispy critter. In case you haven't gathered, we are not kidding about the whole 'getting lit on fire' thing. End result is: we need to get the book back to it's rightful owner before someone else comes looking for it and we need to let the higher ups know about you so they can decide what to do about you getting Embraced." This guy did not need to know about the deal, at least not yet, so perhaps that might be a lit of leverage they could make used of if push came to shove.

((Bedtime for me. See y'all tomorrow sometime.))

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Pity, he's drier than British humor," Fletch murmurs as he grabs the stiff and loads him onto his shoulders. With a light grunt he moves back into the living room and sees Raven's bags. He nods at the younger man and points his bearded chin at the front door. "Open the door and the trunk for me, will you?"

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"A-alright I can do that, F-fletch." Raven says as he opens the front door and moves open to the car parked in the driveway. After popping the trunk he moves towards the street to keep an eye on things before waving Fletch out.

Ronny and Eve come out of the back rejoining Izzy and Leonardo in his study. Ronny nods to Eve as if telling her to go ahead once Fletch and Raven rejoin them.

"Whenever Dr. Frieda tells us to give em back, miss. Now if you'll just go that way down the hall we won't have to grab you. Just don't try anything funny or you won't like it.

After moving down the hall Claire finds herself in a plain unfurnished interview room with a one way mirror on left side. "Wait in here. The doctor we'll be with you in a moment." After saying that they close the door leaving Claire on her own for a moment, though she can hear them on the other side of the door talking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve twiddled her fingers, waiting for the boys to come back. She may have been a social shark in school, but she was taking longer to adjust to this... situation.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

One must wonder where all the snooping neighbors have suddenly gone as a man way past 6 feet stomps out of the house with a clearly human body draped over his shoulders. Fletch moves as quickly as possible to drop the worker into the trunk. He arranges the trash bags around him and closes the trunk quietly. With a silent whistle to Raven he steps back into the house. "Alright then. Can we finally get this damn book?"

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire drummed her fingers on the table, nails clicking against the hard surface. Eyes shifted to the side, glancing at the mirror, wondering who was watching her from behind it. She had been in enough rooms like this, but always on the other side. She buried her nervousness deeper within herself. It wasn't a part of her anymore.

Her mind still reeled; who was this Dr. Frieda? What did they want from her? The questions poured in, the answers remained stubborn.

She started to look around for a camera, wondering if she was being watched from more than one angle.

"Why did you need my damn clothes?" Claire called out, knowing someone would be able to hear her.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Leonardo nodded at Izzy's explaination. "That's unfortunate." He said when she finished, and for a while it seemed like that was all he was going to say.

"Let me tell you something girl." Leonardo said after a lengthy pause, glancing over to Ronny as he spoke. "If you treat someone with respect, they will more than likly return the gesture. If your neanderthal friend had known that, she wouldn't have been spirited off to an untimely demise and you would be out of my house by now. Remember that." Leonardo glanced at Ronny as he said the last bit, before heading into the study.

"Unless the book has been moved since I last saw it, it will be over here. I don't expect all of you will be needed to carry the book, so the rest of you can go busy yourselves elsewhere. I'm sure you have far more entertaining things to do than watch an old man find a book."