What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Izzy's eyes flick around the room at those gathered, trying to recall any important names, faces, or affiliations. Her attention goes to Alexander, catching the whisper. Though she doesn't need to, she takes in a deep breath and lets it out slowly, doing her best to calm her own nerves. Raven was jittery enough for the both of them. Hands still joined, she settled them on her thigh, covering them with her free hand for the time being, just giving his hand a squeeze to reassure him, letting her thumb brush back and forth, trying to help him relax as well. This was always the worst part. Waiting.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch scoots around in his seat uneasily. It's not only nervousness that won't let him sit still. Unknowingly, he is driven by the very same restlessness that puts Claire on edge. He has had bouts of wanting to just go out and roam now and then, but there was very little chance for that, what with all the learning and feeding they had to do. As such, he has to make do with scooting. Also, the seat's terribly uncomfortable.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

It seems to take forever as the group waits for the Prince to arrive. Before long however Adam signals the room from his position and the gathered kindred rise as one. With the sole exception of the short punk girl who puts her feet up on an empty seat beside her.

The Prince moves to the judge's box and takes his seat completely ignoring the girl who had remained seated as if she weren't there. Finally with a refined smile he speaks with an authoritative voice.

"Please be seated my fellow kindred. We have many points of interest to cover on this night."

As the gathered kindred take their seats he continues.

"First we have the matter of the neonates seated before us, who I understand River has decided to release from her care. Believing them to be capable of becoming decent law-abiding members of the camarilla. Is this correct, Alexander?"

Alexander graciously replies with a slight bow, "Yes, my Prince, and I agree with her judgment on the matter."

The Prince's piercing gaze looks to each of the neonates in turn before speaking again.

"As much as I trust your judgment Alexander. A unique opportunity has come up, which will allow me to completely judge their worth as citizens of the Camarilla. One of the kine of Red Deer has come across a certain book which our associates in the Giovanni clan would like returned. Your task is to retrieve this book without any violations of the masquerade is this understood?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronny follows suit with the other gathered kindred during the Prince's entrance. Paying close attention to the reactions of the other kindred as the matter of their release is discussed. When the prince reveals his plan and looks to them Ronny looks down the row at the rest of the group as if he's trying to gauge if the others agree to the test before speaking up.

Raven has stopped shaking, but he still nervously gripped Izzy's hand throughout the proceedings. When he hears of the Prince's proposal he gives her hand a squeeze to let her know that he is willing if she is.

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve swallowed nervously and thought, I doubt its just that easy. She cleared her throat, "What's the catch?" Her voice wavered, uncertain. "I mean, what are the complications, risks, dangers... other than the obvious..." she finished in a mumble, shooting a look at Claire.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire smirked as she noticed Eve's glance, and held up her chin before turning her gaze back towards the Prince.

"It's a test Eve. Meaning if you fuck up, you fail," she said shortly, fidgeting with her fingers, eager to hunt down this kine and get that book. Freedom was so close she could taste it.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Obviously, you neanderthal. There's got to be something more, or it wouldn't be a test. Nothing is that simple anymore." Except you. she snorted.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River sighed and tilted her head back a fraction, before looking back at the prince again. "Alright, several things then." She said quickly, counting them off on an upraised hand as she went.
"What does this book look like? Where was it last seen? Do we have any idea who's in the possession of it now? And last but not least, I assume I'm supposed to sit this one out and let the licks learn to fly on their own, yeah?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh good. Let's squabble in front of the Prince. Great. Raven can feel Izzy's hand squeezing his a little tighter. Way to get off on a good start.

"Ladies, chill," she mutters out of the corner of her mouth. River brought up some good questions and would hopefully be a good enough distraction. Not likely, but hopefully it would divert his attention from the squabble. Given that this was their test, she didn't see River being allowed to come along, but she still might be there in case things really hit the fan. Of course, the Prince's answers to the questions were going to determine a few things, but she was already considering what to do to get the book. In fact, she started grinning, Eve and Claire even giving her an idea for a distraction, if one was going to be needed.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire bit back her laughter at the rise she was just starting to pull from Eve, but her amusement still showed on her face. She did have to admit to herself that River had some good questions at least. Answers that would just help her get the damn thing.

Waiting for the answer she didn't snap back at Eve, letting the moment cool down... for now.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The Prince sat smiling serenely at Eve's question and listened to the argument between the two. Finally he he spoke again in a tone that hinted at his irritation as he looked to Eve and Claire.

"Consider this your only warning, I am the Prince and I expect lowly neonates such as yourselves to refer to me by my title. I also expect a certain decorum from the kindred in my court. Is that understood?"

After listening to River's questions, he smiled again before answering.

"Yes you are quite right River, it is up to the neonates to accomplish this task on their own. The book I am told is an exceedingly old one regarding the Giovanni discipline of Necromancy, written by Claudius Giovanni. We have determined that the book was sent to a local history professor, by the name of Leonardo MacIsaacs, at his home 453 Oleander Drive. How he received the book we don't know, so any information about this would be appreciated. Finally to answer the most important question. If you fail the test you do not get acknowledged, and unacknowledged kindred who are found in my domain are dealt with by Vincent. Any other questions?"

At this the group notices a thin smile pass over Vincent's face as he listens to the proceedings.

Ronny sits calmly watching and listening to the scene between Claire and Eve, as well as the answers to the questions posed by River. Finally he stands up and looking to the Prince and says with a hint of snideness.

"Roger that, Prince. I'll get the book with or without their help."

With that he starts moving toward the door of the courtroom with a slight smile on his face.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve bowed her head, properly chastised and now even more angry at Claire, "My apologies, Prince. I do have one other question... Either we all pass, or none of us do, right Sir?" She refused to stare after Ronny, and sat patiently waiting to be dismissed or have her question answered. This is not some game! What the hell is he thinking, just walking out like that?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The Prince says nothing as Ronny speaks and then begins to leave. He doesn't appear pleased at Ronny's tone, but he does appear pleased at his methods. As Eve asks her question, he smiles before answering.

"Incorrect. One of you may pass, some of you may pass, all of you may pass, or none of you may pass. Working together would make it easier to ensure you pass, but it isn't necessary."

By the time this statement has finished Ronny has already left the room closing the door behind him.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve has never been so glad to be wrong in her life. She nodded once. "Thank you, Prince." and then stole a glance over at Izzy, hoping the other girl had a plan that would get them all through this. She desperately hoped the others didnt start treating this as a contest.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire nodded, the largest sign of respect she had shown anyone for the past few weeks, towards the prince. For a moment she simply listened, taking in all the information, before finally standing and following Ronny out.

"It will get done Prince," she said, wanting to throw something more colourful his way, but more keen on keeping her head on her shoulders.

It didn't take her long to catch up with Ronny, moving behind him close enough to speak in his ear.

"If you make it so I don't get my damn freedom, so help me I'll make sure you don't get to enjoy yours. I'll see you at the address," she sneered before slinking off into the shadows.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Watching the other two leave, Izzy was definitely frowning. Given the Prince's answer, it was likely whomever showed up with the book, or at least answers to the Prince's questions, were going to be the ones who were acknowledged. Knowing Claire, she was probably already gone as soon as she was out the door. Ronny could go either way.

She caught Eve's look and inclined her head a little to the other woman and then put her attention back on the Prince.

"Then it looks like we've got a job to do. With your permission, our Prince." She did her best to make it sound less flippant than the way Ronny and Claire had used the title, even if it hadn't been intended as such. It also helped encompass the others that were still sitting with her. Provided Ken didn't seem to have issue with it, she rose, with Raven, and started making her way out as well. She wanted to try and catch Ronny, but wanted to give Eve and Fletch time to catch up as well. She also kept her chuckle to herself until she was outside, having had a rather unpleasant thought as she glanced around, looking to see if Claire or Ronny were still in the vicinity.

((Yes, Izzy's waiting just outside, so if Eve and Fletch want to catch her, she's there, but she does want to see if she can't catch Ronny as well, get his take on it. And no, she doesn't want to take too long, since she figures Claire's already going for the book, heh.))

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve stood shortly after Izzy and followed the two out of the door, trying to keep up at least a mild sense of respect and decorum, while making her way out as fast as possible.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch nods, keeping quiet as the prince explains the mission, as well as during the squabble between Claire and Eve.
As everybody gets up to leave, though, he catches up with Eve. Walking quietly besides the petite model for a moment, he tries to find a way to say what he has to say. "I don't think you got any brownie points with the prince tonight," he finally tells her. "Neither did Claire," he's quick to add. He reaches up and takes off his cap, working it over in his hands for a moment.
"Look, once this deal tonight has gone down, we won't be stuck with all of them. So at least Claire'll be off your back. Let's grab Izzy and Raven and go over to that guy's apartment. I shake him a little until he hands over the book, and we're off." Sounds easy enough for him.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

She nodded miserably. "I was really trying my best too, but she just... argh. She just knows what buttons to push." Then she sighed. "Unfortunately, I really don't think it's going to be that easy. The Prince wants answers in addition to the book, so we'll have to at least question him... I'm no good with the planning stuff. I think Izzy has an idea though."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The prince continues smiling as the others take their leave nodding permission to Izzy when she asks for it. As the last of them leave they can hear him already beginning the next order of business for the night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronny only smiles as Claire hurries past him with her not to subtle threat. Hurrying to the car he had used earlier, he takes off for the address given to them by the prince. As he passes the courthouse he signals to the others to follow as quickly as possible.

Outside Raven seems a bit confused as to some of the others motivations, but he follows Izzy wherever she goes. As the others get ready to leave they see a silver Mitsubishi take off in the same direction as Ronny did.

(((I'm assuming Claire took off on foot for the address. If I'm wrong let me know. Otherwise assuming the rest follow as quickly as possible, Claire arrives first assuming a use of celerity, followed by Ronny soon after, then the rest. Since these are all assumptions for now let me know if I'm wrong.)))

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Clair was already waiting at the given address, emerging from the shadows as the others arrived, a shotgun held loosely in her hands. She laid it over her shoulder and watched the other kindred arive.

"Before anyone says anything, force may not be necessary but it sure could help, and I know little miss princess over there won't want to get her hands dirty. But I'm sure someone else will be able to talk prettier than me, and talking nicely will be able to get more information out of the guy. I hate to say it, but in this instance if we work together, we all get what we want," Claire said, nodding towards Eve, unable to resist digging at her.

She hated having to admit that she essentially needed the others to do everything the prince wanted.