What's new

Books

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Books

So when does Emma versus the Tentacle Monsters come out then?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yeah, the same with me Newbie though it's not a book I wanna rush out and buy.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

DEATH IS NO BARRIER TO THE TALE!!!

Yes, Robert Jordan's next book has come out, despite his passing away in 2007.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I just finished R.A. Salvatores newest book, Ghost King. I have to say, it might be the best book in the series, even though he kills 3 main characters. I was actually quite shocked by the way the series has changed, and I'm looking forward to see what he throws in in the next one.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So... found a manuscript, or are his children/proteges picking up where he left off?

Or did they do it the Deathlands way...

Just found out that the author of the Deathlands series died after finishing book like 40 or something. The series is at almost 80 now. They've had 7 different people writing them since his death and haven't changed the author on the front cover yet.

Lurker
Reputation score

His wife picked a writer and the two of them put something together from the original authors notes, which I gather were quite extensive.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I just finished R.A. Salvatores newest book, Ghost King. I have to say, it might be the best book in the series, even though he kills 3 main characters. I was actually quite shocked by the way the series has changed, and I'm looking forward to see what he throws in in the next one.
I just picked that up and will be reading it soon... 3 main characters... are we sure we're talking about Salvatore here?

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

He'd do it, I just haven't seen him do it in his Drizzt series yet. About halfway through Pirate King currently, has Ghost King come out in paperback yet?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

His wife picked a writer and the two of them put something together from the original authors notes, which I gather were quite extensive.
"Quite extensive" is a fucking understatement. Jordan knew he was dying and wrote as much as he possibly could before he did and then his wife (and editor) hand picked Sanderson to finish it out.

I have seen this book in actual 3D. It is fucking huge. FUCKING HUGE. We are talking at the very least 750 pages (I have not opened it up to see an actual page count. I'm afraid.) and it is BOOK ONE.

Yes, you heard me right. The last book was so fricking extensive they had to break it up into THREE. So look for two more of these giants before the series comes to an actual end.

And I already answered Shrike and the answer is no.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

750 pages isn't that fucking huge. The fact that they are breaking a single book into 3 (like when they thought Lord of the Rings was too big back in the day) is interesting.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

I think he meant that book one of 3 is 750 pages, assuming they keep the pattern the full book would be 750*3=2250 pages... Now THATS fucking huge:p

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

mm.... 2k pages is hugeish. copper did you mean that the whole ground pound book is fucking huge, or just the first section?

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think she meant that book one of 3 is 750 pages, assuming they keep the pattern the full book would be 750*3=2250 pages... Now THATS fucking huge:p
Fixed... sorry Wonderboy.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Meh, I just work under the default setting of he when I'm on the internet... Gives me the highest probability of being right:p

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

hmmm... there is a fair amount of women on this forum though.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I just picked that up and will be reading it soon... 3 main characters... are we sure we're talking about Salvatore here?
Yes. Though, one of them has a fate worse than death. Only hint I'm giving is, you'll be sad if you read the Cleric Quintet.

He'd do it, I just haven't seen him do it in his Drizzt series yet. About halfway through Pirate King currently, has Ghost King come out in paperback yet?
I think he's getting rid of all of the characters he doesn't want to write anymore, since he basically wrote out Wulfgar and Entreri (Though I hope he brings Entreri back, he was my favorite character.) Since you're reading Pirate King I won't spoil it for you, but let's just say he starts the murdering of characters there. I have to say, the only book of Transitions that had a happy ending was Orc King. Pirate Kings ending was sad, and the end of Ghost King is downright awful for Drizzt and Company.

As for paperback, I have no idea since I grabbed the first copy I could find, and it was a hard-cover.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yes. Though, one of them has a fate worse than death. Only hint I'm giving is, you'll be sad if you read the Cleric Quintet.

I have to say, the only book of Transitions that had a happy ending was Orc King. Pirate Kings ending was sad, and the end of Ghost King is downright awful for Drizzt and Company.

I hate you...

well, not literally... but hopefully you get my drift.

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lol, okay, no more give-aways. I was going to hint at the other two, but decided against it.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I think he meant that book one of 3 is 750 pages, assuming they keep the pattern the full book would be 750*3=2250 pages... Now THATS fucking huge:p
mm.... 2k pages is hugeish. copper did you mean that the whole ground pound book is fucking huge, or just the first section?
All I know is that I picked up this behemoth and then read that it's part 1 of 3. And yes, I'm thinking that if each book is around 750 pages, you're looking at a freaking massive story.

Meh, I just work under the default setting of he when I'm on the internet... Gives me the highest probability of being right:p
No offense taken, but I'm not one to remain gender-neutral here on the forum. *shrugs* nbd.

Lol, okay, no more give-aways. I was going to hint at the other two, but decided against it.
No spoilers is always the best way to go.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

WE HAVE SPOILER TAGS FOR A REASON!

=D [/shameless self-promotion]