What's new

ACT [azurezero] Dash - lil red ror (RELEASED £3.20)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dash - lil red ror (RELEASED £3.20)

Question. Did you test the game at all once the witch spawns? She is impossible on stage 15. If I go fast then she kills me instantly with the rope attack. Also if you think the player can just dodge it, spoiler THEY CAN'T. The hitbox is way too big and how close she is at the start makes it nearly a point blank shot. If I go too slow then I can't advance because the pink slime blocked the path and the witch instantly catches me. Even without that by the time I even get to stage 15, I'm at 3 lives most, because the stage right before it is pure luck based on whether with witch turns around fast enough or when she fires her attack. I went through stage 14 10 times at the same speed using the same tactics. Half the time the witch would fire at a completely different time and I'd lose a life thanks to terrible RNG. Other than the witch being a rage inducing cunt, the game has been very enjoyable and fun. By the way did you remove the scene with those furry poison dart shooters? It just gives the basic game over screen that you get from the machine dart shooters if you get hit by them.

Edit: Apparently the game bugged and the witch was spawning closer than she should have on stage 15. After restarting it fixed itself.
I tested the game many times with each iteration, i'll do another run through though

for now be sure

i triple checked that it should work, the cg really should unlock, pm me with screencaps of your folders

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I did drop the ball on the falling down animation object, it was set to generic, changed it to a global variable to differentiate between the generic nude and the gangbang (poison darts)

tested, synced ^ link in post above still

proof unlock works for me

WITHOUT UNLOCK

WITH UNLOCK

Last edited:

firebug

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just out of curiousity, is the witch meant to have an animation or just go straight to the CG? Also, I've completed the game but there are 2 CG's I havnt unlocked yet. I believe 1 is the bush but I'm not sure of the other one :/

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just out of curiousity, is the witch meant to have an animation or just go straight to the CG? Also, I've completed the game but there are 2 CG's I havnt unlocked yet. I believe 1 is the bush but I'm not sure of the other one :/
theres 2 endings, and the bush cg should be a threesome with 2 anonymous men

and the witch does just go to the cg :)

you get the "good" ending if you dont have to continue, meaning you have to start at level 1

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

How in gods name do I make that jump in level 7? After narrowly making it past the slime, no matter how hard I try I cannot make the jump. I've tried dashing then jumping off middash, I've tried a normal jump then dashing in mid air.. Yet no matter what I miss by a hair and fall into the pit.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How in gods name do I make that jump in level 7? After narrowly making it past the slime, no matter how hard I try I cannot make the jump. I've tried dashing then jumping off middash, I've tried a normal jump then dashing in mid air.. Yet no matter what I miss by a hair and fall into the pit.
if you mean the large pit, dash when youve got to the end of your jump (or any point during the fall)

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

if you mean the large pit, dash when youve got to the end of your jump (or any point during the fall)
Thank yooooooou

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OKAY! got the censored version sent off for dlsite to review, hopefully they wont dawdle so i don't need to wait for...fuck...i wont see any money from them until 28th september+2-3 weeks... luckily by then i'll have paid more rent to get me to that point...

ANYWAY...so far the sales are pretty good for the first day at the full price, slightly ahead of damsel quest, im still waiting on people to give general feedback or a review :3

CDom

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey, went ahead and bought it. Best low priced game I've bought lately. The artwork from lustfire is beyond good, the game itself is challenging, and after having been seriously let down by games like Orc Break (Worst $1 I've spent in a long time), I'd have to say I'm appreciating game being around right now.

For the downsides, the backgrounds don't quite loop right, a few levels feel like they were made to be too hard leaving almost no room for error at all (and on a life system that can be aggravating), the bush enemy that shoots darts seems to make some levels a bit cheap/"luck based" with inbound off-screen shots sometimes playing a major factor, and sometimes the difficulty curb felt a bit broken.

For an improvement I've seen - I felt you put more effort into the spriting, and I liked how you started out with a sudo tutorial but felt it could have been a bit longer.

Suggestions:You put down the X and Z blocks, but why not having one that has three blocks "Z" "+" "X" kind of deal so people catch more onto the high jump feature. It's non-intrusive so there's no need to worry about putting down too much data with how you're doing it and if the player doesn't need it at all, they'll be able to blaze through it like it's not even there. Additionally, I'd have liked to see more actual lives, since most of the ones I do try to get I realize were put there as a trap (*shakes a fist at level 11 especially*)

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any way I can get the images from the cg as image files? I paid for the game but they look kinda funky in fullscreen when I view them in the gallery =]

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Any way I can get the images from the cg as image files? I paid for the game but they look kinda funky in fullscreen when I view them in the gallery =]
hmmm i'll have to think about a way to do that

So my 2 cents.

I really enjoyed this game. And the CG's, oh man, oh man they're good, like, I can't even find a youtube video to express how good they are ( and I looked).

The mechanics are a little odd at first, but the learning curve isn't so steep where the deaths seem cheap. For a game with just jumping and dashing, it is a pretty fun game and unlike some h-games (where grinding or cheap deaths fill those countless minutes between those h-scenes), I actually enjoyed playing it.

Yes, the game is difficult, but not overtly so and the learning curve is pretty is well adjusted for the age and experience of this forums users and I'm assuming for players of h-games. For one, I learned it pretty quick and got the game over CG after a few mistakes. Man, that CG though, and the CG's in general.

I'm curious, will you be releasing CG's with your own artwork? I highly enjoyed Lustfire's artwork, but yours is also cool.

Overview:

Pros:
-Fun Game
-Great artwork
- Simple to learn
- Not a bad learning curve
- Great game for price

Cons:
-Somewhat short game (which is made up by trying to get all the CG's).
- On some levels you can leave the map, which can ruin a good game over CG run.
I'm not sure, I was planning on doing all the cg for my crowdfunding project but it seems Lustfire wants in on it, i'll need to find a small concept i can work on in my spare time to use my own art on, for now im doing a game commission for a sex wrestling game in which im doing the art myself
heres some examples

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry, lustfire isn't really okay with the originals being shared, f4 turns off windowed mode so you should be able to view them at the proper ratio if thats messing with it

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry, lustfire isn't really okay with the originals being shared, f4 turns off windowed mode so you should be able to view them at the proper ratio if thats messing with it
No problem, I figured out a way to do it anyway =]

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

also thanks to everyone who bought the game, if any of the presale people lost the unlock file be sure to email me so i can send the replacement.

I'm still holding out hope that this game will do every bit as well as damsel quest did. I've learned a lot since then, and this game was trying to reduce player annoyment as much as possible

AngelKara

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey so if this was already said I'm too lazy to check. I tried the demo for this and the screen just stayed up in the air and I couldn't see the character or seem to do anything, but move the screen to the right... Is there a fix to this or?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey so if this was already said I'm too lazy to check. I tried the demo for this and the screen just stayed up in the air and I couldn't see the character or seem to do anything, but move the screen to the right... Is there a fix to this or?
it sounds like a variation on this problem

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=590437&postcount=152

i wonder if its a problem with the ram... before i fixed my combining objects script to overwrite every level, some people had a thing where refreshing a level a lot fast would make all the blocks dissappear...

hmmm maybe in future i should just stick to 30fps...

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

in other news i finally got slopes to work, by following the logic the tutorials i found but using my own method of carrying it out, cant get it to work with dashing, but thats another thing i can use in games now :)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

dash has fallen behind damsel quest in sales now, though im not sure if this is because people have lost interest allready or if its just that 45 people bought the game before release...