What's new

Atlanta, Georgia, United States

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Regina didn't react much to it, figuring he'd replied to something the other woman had asked him.

Leena nodded solemnly, a small hint of sadness in her eyes.

"Roger ... you remember your promise to me? Well now I'm making one to you. I'm going to do everything I can when we get back to locate that bastard and help you get your chance back at taking him out. Their deaths will not go unavenged."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"... He's in Nigeria..." he said simply, in the same cold tone of voice.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"So he told you. Do you really think the cheap ass would tell you where he'd REALLY be? More than likely he's just planning to lead you into a trap there and watch you die from a hundred miles away. I don't want to see that happen Roger."

By now they'd reached her car, Regina jogging slightly to catch up with them.

"Three minutes til all hell breaks loose here, we'd best be gone."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No." he said simply. Roger couldn't help but get a good feeling the man was telling the truth, even about Brandy. But, instead of something else being the new B.O.W, she was one of the test subjects. But, no matter what, Roger could feel the strings of destiny in his heart, and they've never lied to him before. He knew he'd meet Wesker again, that was inevitable. And he knew that if he went to Nigeria, he'd find him there, waiting for him...

Roger seemed very distant, if no one caught onto that before. He never looked at anyone directly, and simply walked over to the door, not paying heed to Regina, her words of a bomb coming to attack his hometown only distant in his mind. He lost his only home, and everyone he knew inside it. All he had left was the creature who killed them, and Roger simply knew in his heart that the two of them would meet again. And at that point, he'd likely fight his last fight, and either take revenge, or die in the process.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leena got enough from his aura to have a fair idea of what was going through his mind, and, despite conflicting thoughts in her mind, she remained silent on the subject.

Silently she waited til both he and Regina got in the car, and when they had, drove off as fast as she could. They were roughly ten miles out from the facility when the sky lit up, indicating the bomb's arrival where they had once been.

They had just exited the Atlanta city limit when there was another flash of light in the sky, so bright that Leena was blinded, and nearly lost control of the car before she was able to bring it to a stop.

"I thought there was only one bomb?"

Regina spoke calmly.

"There is only one. That wasn't a bomb."

When the flash died out and there was an actual visible landscape, the sight that greeted them was stunning.

To begin with, it had still been a few hours away from dawn the last they had checked, but now it was broad daylight. Whereas moments ago it had been clear, this day appeared to be choked with clouds and the wind had picked up significantly.

What was most disturbing was that where there had been crisp, clean new buildings before, they now appeared to be shattered, broken almost beyond recognition.

Bodies lay broken in the streets before them, many seeming to have been former plaga hosts, but a few were covered in a hardening black substance that made Leena want to vomit just looking at.

"Gah. What the fuck is this?"

Leena had spoken, and seemed quite shaken up by whatever had just happened.

Not much was left of whatever town they were in, the remains of the buildings nearby completely trashed beyond recognition. It almost appeared as if a nuke had gone off, but that was impossible considering the fact that they were very much alive.

Regina on the other hand had a sneaking suspicion of what had gone on.

"Ah shit, I think there was another fucking time shift incident. Pray I'm wrong."

((Decided to move this forth now since it could take a bit to finish up, hopefully we can coincide this with the other thread which is moving slower than I anticipated. Oh, and the first person to say OMG Silent Hill? Yeah, they get SHOT, cuz ... just ... no, lol.))

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Wait, back up a second. We were driving along the exit, where buildings aren't typically standing around, and it was nighttime, but now it's day? And there was another explosion, following someone who is currently unnamed saying, "Gah. What the fuck is this?" With no indication on their tone of voice, followed by bodies lining the streets.)

( I can't envision what Roger's surroundings are, once again. And I don't know what to do because of it. I don't know how, being on an exit to the highway, bodies are around us, and while I have a good hunch it was Leena who said, "Gah," there is no indication, nor emotion behind it. )

( "I CAN'T BE STUNNED IF YOU BARELY DESCRIBE WHAT I'M LOOKING AT, OR WHAT EVEN HAPPENED FOR THAT MATTER!!!" )

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Yes it was Leena who spoke that. No they aren't on an exit, they are driving past the outskirts of Atlanta on a non highway road heading NW, don't ask me offhand what's NW of Atlanta cuz I have no fucking clue. There was a bright flash of light in the sky that blinded Leena, but it wouldn't have exactly blinded RJ since he wasn't looking directly at it, so no stun for him.))

Edit:

((Some changes made, dunno if it helps or not for you. Seems some of what I originally thought I posted wasn't there after all so if need be I'll have to come back a bit later on and really hash more out since I apparently didn't post what I originally had intended to ...))

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Okay, location solved, but given how much you decided to have happen, there isn't nearly enough detail to tell me anything other than a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very blunt explanation. )

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Don't know if you caught the edit or not RJ. Also, not much to describe when there's not much left of the area they SHOULD be in, other than to say it looks like a nuke half leveled everything. Not really sure what all else I can add in for this tbh.))

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Meh... That's good enough of an explanation, but I think you should read more books, my friend. Try some of Terry Goodkind's books, or even Robert Jordan's works. They use a great amount of detail in their books, often more than enough for me to paint a clear picture in my mind of what's happening, what color the trees are, how hot it is, and the like. I'll admit though, I'm spoiled from getting so much detail. :( )

Roger looked about his surroundings, confused, until Regina seemed to speak the answer to what appeared to have happened. Roger turned from his seat, to look at Regina in the back. "What the hell do you mean, time shift?"

( Oh, and unless they're in a white room, there's always a lot to describe. All that matters is how willing you are to describe it. )

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Technically I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but we work for the same agency so ... fuck regulations."

She thought for a few moments then pressed on.

"Alright, I don't know if you recall any of the reports three years ago or any news clippings regarding a possible weapon being built off the Australian coast or not. Anyway, I was sent in with a group of agents to retrieve the head scientist on the project. It turned out he'd created a generator capable of producing very clean energy, so clean there would be NO greenhouse gases involved, and it could power a city the size of New York very easily. Well it turned out that the generator has the ability to replace a pocket in space with one from another time. I won't bore you with the finer details of things, but the long and short of it is, more experiments have been done over the last two years, trying to control that. There was a test being conducted tonight on the new stabilizer for that generator, in the hopes that we could control the time shift. I think for some reason it failed, and quite miserably. Which means, for the moment, until we can find the generator here ... we're stuck with no way back."

About then, a massive thunderclap was heard, and the heavens opened up with a torrential downpour of rain.

"Just fucking great, and now a thunder-storm to boot. The only thing that could make this worse would be if a god damn T-Rex shows up."

To that remark, Leena shot back, "bite your damn tongue! If one shows up because of that I'm going to be super pissed."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger sighed, and his head fell back into the headrest behind him. In frustration, he put his palm to his face, and spoke in a surprisingly calm, passive voice, "If you two don't stop acting like idiots in five seconds, I'm going to knock the both of you out, put you in the trunk, and figure out a way back by myself." He let out another sigh, and moved both hands to the sides of his head, to try and soothe the headache he was getting from the untold amounts of stupidity he was encountering lately. It was as if some unknown force was doing all of this to him on purpose, just to make his life miserable.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Regina just shook her head.

"Hmm ... Alright the facility where the generator SHOULD be is about three miles ... South East of us. If we can drive there and get into the under-ground test facility I'm pretty sure I can reverse what's been done, though I have to admit to you that I'm by far anything but an expert on this, and it may take some time for me to properly set the machine. If your game for that ... Roger was it? If your game for that then I say we get started now. Sooner we can get back ... the better, and the less time we stick around to find out what might have survived into this time."

Leena looked around the area then added something herself.

"I don't think we went back in time considering there's parts of buildings left, so forward maybe?"

Regina nodded.

"That's my hope. Though it isn't necisarilly a definite future that would happen, most likely only a possible one. I think."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A thought occurred in Roger's mind, "Is it possible to go back to before those monsters ever attacked? Maybe even the day before?" Roger had a small hope in his heart, that maybe he could save Brandy and his friends from dieing after all...

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Regina started to answer, opened her mouth then stopped. She repeated this several times before she finally found words.

"I ... I'm not sure actually. It's never been tried before. In theory I SUPPOSE it's possible yes, but I have no idea how to go about doing it. I may only be able to get us back a few hours before all of that. I may not be able to get us any extra time. I won't know until I can look at the generator."

Leena had an idea as to what Roger was planning, and even she had to admit the idea was tempting.

"Well ... it's a chance. Don't know about you Roger, but I'd say even a remote chance is worth trying for."

((Hmm ... I'm gonna have to talk with Wolf on that later and re-look up the elements for the third energy, but I'm pretty sure it's possible to do that. He probably couldn't stop Wesker from stealing the aircraft, but he might be able to stop Brandy from dying. I actually hadn't considered that possibility until you mentioned it. Nice catch there.))

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger turned in his seat, to look Regina in the eyes, "Please, I'll do anything you want if you help me stop my friends from dieing." he said sincerely, almost as if begging her, "If you do that for me, anything I have is yours, just please help me get my friends back."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She nodded slowly.

"I will do everything I can to give you that chance. Helping others, saving lives ... it's what I live for, it's who I am. If there's a chance, I'll take it. We should probably get moving though, the longer we wait the longer it will take for me to figure things out."

As if on cue, Leena started moving the car again in the direction Regina had indicated.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With nothing else to really talk about, worn both mentally and physically, Roger leaned against the door, resting his head on the glass, and partially closing his eyes. And, should no one speak to him, or talk themselves, Roger's eyes will slowly close completely, and not long after will he find himself half asleep.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both women let him get some rest, knowing over this kind of terrain it would be some time to transverse it if they wanted to get there in one piece.

After almost half an hour of slow, tedious and crawling pace, they came across what remained of the entry way to the bunker. But it wasn't how Regina remembered it.

What the hell? It looks like someone else took this thing over after whatever happened.

Roger would eventually wake to the sounds of the car door shutting as Regina stepped out.

The area was devoid of anything truly standing, save half the wall of what had possibly once been a single story guard house covering the entry way to the bunker. Everything else was a smashed pile of rubble. Broken concrete, smashed steel, even hints of what might have been styrofoam littered the ground knee deep.

The entry door to the bunker was solid steel, and appeared to be relatively unscathed, perhaps having been designed to withstand massive forces against it. However, it appeared to have been open already, and for some time as spider webbing was thick across the entry way.

If Roger woke, he'd discover that Regina was moving just a short distance off, rifle in hand, scouting the area carefully, though she was slowed considerably by the amount of junk she had to slog through. Leena also was leaned near him, seeming about to wake him up.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger, groggy, couldn't open his eyes, and moaned a little when the car came to a stop, and Regina hopped out. However, he wasn't fully awake yet. Still very tired, he appeared very likely to fall back asleep if Leena did nothing to wake him...